66 mustang

BB Steal

you know, I forgot about this band till I was flipping through my cd's today looking for something different to listen to and seen it. I use to love this thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QB_0vzPMKU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRNPR1okus&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsnoK2QC4c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hJMmS8--w

there was a second cd callled "Resurrection", I was able get my copy of a good friend named Glam Junkie.

From what i understand the 'upcoming' release is actually the 'resurrection' album after being re-mixed. Craig did say he took in everyones comments on the album (that it was too lite on), and he did say he was gonna re-mix it with a better rock sound. Apprently the guy that did it last time was chasing a commerical raido rock sound, as opposed to a rock band sound.

I actually got to spend a few mins in the studio when he was just casually playing around with mixes and he was putting much more power into the sound, bringing out the guitars and drums, etc. That was only a bit of playing around though, so not sure how it ever ended up.

Last i heard i think he was in discussions with the label that runs classic rock magazine. Not sure if this ever went ahead though.

Brilliant CD. By far one of the top 5 albums to ever come out of Australia, imho.

Brilliant CD. By far one of the top 5 albums to ever come out of Australia, imho.

You reckon it's up there with Rolf Harris and Craig McLachlan's albums? Seriously?

You reckon it's up there with Rolf Harris and Craig McLachlan's albums? Seriously?

And don't forget Indecent Obsession - my all time favourite Aussie band.

Indecent-Obsession-Say-Goodbye-24772.jpg

I'm assuming this was said in jest... the sad thing being that I actually dig their stuff even thought they lean towards the poppy side. They got very little airplay here in the states.

-Dan

I'm assuming this was said in jest... the sad thing being that I actually dig their stuff even thought they lean towards the poppy side. They got very little airplay here in the states.

-Dan

Don't ask Geoff what the music sounded like. He just had the wall poster.

-Dan

Don't ask Geoff what the music sounded like. He just had the wall poster.

Haha. Yeah, in my internet search yesterday I actually heard one of their songs and it sounded like the kind of 80's pop here I could imagine some doods digging. I can't really remember them well, but I do remember 'Say Goodbye' was catchy as hell. Silly 90's pop nonsense, but catchy.

I did have a lot of wall posters, but they all got covered in jizz to the point where I had to remove them all. :(

Haha. Yeah, in my internet search yesterday I actually heard one of their songs and it sounded like the kind of 80's pop here I could imagine some doods digging. I can't really remember them well, but I do remember 'Say Goodbye' was catchy as hell. Silly 90's pop nonsense, but catchy.

One of the first "boybands" actually. They predate The Backstreet Boys, and still had a bit of an '80s vibe. Given what followed, Indecent Obsession reallys should have been bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnli7xw1lZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-6nOYOQqsI

If it makes you happy, Dan, they were pretty massive in Australia at the time. I totally remember seeing them all over RAGE (Aussie music show) when we were kids.

I guess this is from the remixed 'Resurrection' cd...

I made 4 random picks from my collection this morning including BB Steal's debut. Man what a classic disc.Shame it was very evidentially a once off. That song there is okay-ish. At best...

I guess this is from the remixed 'Resurrection' cd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHwY4joU4uw

BORING!

For some reason I still have an autographed single of Heartbeat Away.

Been listening to this album recently.

A great disc (On The Edge)

They borrowed heavily from Def Lep Hysteria on many songs, particularly Precious Love.

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Been listening to this album recently.

A great disc (On The Edge)

They borrowed heavily from Def Lep Hysteria on many songs, particularly Precious Love.

I didn't know about them until 10 years after "On the Edge" was released.  They had minimal publicity in the U.S.  As you mentioned, good album, and worth checking out, especially for Def Lep fans.