Heavy Harmonies "Best of 2011" awards posted!

heavyharmonies

my cd collection must suck.. i have hardly anything even mentioned on those lists.

my best would come out of this lot (in roughly this order):

midnite eve

frenchkiss

hollywood burnouts

scene d'cryme

prophets of addiction

reckless love

wreckless

sister

stains

vain

generation swine

de la cruz

santa cruz

virginia killstyxx

sandness

nasty habits

blackrain

s.h.o.t

bang tango

shotgun alley

kill appeal

seks

sunset riot

wrathchild

in vain

I don't think those bastards have a fucking clue what they're talking about... :lame:

Wait.... :unsure:

One've them is me... :anon:

I don't think those bastards have a fucking clue what they're talking about... :lame:

Wait.... :unsure:

One've them is me... :anon:

Ha! The way the web page was on my monitor I only could see the first sentence...I was like, damn, that is sorta harsh.

I guess Dan's list is closest to mine, but MORATTI better than THE MAGNIFICENT or WORK OF ART? Seriously?

Nice try, guys. Better luck next year. ;)

Nah, seriously, good stuff. Surprised all over the place by the choices, but I always love the summations at year end. Entertaining reading. Good stuff.

I'm going to have to listen to Whitesnake's Forevermore again. You guys gave it some very high marks and I didn't think it was anywhere close to Good To Be Bad after a couple spins.

I didn't have the cash to buy a lot of crap this year and I was also busy with a lot of other stuff, so when it came down to it, I chose from the stuff that stayed on my USB drive the most and what got played in the truck the most from that

I guess these lists are always gonna bring some debate but I can't believe Vain's Enough Rope only got one mention as an also ran, no honourable mention, and not in a top 10. Did the rant have anything to do with the opinions of this cd?

This CD is in my top 5 of the year. Love it!

I guess these lists are always gonna bring some debate but I can't believe Vain's Enough Rope only got one mention as an also ran, no honourable mention, and not in a top 10. Did the rant have anything to do with the opinions of this cd?

Agreed. I was a bit surprised by that as well.

Agreed. I was a bit surprised by that as well.

Ha ha I think Dan may have had a small run in with Mr Vain over some samples ;-)

I'll admit, after the fiasco with Mr. Vain regarding his album, I never listened to it again. I don't have time to waste on douchebags. There were FAR too many deserving albums in 2011 to waste time on his efforts.

Regarding Eden's Curse - Trinity, it's one I never had a chance to hear.

I actually regard the SHY disc a little higher, but otherwise some good lists here. I still haven't heard some of these CD's, so thanks for the heads-up ! :drink:

I'll admit, after the fiasco with Mr. Vain regarding his album, I never listened to it again. I don't have time to waste on douchebags. There were FAR too many deserving albums in 2011 to waste time on his efforts.

Was that who the rant was about? I remember when it happened but I couldn't recall who the artist was. That would explain things. And definitely tick me off as well. :anon:

Was that who the rant was about? I remember when it happened but I couldn't recall who the artist was. That would explain things. And definitely tick me off as well. :anon:

Davy Vain

I'm surprised that my favorite, Syndicate's self titled CD, didn't even make it as an Also Ran. How did you miss listening to that one?

Doesn't seem to be much information about that one anywhere online, so I'm not surprised at all that it has been missed. I find it surprising that new bands give themselves a one-word name and then release a self-titled debut CD - it makes them very difficult to find. Seems like a poor business model to me!

It's also inevitable that loads of albums will be missed; people just don't have time to listen to all the good CDs released in a year. My number one CD from 2011 is still Pallas - XXV, but I doubt any of the HH panel have heard it. th_shrug.gif

I'm surprised that my favorite, Syndicate's self titled CD, didn't even make it as an Also Ran. How did you miss listening to that one?

Doesn't seem to be much information about that one anywhere online, so I'm not surprised at all that it has been missed. I find it surprising that new bands give themselves a one-word name and then release a self-titled debut CD - it makes them very difficult to find. Seems like a poor business model to me!

It's also inevitable that loads of albums will be missed; people just don't have time to listen to all the good CDs released in a year. My number one CD from 2011 is still Pallas - XXV, but I doubt any of the HH panel have heard it. th_shrug.gif

If that's the Australian band Syndicate then it's not surprising it's not made bigger headlines. It's decent but very patchy and is about 10 songs too long.

You should try to hear 'Trinity'...its a great album imo.

If that's the Australian band Syndicate then it's not surprising it's not made bigger headlines. It's decent but very patchy and is about 10 songs too long.

I think it's a good album with a small handful of excellent songs. I do agree, though, that it's not overly solid from start to end. I thought most songs were pretty good, but they needed more of the killers like 'Shout,' 'Right in front of me,' 'Holding on,' 'All my life' and two at the end - 'Don't hate on me' and 'Bring it on.'

It was a good enough disc, but James is totally right. A real c*nt of an album to try and track down. I don't even know if was released in Australia either - I don't think so. And the self titled name makes it impossible to find an album that's already impossible to find. Shame, as it deserves to be noted to some degree.

I think it's a good album with a small handful of excellent songs. I do agree, though, that it's not overly solid from start to end. I thought most songs were pretty good, but they needed more of the killers like 'Shout,' 'Right in front of me,' 'Holding on,' 'All my life' and two at the end - 'Don't hate on me' and 'Bring it on.'

It was a good enough disc, but James is totally right. A real c*nt of an album to try and track down. I don't even know if was released in Australia either - I don't think so. And the self titled name makes it impossible to find an album that's already impossible to find. Shame, as it deserves to be noted to some degree.

Yeah, it's hard to find. I had to settle for a digital download from Amazon. I'd forgotten about how long it was since only 8 of the tracks made it onto my music player. If they'd taken out the filler, it would have been a solid album start to finish.

You should try to hear 'Trinity'...its a great album imo.

I really liked their first 2 releases and the songs stay on my player but just cannot get into anything off of Trinity. I have tried minimum 4 times to play it and it does not hold attention for me. Give me a song or 2 that is a must listen on this one and I will try again because I so badly want to like it.