Blessed By A Broken Heart: "Feel the Power" review

Like I said in the other thread, bad new and now that I know this guy from The Morning After is the replacement, that's worse news. I liked that band as they were too, but hate this dude's accent. I can't wait to hear the song, but I hope he doesn't bring that overly British style to BBABH. :(

Accent? Eh?

Don't worry it sounds exactly the same as before except without the growls - ill leave you to decide if that is a good or bad thing ;-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once they've changed all their band members give me a shout, I might be interested.

Like I said in the other thread, bad new and now that I know this guy from The Morning After is the replacement, that's worse news. I liked that band as they were too, but hate this dude's accent. I can't wait to hear the song, but I hope he doesn't bring that overly British style to BBABH. :(

Accent? Eh?

Don't worry it sounds exactly the same as before except without the growls - ill leave you to decide if that is a good or bad thing ;-)

I can't remember any song names, but yeah mate, there were some HUGE accent issues on the Morning After CD. Especially on a couple of songs towards the end. It's funny, there's usually no difference between US/English/Aussie vocals when it comes to singing accents, but I really noticed that dude on the Morning After CD at times. Not a good thing...

This is an improvement. Not the best band in the world but they keep getting better and that's a good thing!

• 4 months later...

Just dredging this thread up from the depths since I have this disc playing, as I start my "serious listening" and evaluation process for the Best of HH Awards.

I'd forgotten how catchy this one was... and the modern elements don't bother one bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of band members, I will be so disappointed if the new guy lessens the impact of the next CD by being unable to hide his accent. The more I listen to the Morning After CD, which is still very good, the more that grotesque accent grates on me. It's worse than one of those heavy Spanish accents to be honest. :lol: I wish the proper guy would just come back on vocals. Is it known why the dude left the band?

Speaking of band members, I will be so disappointed if the new guy lessens the impact of the next CD by being unable to hide his accent. The more I listen to the Morning After CD, which is still very good, the more that grotesque accent grates on me. It's worse than one of those heavy Spanish accents to be honest. :lol: I wish the proper guy would just come back on vocals. Is it known why the dude left the band?

yeah but if he is growling you wont hear the words let alone the accent ;-))

• My Little Pony

He left, 'cause he was spending too much time on the road away from his family.

Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's barely a growl at all by the time a new CD comes out. BTW, I read on wikipedia yesterday that the bass player is the only original member in the band still there today. Crazy. Kind of explains the dramatic change in styles, though.

The dude should just bring his family on the road with him so everyone else in the world is happy. ;)

Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's barely a growl at all by the time a new CD comes out. BTW, I read on wikipedia yesterday that the bass player is the only original member in the band still there today. Crazy. Kind of explains the dramatic change in styles, though.

The dude should just bring his family on the road with him so everyone else in the world is happy. ;)

Ha ha better call Tim, he must be getting interested ;-)

• My Little Pony

Ha ha better call Tim, he must be getting interested ;-)

I dunno. I don't think they sound bad enough for Tim to be interested just yet.