MyChildren MyBride: s/t review

This album will appeal to almost nobody here save for maybe Tim, but for what it's worth, my review of the new self-titled MyChildren MyBride album is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

MyChildren MyBride review

Pretty solid stuff if you like screaming, growling metalcore...but I can already hear most of you making gagging noises (though in Geoff's case, it's because he's got man-meat stuck in his throat).

This album will appeal to almost nobody here save for maybe Tim, but for what it's worth, my review of the new self-titled MyChildren MyBride album is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

MyChildren MyBride review

Pretty solid stuff if you like screaming, growling metalcore...but I can already hear most of you making gagging noises (though in Geoff's case, it's because he's got man-meat stuck in his throat).

I do like a good slice of devon every now and then.

Cool, have never heard of them so will check them out asap. Nice to see someone on the site actually giving a fair review to bands like this (unlike whichever clown reviewed Whitechapel's "Re-Corrupted"). Sure Metalcore is generic as it follows a fixed formula (which style of music doesn't?), and sure it's just a fad, but bands like Killswitch and As I Lay Dying out-sell the vast majority of melodic rock bands so someone likes it.

Cool, have never heard of them so will check them out asap. Nice to see someone on the site actually giving a fair review to bands like this (unlike whichever clown reviewed Whitechapel's "Re-Corrupted"). Sure Metalcore is generic as it follows a fixed formula (which style of music doesn't?), and sure it's just a fad, but bands like Killswitch and As I Lay Dying out-sell the vast majority of melodic rock bands so someone likes it.

Be very curious to know what you think once you check them out. As you know, I usually demand clean choruses in my "-core" metal, but I like this album despite the non-stop growls and screams. Don't expect Killswitch or AILD quality levels though...MyChildren MyBride are a little more standard-issue, though the beefy production certainly helps them sound pretty good.

Be very curious to know what you think once you check them out. As you know, I usually demand clean choruses in my "-core" metal, but I like this album despite the non-stop growls and screams. Don't expect Killswitch or AILD quality levels though...MyChildren MyBride are a little more standard-issue, though the beefy production certainly helps them sound pretty good.

Yeah I prefer clean choruses too, unless the songs are catchy enough with aggressive vocals (i.e, Parkway Drive/August Burns Red). My personal faves are the two extremes: bands with ultra-aggressive verses and sugary-sweet choruses (Asking Alexandria/Like Moths to Flames/Attack Attack!), but a top production is essential for this stuff to sound heavy...