Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

Glen

Last years album from Dynazty 'Knock You Down', was nothing short of awesome and made No 2 on my top album list.

Now they are ready to roll with album number three............lets hope its even better!

Track listing -

Tracklist:

1. Come Alive

2. Raise Your Hands

3. Land of Broken Dreams

4. Falling

5. More Than a Man

6. Love Junkie

7. The One to Blame

8. Back Again

9. Bastards of Rock & Roll

10. Sultans of Sin

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8883212&l=781b141194&id=335151041503

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a good, solid band for sure, but I really can't see why people rate them that highly. The debut 'Bring The Thunder' was weak and whilst 'Knock You Down' was good in places, it wasn't anything outstanding in my eyes. I'm sure they have a great album in them, but we haven't seen it so far imo of course.

Bring The Thunder was killer pretty much front to back IMO and while Knock You Down had better production and polish I'm not sure I could rate it better than Bring The Thunder.

I think the quality of their music is proven in the fact they are moving on to their third album, they have been part of major festivals.

Bring The Thunder was killer pretty much front to back IMO and while Knock You Down had better production and polish I'm not sure I could rate it better than Bring The Thunder.

I think the quality of their music is proven in the fact they are moving on to their third album, they have been part of major festivals.

I agree. I love the debut but the last one I haven't played much. I can't even give it away on Ebay...okay, I could give it away but I wont! :)

I agree. I love the debut but the last one I haven't played much. I can't even give it away on Ebay...okay, I could give it away but I wont! :)

I thought "Bring the Thunder" was OK but nothing special, but I really like "Knock You Down." Speaking of which...Jarred, if you're looking for somewhere to dump your copy...well, let's just say I sent you an email. ;)

I like this band, but to me they really are not anything special. I do like 2nd cd over the debut. As far as some people calling them the new Skid Row, I don't get it. They sound nothing like them, and to compare their cds with that of the 2 first Skid Row cds, NOT even close!

'Bring The Thunder' was an 80% for me, but 'Knock You Down' push the limit to 90%, well let's see how well they'll get with the new one, though I doubt they can go beyond 90% for me, it's just too fast for album #3 with only a year gap, not to mention a weird choice of album title.

The reason why this band always got compared to SKID ROW well maybe because SKID ROW is their main influence, and there's a same line that you can draw between these two bands but not identical to the point that they're a mere copycat (which is a good thing, they have their own identity), not to mention Nils' vocal has that Bach-screaming style and to compare them to their teacher directly isn't fair, they're still a young band and SKID ROW was around 20 years ago. It's like comparing any heavy metal band directly to BLACK SABBATH or LED ZEPPELIN, too many bands were influenced by them, but which one is better, the old or the young, is always entitled to subjective opinion. Older folks may no doubt will pick the legends, but younger folks might not.

My bet is everyone is listening to the jap version which almost sounds like a demo in comparison to the euro version which is near impossible to find.

Amazing record IMO - one of my most played albums of 2011.

They are a good, solid band for sure, but I really can't see why people rate them that highly. The debut 'Bring The Thunder' was weak and whilst 'Knock You Down' was good in places, it wasn't anything outstanding in my eyes. I'm sure they have a great album in them, but we haven't seen it so far imo of course.

Backed 100 %. Just a few good songs IMO. They are in the Swedish qualifications for the Eurovision Song Contest with Land of Broken Dreams. This is the contest where Poodles and Heat made it big time in Sweden...

I really like the debut but felt the follow up was better from what I heard but unfortunately I could never find it for a reasonable price. I'm not sure why Perris had the debut for $10 but Knock You Down was so hard to find for less than $25 and didn't even get a US release. I'll buy the new one if I can find it!

DYNAZTY and BLACKRAIN are two European bands that were struggling with the distribution link, and looks like the band has no access for worldwide distribution from the label, and I'm afraid this third one is quite hard to get hold on to as soon as it's out, that's just sad, but hopefully i'm wrong.

I like these guys just fine but also agree they're a little over-rated. I also prefer the debut, but appreciate what Glen is saying because no matter how many copies of this I've heard, I always seem to end up with the shit copy. I'd love to buy, of course, or even hear the Jap version which apparently sounds so good because the version of 'Knock you down' I have is terribly produced and pales viciously in comparison to the debut.

All aside, I am looking forward to the new CD, and hoping it's a single version, well produced and easily available.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Euro version of Knock You Down and this sucker is great and I don't hear any issues with the sound.

In fact sound wise it was one of the best discs I heard in 2011 - sounds awesome - huge production.

I just got the Euro version of Knock You Down and this sucker is great and I don't hear any issues with the sound.

In fact sound wise it was one of the best discs I heard in 2011 - sounds awesome - huge production.

So it's the Euro version that has the good sound? I thought it was meant to be the Jap? :lol: I'm hoping to get it here when it's back in stock. Is there a better price anyone knows of anywhere? If it sounds as shit as literally, the 5 different versions of this I downloaded, just trying to find one that didn't sound like shit... I will not be happy. ;)

So it's the Euro version that has the good sound? I thought it was meant to be the Jap? :lol: I'm hoping to get it here when it's back in stock. Is there a better price anyone knows of anywhere? If it sounds as shit as literally, the 5 different versions of this I downloaded, just trying to find one that didn't sound like shit... I will not be happy. ;)

euro version from musicbuymail works out cheaper, especially if you chose the non-EU (ie tax free) option Geoff that us aussies can geoff. I was gonna order from there soon seeing the aussie dollar is about 0.81 euro at the moment. should work out to about $16.

euro version from musicbuymail works out cheaper, especially if you chose the non-EU (ie tax free) option Geoff that us aussies can geoff. I was gonna order from there soon seeing the aussie dollar is about 0.81 euro at the moment. should work out to about $16.

Cool. Thanks for the tip... I will check that out fur sure.

As far as I am aware virtually every download link was to the Jap version (ie with 'One in A Million' / 'Stand As One' bonus tracks).

To me the sound of this version is very 'basic' - with hardly any instrumentation 'fill out'....almost sounds like a very good demo.

On the Euro version the song structures are different, the vocals are much better, and there are little extras which add a touch. For me the sound is pretty huge....especially the bass line which is killer - not sure what floats your boat and often you have issues with drum sound which to me sound fine, but hey ho.

Great album imo, and cant wait for the newie to hit.

As far as I am aware virtually every download link was to the Jap version (ie with 'One in A Million' / 'Stand As One' bonus tracks).

To me the sound of this version is very 'basic' - with hardly any instrumentation 'fill out'....almost sounds like a very good demo.

On the Euro version the song structures are different, the vocals are much better, and there are little extras which add a touch. For me the sound is pretty huge....especially the bass line which is killer - not sure what floats your boat and often you have issues with drum sound which to me sound fine, but hey ho.

Fyi, kind of celebrated getting a new job (well, temp role at the moment) with a completely unreasonable CD purchase from Musicbuymail yesterday. And this purchase includes the Dynazty CD (thanks Lindsay for the heads up!) as well as hard copies of Alfonzetti and Fate. So I'm really looking forward to this package, sincerely hoping the Dynazty CD blows my mind. Glad to see it has about 3 songs not of the version/s I've heard.

Fyi, kind of celebrated getting a new job (well, temp role at the moment) with a completely unreasonable CD purchase from Musicbuymail yesterday. And this purchase includes the Dynazty CD (thanks Lindsay for the heads up!) as well as hard copies of Alfonzetti and Fate. So I'm really looking forward to this package, sincerely hoping the Dynazty CD blows my mind. Glad to see it has about 3 songs not of the version/s I've heard.

yeah, although Im not the biggest fan of that Fate album, its pretty good, with the other 2 being excellent, so cool purchase. Also nice re the job.................. :tumbsup:

yeah, although Im not the biggest fan of that Fate album, its pretty good, with the other 2 being excellent, so cool purchase. Also nice re the job.................. :tumbsup:

Thanks mate. Pretty happy if this job thing works out into a full-time role this quick... would really help to lighten the blow. And yeah, the Fate album is not perfect at all, but I did really enjoy it and it's a definite keeper, imo. Good hard rock CD that reminds me a little of latter day Jaded Heart. Not the Fate of old, but still good stuff.

Great job of finding a new job very fast, so I see you're back into business of turning some cash into CDs again :D

and btw, to spark your interest, don't forget to check on AOR Heaven, they have lots of discounted CDs on 'Special', some very cheap prices and also the shipment cost is totally low without jewel cases. I just nailed 10 CDs the other day and all of em arrived yesterday :D

Nice one Geoff!

Liked the last Dynazty CD, hope this one is as good and not prohibitively priced like the last one.