Baby Jane – In the Spotlight

embrock

Okay, finally there's a release date for one of my most anticipated albums of the year (and that's without taking anything away from an looking-to-be-excellent 2012!)...

Baby Jane's debut "In the Spotlight"!

The samples in this trailer sound amazing to my ears, check 'em out:

Should appeal to all Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx fans out there!

Okay, finally there's a release date for one of my most anticipated albums of the year (and that's without taking anything away from an looking-to-be-excellent 2012!)...

Sounds like it has a bit more of a modern sound to it than those bands imo, but hard to tell from those very brief samples. :unsure:

Same here, been waiting for a release from these guys for a LONG time.

Sounds like it has a bit more of a modern sound to it than those bands imo, but hard to tell from those very brief samples. :unsure:

A bit more modern sound than Crazy Lixx or Crashdiet? Hmmmm, not sure what that means since CL and CD are modern, right? Anyway, no matter, I too think if you like Crashdiet or Crazy Lixx, you should like Baby Jane.

Do a bit of digging for their True Sound of the Underground EP songs....great tunes in line with CD and CL. It surprised me they were not taking off like those bands and what was taking so long to get a full official release, but the time has come! :beerbang:

Sounds great!!

I guess this is a different band than the BabyJane that released "Are You Listening"?

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5923&CDName=Are+You+Listening

Yes, definitely different band. I think the one you refer to is from Australia? This Baby Jane is from Sweden.

The Baby Jane you mention, I do like Are You Listening.

Sounds great!!

I guess this is a different band than the BabyJane that released "Are You Listening"?

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5923&CDName=Are+You+Listening

Yes, definitely different band. I think the one you refer to is from Australia? This Baby Jane is from Sweden.

The Baby Jane you mention, I do like Are You Listening.

right on both - Babyjane is also another band from Australia and Are you listening? is a very good album.

Just got this from the band today to review for Hardrock Haven and while I will post my formal review when it's done, I'm going to tell you right here & now that this is totally kickass stuff. Sweden has done it again, and any fan of Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Dynazty, etc. is going to be very impressed. It's only March, but I can just about guarantee this makes it on my 2012 Top Ten List at the end of the year...I had an ear-to-ear smile on my face as I listened to it. You think the new Dynazty is good? This album is even better...

Just got this from the band today to review for Hardrock Haven and while I will post my formal review when it's done, I'm going to tell you right here & now that this is totally kickass stuff. Sweden has done it again, and any fan of Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Dynazty, etc. is going to be very impressed. It's only March, but I can just about guarantee this makes it on my 2012 Top Ten List at the end of the year...I had an ear-to-ear smile on my face as I listened to it. You think the new Dynazty is good? This album is even better...

This does not surprise me at all since loving their older tunes BUT I am super glad to hear a "kickass" review! :guitbannana:

Anyone got a good place to order this? sek210 converts to about au$30 from the official band site and that's more than a bit steep for me, but I'm really keen to lay down some realistic dollars for this and hear it asap.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck finding this for a reasonable price?

I really want to support these guys and buy the CD but the cheapest I can find so far converts to $26...and that does not include postage from Europe to US.

Still keen as a ballsack to buy this disc, but it's too f*cking frustrating having unavailable albums, and I couldn't hold out anymore and scored a download - this is really awesome. Killer album. Shame some stupid c*nt doesn't make this available so these guys can actually sell the albums they deserve to sell.

Still keen as a ballsack to buy this disc, but it's too f*cking frustrating having unavailable albums, and I couldn't hold out anymore and scored a download - this is really awesome. Killer album. Shame some stupid c*nt doesn't make this available so these guys can actually sell the albums they deserve to sell.

Hey, is now a good time to tell you that in addition to the download I received to review this album, the band also sent me an autographed copy of the CD for free? Showed up in the mail unexpectedly today. :nyanya: But yeah, all rubbing-it-in aside, this is a damn good album and hopefully some label will wise up soon and make this available at a reasonable price.

Hey, is now a good time to tell you that in addition to the download I received to review this album, the band also sent me an autographed copy of the CD for free? Showed up in the mail unexpectedly today. :nyanya: But yeah, all rubbing-it-in aside, this is a damn good album and hopefully some label will wise up soon and make this available at a reasonable price.

No, it's not a good time.

But seriously, if you MP3 it and want to sell it please sneak into my bed first and tell me about it beneath the covers. I really love this and need to own it.

In 2012 so far this CD reminds me of Crashdiet's 'Rest in sleaze' in style, while Peepshow has their 'Generation Wild' style covered. Can't wait to hear what Crashdiet themselves come up with this year to compete with these two gems.

This one has passed me by, but from the descriptions sounds like I will love this - will check out asap - cheers

You will, mate... you will. ;)

This and Peepshow (and BBABH) are probably my two favourites of the year so far. Though, like I said, haven't really "reviewed" much yet.

This one has passed me by, but from the descriptions sounds like I will love this - will check out asap - cheers

This and Peepshow (and BBABH) are probably my two favourites of the year so far. Though, like I said, haven't really "reviewed" much yet.

Heard it all the way through this morning, and yeah I like it. Need a few more spins though. Not feelin quite as much love as some others, and the vocalist is weak IMO, but yeah this could be a goodie.

Did someone say it was better than Dynazty tho??? Mmm not for me, I listened to them back to back this morning and Dynazty is stronger in EVERY department.....ESP production and vocals wise.

I think I prefer Crazy Lixx too.......

Heard it all the way through this morning, and yeah I like it. Need a few more spins though. Not feelin quite as much love as some others, and the vocalist is weak IMO, but yeah this could be a goodie.

Did someone say it was better than Dynazty tho??? Mmm not for me, I listened to them back to back this morning and Dynazty is stronger in EVERY department.....ESP production and vocals wise.

Its a way off the quality of HEAT too truth be told.

Im hoping that Crashdiet sweep these pretenders away later in the year

:-))

You don't reckon it's better than Dynazty? I'd definitely give it that. Hadn't noticed the vocalist yet, but I do plan to spin it many more times so I'll see what I think.

You don't reckon it's better than Dynazty? I'd definitely give it that. Hadn't noticed the vocalist yet, but I do plan to spin it many more times so I'll see what I think.

Thing is I love Dynazty....you know that. To me the Dynazty just sounds a million times better production wise and vocally. Even the solos blitz the Baby Jane IMO. Dont get me wrong this is a very good sleaze disc, in the Crashdiet vein, but I would have them on the second tier behind the big guns...further spins may elevate it further, but defintely an exciting band.