H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First impression on this album, well it's still a great one as I expected, but probably too BON JOVI I guess (with a little bit BRYAN ADAMS feel), especially on the gang chant and some riffs, and somehow quite similar to the debut vibe, unlike the sophomore which I believe is kinda over-produced. Gronwall has nice vocal but I like Kenny slightly better, still I think he fits the role perfectly.

The first single, 'Living On The Run', is the best track along with 'In And Out of Trouble' (and maybe intended to also copy BON JOVI ? :D), the sax touch is awesome and it has beautiful solo too. Other awesome tracks are 'Falling Down', 'Better Off Alone', 'Need Her', and 'Heartbreaker'. 'It's All About Tonight' could be the weakest but it's still a good track.

Overall, the debut is still untouchable, but I still have mix feelings whether or not this is better than 'Freedom Rock', but there's a slight chance that this could be the weakest of the three, but it's still a solid 90% for me.

A monster album. Top notch from start to finnish. Good blend of rockers to some more melodic stuff. No fillers here. And with Lindell they have created a monster production which have been their problem in the past. For me this is as close as you come to 100 %. Hard to pick any songs since all of the are just great melodic stuff. AS much as I love Kenny's voice I think Erik Nails it.

For me this is their best so far, better than the debut IMO. I probably need to go back to Treat's comeback album a couple of years ago to be this impressed over a MR album.

Pure magic!!!!

:party421: :party421: :party421: :party421: :party421: :party421: :party421:

First impression on this album, well it's still a great one as I expected, but probably too BON JOVI I guess (with a little bit BRYAN ADAMS feel), especially on the gang chant and some riffs, and somehow quite similar to the debut vibe, unlike the sophomore which I believe is kinda over-produced. Gronwall has nice vocal but I like Kenny slightly better, still I think he fits the role perfectly.

The first single, 'Living On The Run', is the best track along with 'In And Out of Trouble' (and maybe intended to also copy BON JOVI ? :D), the sax touch is awesome and it has beautiful solo too. Other awesome tracks are 'Falling Down', 'Better Off Alone', 'Need Her', and 'Heartbreaker'. 'It's All About Tonight' could be the weakest but it's still a good track.

Overall, the debut is still untouchable, but I still have mix feelings whether or not this is better than 'Freedom Rock', but there's a slight chance that this could be the weakest of the three, but it's still a solid 90% for me.

It doesn't sound that much Bon Jovi IMO. Maybe the ballad. And where did you find the Bryan Adams vibe. The only song which I might get that vibe is the great closing song Downtown. i believe that adress the nation is harder with more edge than the debut. Is it this album or the debut you think is over-produced. It can't be the debut since that one IMO which sounds quite badly produce to these pair of half-deaf ears... Rock on mate

It doesn't sound that much Bon Jovi IMO. Maybe the ballad. And where did you find the Bryan Adams vibe. The only song which I might get that vibe is the great closing song Downtown. i believe that adress the nation is harder with more edge than the debut. Is it this album or the debut you think is over-produced. It can't be the debut since that one IMO which sounds quite badly produce to these pair of half-deaf ears... Rock on mate

This one sounds a little over-produced to me. I agree with the Jovi-style, this one is more americanised (mainly because of the vocals) and is nothing like the Scandi-AOR of stuff like Brother Firetribe. Frankly all three albums so far sound like three different bands, they manage to re-invent themselves with every album. The only consistent thing being the songwriting quality, which remains high. Along with Treat and BFT, H.E.A.T are waving the flag for melodic rock in the 21st century IMHO...

It's 'Freedom Rock' that I think is kinda over-produced and super-polished, the debut is quite raw and I love it. I probably had spun the debut thousand times so it's hard to compare it to this album while this is only a single spin so far, but we both agree that it's a kickin' ass album. Bryan Adams did venture to the AOR territory in his earlier years, I heard some vibe of him in this, or maybe because of Erik's vocal, not very sure, I might be wrong.

Harder than the debut, I agree, but better or not, it's still debatable. Agree also with Tim that all three sound kinda different. Since 'Freedom Rock', I think opinion has divided between which one is better, and with this one, I think fans will gather even more different opinions :)

I think this is a great cd! As a whole(in this early part of the year)is the best cd so far and no doubt to me is their best!

Ok, lets just get one thing clear.....this album sounds fuck all like Bryan Adams, but there is a Bon Jovi influence in a couple of the songs....thinking the ballad and Heartbreaker.

The good news is that this is a great album (almost without filler - still not sure about the last track) and that Gronwall sounds amazing to me - yeah I loved Kenny too, but dont miss him actually.

The 2 absolute killers on here are 'Better Off Alone' & 'Falling Down'.....wow, how good are they! 'Heartbreaker' and 'Need Her' are also nigh on 10/10 tracks as well. The rest are all good and overall this is EASILY going to break 90% for me.

If you are looking for a musical referral for 'Downtown' it is Magnum through and through for me.....a grower track for sure, with a very nice solo. A much more mature sounding track than the rest of the album and makes for a good end.

Realistically only WET and Vega have a chance to better this in 2012, although Dynazty and JSS arent too far behind truth be told.

Cheers

Ok, lets just get one thing clear.....this album sounds fuck all like Bryan Adams, but there is a Bon Jovi influence in a couple of the songs....thinking the ballad and Heartbreaker.

The good news is that this is a great album (almost without filler - still not sure about the last track) and that Gronwall sounds amazing to me - yeah I loved Kenny too, but dont miss him actually.

The 2 absolute killers on here are 'Better Off Alone' & 'Falling Down'.....wow, how good are they! 'Heartbreaker' and 'Need Her' are also nigh on 10/10 tracks as well. The rest are all good and overall this is EASILY going to break 90% for me.

If you are looking for a musical referral for 'Downtown' it is Magnum through and through for me.....a grower track for sure, with a very nice solo. A much more mature sounding track than the rest of the album and makes for a good end.

Realistically only WET and Vega have a chance to better this in 2012, although Dynazty and JSS arent too far behind truth be told.

Cheers

I do agree that JSS and the Dynazty are close benhind.

Cheers

Its going to be interesting rating these 3 over the next couple of weeks - going to damned close, but i think HEAT will edge it, just.

The JSS in particular is a spectacular return!

Cheers

Its going to be interesting rating these 3 over the next couple of weeks - going to damned close, but i think HEAT will edge it, just.

The JSS in particular is a spectacular return!

He hit the nail on the head with this one. I can't wait for the W.E.T.

Yep it's a good album, don't really care whether it sounds like anyone else.........

Sounds like HEAT to me ;-)

Not even a little bit like Bryan?

"You know it's true, everything I do - I do it for yoooooouuuuu....."

I've finally heard all the tracks. Simply a sick release. Probably the strongest of the bands 3 releases, although it does seem to be missing an all out killer track that makes me go freakin' go crazy like the first 2 releases did. 'Follow Me' off the debut and 'Everydody Wants To Be Someone' from Freedom Rock are two of the best songs off the past decade.

The production is much better than on Freedom Rock, which despite having some killer tracks was void of balls and the debut which was crunchier had a few fillers that kept it from being an all out classic. Address The Nation seems to have it all, good production, excellent vocals, players and as well as no obvious fillers, although I do believe the two 'weakest' tracks are the last two.

My biggest WTF? from the new one is the intro to the opener 'Breaking The Silence' the big 'HEY!' is WAY too much of a Bon Jovi 'Lay Your Hands On Me' rip off. They actually use it throughout the song, Bon Jovi could have grounds for a lawsuit.

My only complaint is that it only has 10 tracks. But I do prefer only getting 10 solid tracks rather than 10 solid tracks and 4 or 5 fillers.

I've finally heard all the tracks. Simply a sick release. Probably the strongest of the bands 3 releases, although it does seem to be missing an all out killer track that makes me go freakin' go crazy like the first 2 releases did. 'Follow Me' off the debut and 'Everydody Wants To Be Someone' from Freedom Rock are two of the best songs off the past decade.

The production is much better than on Freedom Rock, which despite having some killer tracks was void of balls and the debut which was crunchier had a few fillers that kept it from being an all out classic. Address The Nation seems to have it all, good production, excellent vocals, players and as well as no fillers, although I do believe the two 'weakest' tracks are the last two.

My biggest WTF? from the new one is the intro to the opener 'Breaking The Silence' the big 'HEY!' is WAY too much of a Bon Jovi 'Lay Your Hands On Me' rip off. They actually use it throughout the song, Bon Jovi could have grounds for a lawsuit.

My only complaint is that it only has 10 tracks. But I do prefer only getting 10 solid tracks rather than 10 solid tracks and 4 or 5 fillers.

Backed on all of that, 100%. Just wish it had a big stand-out tune, but frankly that's just being very picky given the quality of this thing.

The production is much better than on Freedom Rock, which despite having some killer tracks was void of balls and the debut which was crunchier had a few fillers that kept it from being an all out classic. Address The Nation seems to have it all, good production, excellent vocals, players and as well as no fillers, although I do believe the two 'weakest' tracks are the last two.

Backed on all of that, 100%. Just wish it had a big stand-out tune, but frankly that's just being very picky given the quality of this thing.

Err, what are 'Better Off Alone', 'Falling Down', 'Heartbreaker', 'Need Her'.....all nigh on 10/10 classics for me. God you 2 are being a bit harsh saying there's no stand-out tune???!

I doubt you will hear better songs all year??

Err, what are 'Better Off Alone', 'Falling Down', 'Heartbreaker', 'Need Her'.....all nigh on 10/10 classics for me. God you 2 are being a bit harsh saying there's no stand-out tune???!

I like all the above songs, and they might the best songs I hear all year, but 10/10?! No chance. The two previous albums were probably less consistent but had one big standout song on each. This one is more consistent but doesn't have a 10/10 song IMO.

I like all the above songs, and they might the best songs I hear all year, but 10/10?! No chance. The two previous albums were probably less consistent but had one big standout song on each. This one is more consistent but doesn't have a 10/10 song IMO.

10/10 tracks are rare as Hell, maybe 1 or 2, maybe 3 a year. Follow Me and Everyone Wants To Be Someone are the only 10/10 tracks from H.E.A.T., in my opinion of course. The new one will have plenty of 9's and 8's for sure, with no real crappy ones.

I haven't heard a 10/10 track so far this year, but plenty of 9/10's. The last year that failed to produce a 10/10 track was in 2007.

2008 had Wildest Dreams - Brother Firetribe and Follow Me - H.E.A.T.

2009 had Caroline - The Poodles and A Scene In Replay - Place Vendome

2010 had Chemical - Crashdiet and Everybody Wants To Be Someone - H.E.A.T.

2011 had Memories - The Magnificent, Never Love Again - Work Of Art and Crash My World from Lovex.

I haven't heard a 10/10 track so far this year, but plenty of 9/10's. The last year that failed to produce a 10/10 track was in 2007.

2008 had Wildest Dreams - Brother Firetribe and Follow Me - H.E.A.T.

2009 had Caroline - The Poodles and A Scene In Replay - Place Vendome

2010 had Chemical - Crashdiet and Everyone Wants To Be Someone - H.E.A.T.

2011 had Memories - The Magnificent, Never Love Again - Work Of Art and Crash My World from Lovex.

As usual I tend to agree with your pics. Plus I agree about "Follow Me" and "Everybody Wants to be Someone" being 10/10. I would add SHY - "Over You" and TOBY HITCHCOCK - "How to Stop", and remove stuff like The Poodles/Crashdiet (stuff I hate).