Peepshow

Glen

PBF is 100% more glam than sleaze. ;)

Hard to think of sleaze bands off the top of my head, but some of my faves:

No Respect

Vain

Shotgun Messiah

Nasty Idols (2nd album anyway)

Oh yeah, Vain would be in there too - esp the debut and enough rope.

As for the definition of a hook, everyone will probably give a different answer, but for me its part of a song - not necessarily the chorus - even just a melody, which latches onto your brain and keeps you coming back for more and more and more...........

here you go -

Answer: In music the word "hook" refers to that part of a song that catches the ear of the listener. In other words, it's a lyrical line or melodic phrase that makes the song memorable. In this context you can say songwriting is somewhat like fishing; make your hook strong and appealing and you'll be able to catch 'em and reel 'em in.

cheers

Missed this one for a while...

Thanks for the info fellas. From this it seems that I like glam and not (so much) sleaze. Love the sound of PBF, etc, but I really don't like Vain one bit.

Another one I should have included in the list is Blackrain. Last year's album was good, but 'License To Thrill' was fantastic - hands down my favourite rock album of the last 5 years. More glam than sleaze, would you say?

BTW, had another listen to the samples of the Peepshow album and I really like them. CD ordered.

Still about the highlight of the year for me so far. :) Still got a lot to hear, but this is a real winner, imo.

• 2 years later...