Tyketto

Jeff

So this new Tyketto has come in at #11 in the UK Rock Album Charts!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rockalbums

Not sure what that means exactly or how many it sold but for a melodic rock band that never really sold that many albums and being on a small label to be on a album chart ahead of heavyweights like Maiden and Shinedown is pretty damn cool.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given it a few spins now. There appears to be too much acoustic guitar for me and not enough riffage!

But but but....I CAN"T HEAR ANY BASS GUITAR!!!

Is it my iTunes download that sucks or the production?

I was trying to put my finger on what was lacking! I put UFO's new one on straight after and wow...what a difference! UFO's is big punchy and warm.

Spot-on about the bass. This sounds thin. That said, even if it had a zillion-bucks big-production it still wouldn't be worth buying IMHO.

I've given it a few spins now. There appears to be too much acoustic guitar for me and not enough riffage!

But but but....I CAN"T HEAR ANY BASS GUITAR!!!

Is it my iTunes download that sucks or the production?

I was trying to put my finger on what was lacking! I put UFO's new one on straight after and wow...what a difference! UFO's is big punchy and warm.

Spot-on about the bass. This sounds thin. That said, even if it had a zillion-bucks big-production it still wouldn't be worth buying IMHO.

The songs are growing on me.

Really like this album. Much better than the new Trixter...

I like this one but love the Trixter.

This one is quite average at 65-70% but I found myself probably liking Trixter more at 70%-75%

This one is quite average at 65-70% but I found myself probably liking Trixter more at 70%-75%

with my spending being highly restricted this year both will be no goers for me :-(

with my spending being highly restricted this year both will be no goers for me :-(

yeah steer clear mate, you still have Vega, WET, and Eclipse to buy, rite ?

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I'll hear this one at all too.

I sure as hell won't buy it until I hear it and I've downloaded about 2 albums this year, plus is have below zero interest in this album... so I do wonder if I'll hear it before I see it for $2 in AOR Heaven sales in a few years. :(

I sure as hell won't buy it until I hear it and I've downloaded about 2 albums this year, plus is have below zero interest in this album... so I do wonder if I'll hear it before I see it for $2 in AOR Heaven sales in a few years. :(

I often wonder if we are all listening to the same album. This is a great album Geoff, feel free to buy it :)

I often wonder if we are all listening to the same album. This is a great album Geoff, feel free to buy it :)

Keeping in mind that I hate those Vaughn solo albums? This just really sounds like it won't be my thing. I still think the debut only has 4 worthwhile songs too...

I so want to like this one but I find it just plain boring. I cannot find the few killer stand out tracks that usually come with a Tyketto release. I will keep trying but I cannot even call this one a grower.

Keeping in mind that I hate those Vaughn solo albums? This just really sounds like it won't be my thing. I still think the debut only has 4 worthwhile songs too...

I don't think you'd like it much. In fact, I'm not sure you'd even want to download anything from it. Not that it's bad by any stretch of the imagination (it's better than Trixter :)), but just too many other good albums to buy.

I know I'm pretty much alone but I think this is just an excellent crafted Melodic Rock album with a slight touch of Americana meets Country. Sure it's not as good as what came before but it's been 20 years but I find these songs to get better with each spin and damn Danny can write lyrics and sing his ass off and Brooke plays some damn fine solos througout. "Faithless", "Battle Lines", "Fight Left In Me", "Sound Off", "Love to Love", Dig in Deep", "Let This One Slide" and "Evaporate" are excellent and the final ballad "This Is How We Say Goodbye" is just breath taking.

with a slight touch of Americana meets Country.

Jeez, cousin, you trying to make sure I never hear this in my lifetime?! ;)

I said a touch. To me if u add steel guitar I could here these songs on country radio but without its melodic rock with a Tyketto meets Vaughn sound.

I think if you don't like the Danny Vaughn solo sound then you won't find much you will enjoy on this Tyketto release either. I always say give it a try but that is my guess.

:lol: and you've spoken for me too on that one.