Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

Glen

Haven't heard the debut, but this is definitely better than the last album. I tend to agree with Geoff and others here, they're a very good band with solid songs, but I wouldn't put them in the same league as Crazy Lixx or Crashdïet. That's just my opinion though, and truthfully this is not my fave genre to begin with as I'm more of an AOR guy. Anyway, very good album and I would probably rate it at about 80%.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a small preview of "MADNESS".

Still don't get those that say theres "filler" on this album. Would love to know which tracks. Perhaps those people want an entire album with the same beat in 4/4 time.

Van Halens "Hot For Teacher" meets Roxy Blues "Rob The Cradle"!

http://www.themetalmadman.com/MADNESS.mp3

Wow, so there may not be a filler on the CD, but there sure is a filler on amongst the bonus tracks by the sounds of that.

Listen, there are no weak tracks on here. I finally got to listen to this thing the right way in my truck with my sub & system and wow....just...wow. This is by far their best moment and they are leaps & bounds better than ever. The sonic boom of the production is miles head of their other two releases. The guitarist is a madman and the songs are catchy as hell. I'm going on record to say that I believe 10 years from now people will look at this album the way people look at Shout at the Devil, Holy Diver & Hysteria. While times might be different, the music speaks for itself. This is what will eventually be a CLASSIC.

Haven't heard the debut, but this is definitely better than the last album. I tend to agree with Geoff and others here, they're a very good band with solid songs, but I wouldn't put them in the same league as Crazy Lixx or Crashdïet. That's just my opinion though, and truthfully this is not my fave genre to begin with as I'm more of an AOR guy. Anyway, very good album and I would probably rate it at about 80%.

I have both Crazy Lixx albums & all three CrashDiet albums and the new Dynazty is better than all five.

I have both Crazy Lixx albums & all three CrashDiet albums and the new Dynazty is better than all five.

Wow that is a huge statement!

While I agree it's a great disc and Dynazty's best so far but I wouldn't say it was better than Crashdiet. Maybe right there with Crazy Lixx but not better than the last Crashdiet or Rest in Sleaze for that matter but I hold those two in pretty high regard.

While I agree it's a great disc and Dynazty's best so far but I wouldn't say it was better than Crashdiet. Maybe right there with Crazy Lixx but not better than the last Crashdiet or Rest in Sleaze for that matter but I hold those two in pretty high regard.

I do as well but there is filler on both. None to be found on the Dynazty.

Wow, I do like this disc, but imo it's probably on par with 'The Unattractive Revolution' and about 100 miles from 'Generation Wild,' 'New Religion' and 'Rest in Sleaze.' Plus I prefer Crazy Lixx's debut significantly.

Sorry mate, the genre has no doubt spat out a handful of future classics for the scene in the last few years but I truly doubt this will be one for most punters. ;)

Wow, I do like this disc, but imo it's probably on par with 'The Unattractive Revolution' and about 100 miles from 'Generation Wild,' 'New Religion' and 'Rest in Sleaze.' Plus I prefer Crazy Lixx's debut significantly.

Sorry mate, the genre has no doubt spat out a handful of future classics for the scene in the last few years but I truly doubt this will be one for most punters. ;)

Ok, whilst I agree that the new Dynazty is maybe not quite as good as 'Generation Wild', it is damned close, and to say it is '100 miles' from it is just plain wrong. Sorry mate.

This album is pretty killer, but then the last one was too if you had the right version ;-))

Listen, there are no weak tracks on here. I finally got to listen to this thing the right way in my truck with my sub & system and wow....just...wow. This is by far their best moment and they are leaps & bounds better than ever. The sonic boom of the production is miles head of their other two releases. The guitarist is a madman and the songs are catchy as hell. I'm going on record to say that I believe 10 years from now people will look at this album the way people look at Shout at the Devil, Holy Diver & Hysteria. While times might be different, the music speaks for itself. This is what will eventually be a CLASSIC.

EXACTLY. Not only are the songs brilliantly written but the album SONICALLY sounds insane. Maybe some listen through crap stereo systems but when you listen to this properly it sounds incredible. On top of that the lyrics, the melodies, is just off the hook!

I totally agree that this will become a CLASSIC. the band is just now starting to break out....getting on tours with bands like AMARANTHE, and SABATON who are huge in Europe. This will gain them a ton of new attention.

EXACTLY. Not only are the songs brilliantly written but the album SONICALLY sounds insane. Maybe some listen through crap stereo systems but when you listen to this properly it sounds incredible. On top of that the lyrics, the melodies, is just off the hook!

I totally agree that this will become a CLASSIC. the band is just now starting to break out....getting on tours with bands like AMARANTHE, and SABATON who are huge in Europe. This will gain them a ton of new attention.

You guys are entertaining if nothing else. Using words like classic to describe this cliched hook-less drivel. I live in Europe and I've never heard of those "huge" bands. Perhaps you're right about them getting some new attention. But, having heard them I can assure you that it won't be good attention. They're not going to be Steel Panther or Reckless Love, that's for damn sure. They simply aren't good enough. It's not your stereo that's the problem, it's all that wax in your ears.

You guys are entertaining if nothing else. Using words like classic to describe this cliched hook-less drivel. I live in Europe and I've never heard of those "huge" bands. Perhaps you're right about then getting some new attention. But, having heard them I can assure you that it won't be good attention. They're not going to be Steel Panther or Reckless Love, that's for damn sure. They simply aren't good enough. It's not your stereo that's the problem, it's all that wax in your ears.

WRONG WRONG WRONG mate. sorry.

First of all we dont live in Europe we live in the bloody UK. Get used to it. Those bands are pretty big on the 'continent' so props to the band for scoring in those areas.

Also to say this album is hook-less? Are you insane? Every song has a huge hook, and ive got no wax in my ears.

Lastly, from what ive heard this is a GREAT live band with a killer singer, who can actually sing live....dont get me started on all the non-performers ive seen over the last few years, so called 'greats'...bands and singers who just cant back it up in the live arena.

You guys are entertaining if nothing else. Using words like classic to describe this cliched hook-less drivel. I live in Europe and I've never heard of those "huge" bands. Perhaps you're right about then getting some new attention. But, having heard them I can assure you that it won't be good attention. They're not going to be Steel Panther or Reckless Love, that's for damn sure. They simply aren't good enough. It's not your stereo that's the problem, it's all that wax in your ears.

First of all we dont live in Europe we live in the bloody UK. Get used to it. Those bands are pretty big on the 'continent' so props to the band for scoring in those areas.

Also to say this album is hook-less? Are you insane? Every song has a huge hook, and ive got no wax in my ears.

Lastly, from what ive heard this is a GREAT live band with a killer singer, who can actually sing live....dont get me started on all the non-performers ive seen over the last few years, so called 'greats'...bands and singers who just cant back it up in the live arena.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he is listening to either. You sure you have the right album in? Very harsh comments...

I live in Europe and I've never heard of those "huge" bands.

On a side note you should check out their last album - you would probably love it. Just saying...........

On a side note you should check out their last album - you would probably love it. Just saying...........

Amaranthe that is.........

Yeah, I'm not sure what he is listening to either. You sure you have the right album in? Very harsh comments...

I like the melodic stuff but find the rest so generic. I honestly don't care if they're good live or not, I just wish they'd write more of the melodic stuff as the rest has been done a zillion times before IMO.

Amaranthe that is.........

Will do. They don't sound like Dynazty do they? :)

• 1 month later...

Got this CD from NEH, but the jewel case was different looking. Any one else get a weird case with theirs?

Yep! Unfortunately mine came with a small crack on the back, try replacing that one. It's the second cd I get in this type of case, the other was Clash Of The Elements (I believe, I forgot the name of it) from The Poodles.

Cool case, but the inserts are made so different that if the case ever breaks it's gonna suck. I'm extra careful with those 2 discs.

• My Little Pony

Got this CD from NEH, but the jewel case was different looking. Any one else get a weird case with theirs?

Yep! Unfortunately mine came with a small crack on the back, try replacing that one. It's the second cd I get in this type of case, the other was Clash Of The Elements (I believe, I forgot the name of it) from The Poodles.

Cool case, but the inserts are made so different that if the case ever breaks it's gonna suck. I'm extra careful with those 2 discs.

My "Clash of the Elements" is digi pak.

hi mate, i'm curious with how the jewel case like. can you upload some photos ?

i'm still lookin for a better price but looks like $20 could be the minimum here :(

My "Clash of the Elements" is digi pak.

My clash disk is the strange shaped jewel case and the same style of the second Crashdiet release.

hi mate, i'm curious with how the jewel case like. can you upload some photos ?

i'm still lookin for a better price but looks like $20 could be the minimum here :(

It's called the super jewel box. I don't find 'super' in any way. Especially when 99.9% of plastic jewel cases are interchangable, however if this one breaks, I'm not sure where to go to find a replacement.

super_jewel_case_standard_transparent_1000.jpg

superjewelboxcd.jpg

Ah I got several CDs with that jewel case and I think that's kinda lame because they cut off the back cover to shape just like the case, and as far as I know, there's no local store that sell jewel cases like that, darn!

Archived