L.A. Guns (the real one) signs with Cleopatra Records

Captain Howdy

L.A. Guns featuring Phil Lewis, Steve Riley, Stacey Blades and Scotty Griffin are pleased to announce the signing of their new record deal with Cleopatra Records. The band are currently in pre-production and expect to start tracking in early February with legendary producer, and old friend, Andy Johns (Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Cinderella,Van Halen and Chickenfoot, as well as the last three L.A. Guns albums). A CD and vinyl release, as well as bonus tracks available only on iTunes, is set for early summer. A nine-month World Tour following the release is also currently being put together.

Singer Phil Lewis is said to be thrilled to get back in the studio and finally get a chance to record once again with Andy. "We've been waiting a long time to get back in and record. Our last album, Tales From The Strip, was incredibly well-received and we're looking forward to putting out something even better! With today's uncertain musical landscape it's great to have a label like Cleopatra Records behind us. We've been friends with Brian Perera (Cleopatra Records owner and founder) for a long time, and are really looking forward to working together on this and many more projects with him in the future."

They need to get Tracii back, then I'd be excited.

They really dont. The last album was viewed by many as being their best since Hollywood Vampires, and that was with Stacey on guitar.

While I do rate Tracii highly as a guitarist, there is nothing Stacey cannot do to match him, and isnt a total cunt like Tracii.

They really dont. The last album was viewed by many as being their best since Hollywood Vampires, and that was with Stacey on guitar.

While I do rate Tracii highly as a guitarist, there is nothing Stacey cannot do to match him, and isnt a total cunt like Tracii.

I'm not saying they "need" Tracii back and I loved the last disc but think that Waking the Dead blows it away and even think Man in the Moon is just as good as Tales From the Strip but like I said I love that one too.

yeah and let's forgive and forget Tracii - he's on his impossible way to find a better replacement of Phil :D

Cleopatra Records still exists? :blink: You learn somethin' new every day.

they have been releasing stuff quite steadily over the years through either the cleopatra or deadline imprints.

the recent Bulletboys covers album and Autograph anthology are just two examples.

Hell, the last LA Guns covers album and their live album were both cleopatra releases

The first one was (Rips the covers off) was on Shrapnel. The second one (Covered in guns) from 2 years ago, was on Deadline/Cleopatra.

I was thinking of the first one as I had forgot all about the 2nd one.

My bad..............

No probs. I like both those covers albums, but I prefer Covered in guns just for the song choices.

That said, Wheels of steel on the first one is an absolutely killer cover.