Baby Jane – In the Spotlight

embrock

This one has passed me by, but from the descriptions sounds like I will love this - will check out asap - cheers

You will, mate... you will. ;)

This and Peepshow (and BBABH) are probably my two favourites of the year so far. Though, like I said, haven't really "reviewed" much yet.

Heard it all the way through this morning, and yeah I like it. Need a few more spins though. Not feelin quite as much love as some others, and the vocalist is weak IMO, but yeah this could be a goodie.

Did someone say it was better than Dynazty tho??? Mmm not for me, I listened to them back to back this morning and Dynazty is stronger in EVERY department.....ESP production and vocals wise.

I think I prefer Crazy Lixx too.......

Its a way off the quality of HEAT too truth be told.

Im hoping that Crashdiet sweep these pretenders away later in the year

:-))

You don't reckon it's better than Dynazty? I'd definitely give it that. Hadn't noticed the vocalist yet, but I do plan to spin it many more times so I'll see what I think.

Thing is I love Dynazty....you know that. To me the Dynazty just sounds a million times better production wise and vocally. Even the solos blitz the Baby Jane IMO. Dont get me wrong this is a very good sleaze disc, in the Crashdiet vein, but I would have them on the second tier behind the big guns...further spins may elevate it further, but defintely an exciting band.

For me, DYNAZTY is better than BABY JANE, but i doubt that CRAZY LIXX is better, probably even, but I kinda think BABY JANE might win slightly. The weak spot is JANE's singer with his accent because Danny Rexon's pronounciation and singing style is way better, but on to the second half, I found 'Riot Avenue' to be a lil patchier than the stronger first half while 'In The Spotlight' is quite balance from start to finish.

To rate the album, DYNAZTY is 90% so far, perhaps about 4 spins, BABY JANE and CRAZY LIXX could trade places between 80% and 85%, depends on how they fare and hold until tenth spins.

For your info: MusicBuyMail is selling this one and has it on stock.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Really good song, cd ain't bad. This is perfect 80's sounding sleaze!

• 4 years later...