Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

Glen

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New album is streaming on classic rock website.

Not sure what to make of it....such a departure from the sound I loved on the last 2 albums. This is proper melodic metal now with those galloping riffs & odd song themes.

Its well played but im having a problem finding any connection with the songs.

Shame.

Not sure what to make of it....such a departure from the sound I loved on the last 2 albums. This is proper melodic metal now with those galloping riffs & odd song themes.

Shame.

Yeah that's what I think of the early snippet month ago. Looks like gonna be an average album but let's hear the full product first

Shame.

Yeah that's what I think of the early snippet month ago. Looks like gonna be an average album but let's hear the full product first

I did listen to the whole album - its all like the single.

Maybe it will grow, but it was all a bit frantic with odd song themes.

Nothing like Sultans..........

Shame.

The album can be heard here as well: https://soundcloud.com/spinefarmrecords/sets/dynazty-renatus

For me, what a waste! The Sultans Of Sin direction was awesome.

Okay, so one full spin and I'm gonna say I'm disappointed with this direction. Going heavier is okay but this is too much for them I guess. I'm lovin them to stay in hard rock with couple of three songs going in the heavy metal direction is okay. I can hear what Glen say frantic verse, yeah and all of the songs have a very similar structure in verse which kinda annoyed me and it's sad because most of them has wonderful choruses, and also melodic. I guess it won't hurt if they also include at least one ballad to alter the mood of this album otherwise it's getting too samey.

I won't say it's their weakest effort because of those big choruses, probably around 77% from me and might go up to 80%, not sure though. Hope they change their mind and switch back to Sultans style *sigh*

I agree 100% with you Nightrain. Not bad for what it is,but if I want to listen to this style I will listen to bands that do this style for a living.

Never said I wasn't crazy! but I like what I like . lol

• My Little Pony

Never said I wasn't crazy! but I like what I like . lol

Good answer. I haven't heard this, but I often feel the same.

Shame.

Pretty good description in a nutshell there. The lyrics and subject matters on this bored the living shit out of me and at first the heavy riffage was pretty awesome, but by song 3 or 4 it's like, "uh, okay, so, uh, we're doing this again, are we?'

I'll be honest, I didn't even bother playing the whole album through on my first spin, I just lost interest. I'll listen to it a couple of times one day, throw a rating on it and probably never think about it again. Shame, because although I'm not as wild as you guys about this band, the debut and 'Knock you down' showed a lot of promise. The last one was pretty good, but this one just really bored me. :(