Crazy Lixx

Jeff

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is on its way, shipped late last week. Bought it from here, a site Wes found, for $12.40

BlowItOutaHere.com

Ordered mine from there as well, and it is currently on a truck or in a horse's saddle bag on it's way to me as I type this. Really looking forward to it, I've loved their previous releases and I'm sure this one will be no different.

Been able to sit with this one for almost a week and I have to say, it is VERY good. Different from the other two, especially the first half of the record but fans of New Religion will love the second half. Killer band!

It's a good album IMO but I need more spins to fully decide where it stands but on first listen I think they miss Laney as producer quite a bit not just on the sound but having someone to help flesh out the songs as some of these would not find a place on their two previous discs. Not a bad song on here but it seems to be a few songs short and really missing that killer track or two that the first two albums have. Again I will spin more and i'm sure it will grow but after one shot I'm slightly dissapointed.

It's a good album IMO but I need more spins to fully decide where it stands but on first listen I think they miss Laney as producer quite a bit not just on the sound but having someone to help flesh out the songs as some of these would not find a place on their two previous discs. Not a bad song on here but it seems to be a few songs short and really missing that killer track or two that the first two albums have. Again I will spin more and i'm sure it will grow but after one shot I'm slightly dissapointed.

Really? I think the production on this is much better than the first 2, hey ho.

I dont really get the 'missing a killer track' thing.....if 'Be Gone' isnt killer I dont know what is these days?? About as good a sleaze/hard rock track as you could ask for.

Expectations seem incredibly high in 2012.

Just my 2 cents.

Glen, are you really sure 'Be Gone' is your best pick here? coz to me right now it sounds like a 7.5 kinda track

the first four tracks and 'In The Night' is better for me. 'Heatseeker' may be the weakest filler here

'Heatseeker' may be the weakest filler here

"Heatseeker" is my favorite track on the cd.

Personally I think the first half of the album is good, but not extremely memorable or even very catchy (although I'm sure most of the tracks will eventually grow on me). Definitely a turn from what the band is known for. Then, starting with track 7 "Church of Rock", it's a whole different story. Awesome, kickass, catchy songs that immediately remind me of their 1st two releases.

Personally I think the first half of the album is good, but not extremely memorable or even very catchy (although I'm sure most of the tracks will eventually grow on me). Definitely a turn from what the band is known for. Then, starting with track 7 "Church of Rock", it's a whole different story. Awesome, kickass, catchy songs that immediately remind me of their 1st two releases.

yep, im a heatseeker fan too :-)

Hm I need to re-listen to that track again cause based on 2-3 spins on that album, I don't think that track is strong at all, but let's take a small quick poll here, then what's your least fave track in this album if you need to pick one ?

Spun this today and it went okay for me. Production is a little lesser than previous discs and it's missing some of those crazy melodic numbers, but overall I enjoyed it plenty. 'Downtown' was probably as weak as it got but even when that one kicked off it was pretty good... just a bit unorganized. First 3 tracks were killers and 'Church of rock' and 'Heatseeker' were sweet too.

But there was a clear winner for me on here. Absolutely loved 'Only the dead.' Brilliant ballad which actually reminded me of Skid Row 'Slave to the grind' era. Delicious stuff and the stand-out for me.

More spins will do this album good.

Hm I need to re-listen to that track again cause based on 2-3 spins on that album, I don't think that track is strong at all, but let's take a small quick poll here, then what's your least fave track in this album if you need to pick one ?

Least favorite would easily be "Downtown". Couldn't wait for it to finish the first time I heard it and ended up skipping to the next track about halfway thru the next couple of times it came on. "In The Night" isn't much better. My two least favorite tracks stuck back to back smack dab in the middle of the album. The first four tracks hit me a little better on repeated plays, just can't help thinking that a souped-up production job would've really taken them over the top. Still absolutely loving the rest of the album from track seven through to the end.

I love this album. Gets better with each spin!! It's not as polished as New Religion, but the songwriting is there. Very good songs and the band shines as they did on the first two releases!

:party421:

Love the title track, hate 'Downtown' (the chorus annoys me soooo much) 'Young Blood' is okay, 'Heatseeker' isn't bad, 'Church of Rock' is great, 'Sweet, Bad & Beautiful' annoyed me at first, but I think it will grow on me, 'Fire It Up' is another very nice tune and even the ballad ('Only The Dead Know') sounds pretty good. Nice, another one on the want list. :D

Love the title track, hate 'Downtown' (the chorus annoys me soooo much) 'Young Blood' is okay, 'Heatseeker' isn't bad, 'Church of Rock' is great, 'Sweet, Bad & Beautiful' annoyed me at first, but I think it will grow on me, 'Fire It Up' is another very nice tune and even the ballad ('Only The Dead Know') sounds pretty good. Nice, another one on the want list. :D

A bit surprised to see all the hate for 'Downtown'...although I think the chorus is much better when it's played like in the bridge and at the end (drums not on every count).

A bit surprised to see all the hate for 'Downtown'...although I think the chorus is much better when it's played like in the bridge and at the end (drums not on every count).

Yeah, it's one of the weaker tracks, but not awful.

But that aside, there are at least 5 or 6 KILLER tracks on this, which means it competes with virtually any album so far in 2012, so well done guys is all I can say.

Yeah, it's one of the weaker tracks, but not awful.

But that aside, there are at least 5 or 6 KILLER tracks on this, which means it competes with virtually any album so far in 2012, so well done guys is all I can say.

I agree! And I feel that it has quite a bit lasting appeal for years to come...catchy, but not too catchy.

Btw: Anyone heard the Japanese bonus track 'Red hot red blooded'?