Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

Glen

I see this one is down to around £16 inc postage on Amazon and eBay now. Still too much for me, but I do need to revisit some of the songs having just read glowing reviews of the album on sleazeroxx and rockeyez:

sleazeroxx review

rockeyez review

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fan of this band and to me the new album is pretty damned good - not quite up to the standard of the awesome 'Knock You Down' (which I rated 2nd best in 2011 - quite a feat!), but anyhoo after many listens I've dropped a big 89% on this one and here's how -

1. Come Alive - very good rocker, solid hook and great solo (8.75)

2. Raise You Hands - gotthard influenced medium paced rocker, awesome vocal (8.25)

3. Land Of Broken Dreams - perfect melodic hard rock, like a slightly harder rocking HEAT (10)

4. Falling - fine ballad which just falls short in the hook stakes..another great vocal though (8.50)

5. More Than A Man - bif chugging riff, melodic chorus and monster solo makes for another winner (8.75)

6. Love Junkie - killer melodic hard rock..reminds me of PC69 on their In10sity album plus one of the best solos ive heard this year (9.25)

7. The One To Blame - love that bass/riff combo in the verse! big anthemic chorus and killer solo..very nice (9.0)

8. Back Again - simple but perfectly executed ballad (9.25)

9. B'stards of R&R - all together now 'and we go woah'..lame lyrics but a great hook, and great musicianship (8.75)

10. Sultans Of Sin - monster rocker to end..doesnt re-invent the wheel, but the power of this song is immense (8.75)

Overall : 89%

Big fan of this band and to me the new album is pretty damned good - not quite up to the standard of the awesome 'Knock You Down' (which I rated 2nd best in 2011 - quite a feat!), but anyhoo after many listens I've dropped a big 89% on this one and here's how -

2. Raise You Hands - gotthard influenced medium paced rocker, awesome vocal (8.25)

3. Land Of Broken Dreams - perfect melodic hard rock, like a slightly harder rocking HEAT (10)

4. Falling - fine ballad which just falls short in the hook stakes..another great vocal though (8.50)

5. More Than A Man - bif chugging riff, melodic chorus and monster solo makes for another winner (8.75)

6. Love Junkie - killer melodic hard rock..reminds me of PC69 on their In10sity album plus one of the best solos ive heard this year (9.25)

7. The One To Blame - love that bass/riff combo in the verse! big anthemic chorus and killer solo..very nice (9.0)

9. B'stards of R&R - all together now 'and we go woah'..lame lyrics but a great hook, and great musicianship (8.75)

10. Sultans Of Sin - monster rocker to end..doesnt re-invent the wheel, but the power of this song is immense (8.75)

Yeah I thought their last album was a bit better too. HUGE production on this, and I love the vocalist. I just wish all the songs were like the most melodic numbers. "Land Of Broken Dreams" is the best song of 2012 so far IMO...

Yeah I thought their last album was a bit better too. HUGE production on this, and I love the vocalist. I just wish all the songs were like the most melodic numbers. "Land Of Broken Dreams" is the best song of 2012 so far IMO...

Wow, high score, Glen, but glad you like it.

I dropped a 77% on this one, with only a few songs really working for me. I agree that the last album was better.

Big accolades for 'Land of broken dreams' by the T-scallop. Good song to me, but not up with my absolute faves of the year personally. Maybe for the lyrical aspect alone.

I dropped a 77% on this one, with only a few songs really working for me. I agree that the last album was better.

Big accolades for 'Land of broken dreams' by the T-scallop. Good song to me, but not up with my absolute faves of the year personally. Maybe for the lyrical aspect alone.

that song is a 10 for me, but there are better 10s if that makes sense?? probably not....just being a bit more liberal with my 10s this year....it if a song cant be improved its a 10..there have been a few so far. also going much further down the scale as well on the poorer songs...its just that ive only summarised 4 great albums so far :D

that song is a 10 for me, but there are better 10s if that makes sense?? probably not....just being a bit more liberal with my 10s this year....it if a song cant be improved its a 10..there have been a few so far. also going much further down the scale as well on the poorer songs...its just that ive only summarised 4 great albums so far :D

Yeah, I get the 10 score for this song. Great melodic rock song and the only reason I didn't rate it more than a 9.25 is because it didn''t make the lyrical connection with me. It's perfect in every other aspect but I don't really give a shit about a land of broken dreams. ;):lol: I've also handed out a few 10s this year, but for me the best song of the year so far is probably 'Never stop' by Safetysuit. Sure, I'm a massive soft cock but that song completely slays me. Chills every time without fail.

I've also handed out a few 10s this year, but for me the best song of the year so far is probably 'Never stop' by Safetysuit. Sure, I'm a massive soft cock but that song completely slays me. Chills every time without fail.

Nice choice, love that one. Though "Staring At It" (for lyrical content also) edges-it as my fave....

I've also handed out a few 10s this year, but for me the best song of the year so far is probably 'Never stop' by Safetysuit. Sure, I'm a massive soft cock but that song completely slays me. Chills every time without fail.

Nice choice, love that one. Though "Staring At It" (for lyrical content also) edges-it as my fave....

Oh goodness, I love that one too. Another huge fave of mine also. I particularly love the 'when you see an exit you'll be headed at it' line in the chorus. Stunning tune.

This disc may have lost momentum with some, but it probably gets even better for me with each spin. I love songs that actually sound like they mean something to someone. :)

No this disc - Safetysuit - may make a big revival with me. Got halfway through it this morning & forgot just how good it was. BBABH is under the microscope tonight tho :-)

This disc may have lost momentum with some, but it probably gets even better for me with each spin. I love songs that actually sound like they mean something to someone. :)

I think the issue with it (Safetsuit) was that there was a whole mid-section of songs that are awesome. But some of the tunes at the beginning and end aren't quite as good. The title-track is another epic, with great lyrics and a strong message...

Yeah, I get the 10 score for this song. Great melodic rock song and the only reason I didn't rate it more than a 9.25 is because it didn''t make the lyrical connection with me. It's perfect in every other aspect but I don't really give a shit about a land of broken dreams. ;):lol: I've also handed out a few 10s this year, but for me the best song of the year so far is probably 'Never stop' by Safetysuit. Sure, I'm a massive soft cock but that song completely slays me. Chills every time without fail.

Not getting the love for 'Land Of Broken Dreams', sounds quite average to me. The only song that is really rocking my world on this one is 'Love Junkie'; killer tune!

Not getting the love for 'Land Of Broken Dreams', sounds quite average to me. The only song that is really rocking my world on this one is 'Love Junkie'; killer tune!

Love Junkie is my fav too but I really like them all.

Count me in as a big fan of Junkie too! what a great song

Interesting, that song is what I would play to someone if they asked me what a filler-track is.

Interesting, that song is what I would play to someone if they asked me what a filler-track is.

weirdo ;)

weirdo ;)

I can't argue against that! I just like the melodic songs. They should make an AOR album. :)

weirdo ;)

I can't argue against that! I just like the melodic songs. They should make an AOR album. :)

i find that chorus highly melodic!

weirdo ;)

i find that chorus highly melodic!

Me too. Great tune, but not heavy. Will be on my 'to download' list for certain.

'Love junkie' is a pretty good tune. Only issue with the song is actually the song title part of the chorus itself... the rest is pretty damn sweet.

I think the issue with it (Safetsuit) was that there was a whole mid-section of songs that are awesome. But some of the tunes at the beginning and end aren't quite as good. The title-track is another epic, with great lyrics and a strong message...

Totally agree about the title track. Those 3 songs from 4-6 are near perfect. I like the start of the disc plenty but I agree the last 2 songs are not quite up to the standard of the rest of the disc. I really like both songs, but they're definitely probably what keeps this from being a 90+ CD for me.

'Love junkie' is a pretty good tune. Only issue with the song is actually the song title part of the chorus itself... the rest is pretty damn sweet.

Totally agree about the title track. Those 3 songs from 4-6 are near perfect. I like the start of the disc plenty but I agree the last 2 songs are not quite up to the standard of the rest of the disc. I really like both songs, but they're definitely probably what keeps this from being a 90+ CD for me.

We're really going off-topic with this shit. What's the weather like over there today anyway? :)

Yeah, I get the 10 score for this song. Great melodic rock song and the only reason I didn't rate it more than a 9.25 is because it didn''t make the lyrical connection with me. It's perfect in every other aspect but I don't really give a shit about a land of broken dreams. wink.gif:lol: I've also handed out a few 10s this year, but for me the best song of the year so far is probably 'Never stop' by Safetysuit. Sure, I'm a massive soft cock but that song completely slays me. Chills every time without fail.

You really need to stay off the drugs. :whistle:

This disc may have lost momentum with some, but it probably gets even better for me with each spin. I love songs that actually sound like they mean something to someone. smile.gif

We're really going off-topic with this shit. What's the weather like over there today anyway? smile.gif

Cold and shit - I hate winter.

Someone should revive the Safetysuit thread... though we're pretty much said it all here, so why bother? :lol:

Hot here in London and I f*ckin' hate it. Wanna swap locations til, say, October?

Hot here in London and I f*ckin' hate it. Wanna swap locations til, say, October?

Oh mate, how this amplifies what a freak you are! :lol: Ladiez, music and now weather. You're 0 from 3. I seriously cannot fathom people who think it's fun or nice to be f*cking cold. It is the most miserable feeling on earth. It's a true c*nt of a season and as I've said a billion times, if I had the money I would NEVER experience winter or cold ever again in my life. HATE it.