Which of these bands need to call it a day most?

Call It A Day Guys  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lillian Axe have not been worthwhile since Ron Taylor left, and will not be unless he returns. Which it doesn't look like he'll do, so this band really, really needs to end, sadly. :(

God I couldnt agreed more - and the new album sounds SHITE. My God, just SHITE.

I never thought this day would come, but I've had the opportunity to listen to this but I just have ZERO interest, I hate to say. I really just don't want to waste my time. The same dog's bitten me about 3 times now, isn't it? No more.

A disappointing thing I did read today was the Musicbuymail newsletter, which is usually pretty honest and trustworthy. But I saw some positive words directed towards this album and I must say I didn't believe one of them. :lol:

Lillian Axe have not been worthwhile since Ron Taylor left, and will not be unless he returns. Which it doesn't look like he'll do, so this band really, really needs to end, sadly. :(

I never thought this day would come, but I've had the opportunity to listen to this but I just have ZERO interest, I hate to say. I really just don't want to waste my time. The same dog's bitten me about 3 times now, isn't it? No more.

A disappointing thing I did read today was the Musicbuymail newsletter, which is usually pretty honest and trustworthy. But I saw some positive words directed towards this album and I must say I didn't believe one of them. :lol:

The thing I really hate is that Lillian Axe did call it a day a long time ago. Stevie Blaze and these guys have never really been Lillian Axe. 'Psychoschizophrenia' was the last CD a valid version of that band recorded. It's painful and offensive that Blaze keeps releasing these albums under the Lillian Axe name. It's a discredit to their discography and the greatness they released in the past. He should have kept the Near Life Experience project name for his recent work and let Lillian Axe die with dignity. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Queensryche, definitely ... nothing they've released since 'Empire' has really interested me ... Bon Jovi are waaaaaaaay past their 'sell by date', and - as much as I love Van Halen - I think that Eddie and the boys are flogging a dead horse ...

The thing I really hate is that Lillian Axe did call it a day a long time ago. Stevie Blaze and these guys have never really been Lillian Axe. 'Psychoschizophrenia' was the last CD a valid version of that band recorded. It's painful and offensive that Blaze keeps releasing these albums under the Lillian Axe name. It's a discredit to their discography and the greatness they released in the past. He should have kept the Near Life Experience project name for his recent work and let Lillian Axe die with dignity. :(

Some very good songs on the new Lillian Axe effort though. Doesn't sound like they did when they were great back in the day, but still a worthwhile contribution. Not sure that can be said for all of the others in this list.

Some very good songs on the new Lillian Axe effort though. Doesn't sound like they did when they were great back in the day, but still a worthwhile contribution. Not sure that can be said for all of the others in this list.

IMO the only band in the list still releasing credible music is Whitesnake, whose last 2 albums have been very good and very much in keeping with their classic sound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Fuck you shouldve just made it easier and axe which band should keep making music, VH and maybe Lillian Axe, everything else I checked off. they all fucking blow now.

Fuck you shouldve just made it easier and axe which band should keep making music, VH and maybe Lillian Axe, everything else I checked off. they all fucking blow now.

LOL

Kind of down to tastes though, isn't it? I would quite happily see the back of VH, but you still like them. Also Europe - I hate their new stuff, but others like it. I agree with what Glen says about Whitesnake - Dave is still releasing some good tunes.

We all seem to be agreed on Queensryche though... :D

AC/DC and Dokken are the only two on the list that I still listen to with any kind of regularity. So I guess other than those two, everyone on that list could fall into a black hole tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

That said...even though I love Dokken as much as the next guy, they've had more than their time in the sun. Time to put that old dog to sleep.

I hear their latest album.. Broken Bones?? Is also their last album..... SO I guess they are putting that old dog to sleep.....

• 2 months later...

I could do without hearing anything new from most of those bands, frankly. (Leppard jumped the shark long ago; same with Dokken) But Queensryche and Aerosmith top the list for me. The latest VH showed they've still got some gas in the tank. And since AC/DC have already been making the same album over-and-over again for 30+ years, we know what anything new from them will sound like, and fans haven't gotten bored with it yet.

• 1 month later...

"Whitesnake shouldn't be on that list IMO as their last two albums have been great." ---agreed.

I don't even consider bon jovi to be rock n roll, so they don't count.

'Black Ice" was strong from AC/DC, so they are safe.

Aerosmith is just terrible...but they haven't been that way for as long as Def Leppard, IMO.

So the once-mighty, now-embarrassing Def Leppard gets my vote. Just listen to "Saturday Night High n Dry" and then immediately play "Have you Ever Needed Someone So Bad", back to back to understand .

• My Little Pony

I went with Aerosmith, 'cause, well it's Aerosmith. Queensrÿche might actually put out a killer disc this year. I will always have hope for Def Leppard. Whitesnake? Seriously? Bon Jovi aren't making our type of music anymore, but they do make decent modern rock. Europe still gets a pass, as I loved "Last Look at Eden." The rest don't really offend me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sxdrums

I'm voting Dokken because of Don Dokken alone. He can't sing anymore at all. They have tuned down everything for him as far as they can and he STILL can't sing it.

Queensrÿche is finally reborn with Todd LaTorre! The rest of the band got rid of Geoff Tate because he was trying to control everything, including having his wife as a manager. He can't sing the old stuff either! I'm excited as hell for QR going forward.

• My Little Pony

I'm voting Dokken because of Don Dokken alone. He can't sing anymore at all. They have tuned down everything for him as far as they can and he STILL can't sing it.

Queensrÿche is finally reborn with Todd LaTorre! The rest of the band got rid of Geoff Tate because he was trying to control everything, including having his wife as a manager. He can't sing the old stuff either! I'm excited as hell for QR going forward.

You gotta see them. I just got back from the MOR Cruise, where they had two shows and killed both of them. They sound incredible. Todd is incredible.

• 4 months later...

Definitely Bon Jovi. I wish they would have quit 30 years ago.

Get thee to the Introductions Forum! ;)

Just kidding - hello and welcome! (And agree about Bon Jovi.)