Tango Down....the NEW Look....Tell us what you think ;-)

KIVELRECORDS

Got the two posters today John. All I can say is KICKASS! Now I just need to find a place to hang them. Thanks again bud! :beerbang:

If you got yours today it will probably be at least two more days before mine shows up since I'm on the pony express here.

Got the two posters today John. All I can say is KICKASS! Now I just need to find a place to hang them. Thanks again bud! :beerbang:

COOL RICK!! Glad they showed. Hopefully the post office delivered them with care and they are in pristine condition :-) BTW....did you notice the address label and the shout out to M.M. ;-) lol

Post a pic of yourself once you hang the posters.

JK

I received mine too John! Arrived safely. Nice posters (the band and the cd cover)! Nice thick paper on these too! They will go in my Guy Town Basement!

Thanks John! :headbanger:

~Chad

COOL RICK!! Glad they showed. Hopefully the post office delivered them with care and they are in pristine condition :-) BTW....did you notice the address label and the shout out to M.M. ;-) lol

JK

I did notice the label! :lol:

They arrived in great condition. Gonna look good hanging somewhere in the house.

JK

They arrived in great condition. Gonna look good hanging somewhere in the house.

LOL.....Were people asking why you were in the mafia? lol.

JK

I received mine too John! Arrived safely. Nice posters (the band and the cd cover)! Nice thick paper on these too! They will go in my Guy Town Basement!

Thanks John! :headbanger:

~Chad

AWESOME!! Post a pic guys of you next to them once you have them hung up. Im sure the guys in the band will dig seeing that.

JK

JK

No but the mail lady came into the office after she had already dropped the mail off and had the parcel in her hand. She asked if I knew who the person was and I told her it was me. She gave me a funny look and handed it to me. I'm not sure but I might now be on some sort of government watch list. ;)

JK

JK

No but the mail lady came into the office after she had already dropped the mail off and had the parcel in her hand. She asked if I knew who the person was and I told her it was me. She gave me a funny look and handed it to me. I'm not sure but I might now be on some sort of government watch list. ;)

LMAO....!

JK

JK

Got mine today. Thanks!

I also got a laugh out of the Melodic Mafia shoutout on the label. :headbanger:

JK

JK

Got mine today. Thanks!

I also got a laugh out of the Melodic Mafia shoutout on the label. :headbanger:

Lol.....cool!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Thought id swing by and give everyone the latest 411 from TANGO DOWN.

A song by song break down from Tango Down guitarist Scott Miller. Enjoy the read!

EXCLUSIVE HERE FIRST BEFORE ANYWHERE ELSE ON HEAVY HARMONIES!!

TANGO DOWN "Identity Crisis"

1. CRYING TO ME: I wrote this one with Jamie Rowe a few years ago. It's a song I'm very proud of. In one word.... A badassfuckingheavyrock in your face tune.This is 1 of 2 of my fave tracks on the album.I can't wait to play this one live! Without a doubt the heavest tune on "Identity Crisis", and the Reece tears this one up.

2. ALONE: When we wrote this, the song had a big DOKKEN vibe on the demo. I think we kept that vibe, but added our own Tango Down feel to it. On our last album, I collaborated with Jace Pawlak on Step By Step. The end result was imho finger licking good covered with Butter. So Kivel felt that ALONE had that same sort of feel, and Jace would be perfect to help on this tune. So we brought him in to help pen the lyrics, and again....BUTTER!!

3. BLAME...: This was the first song The Reece and i worked on together. This song just oozes Melodic goodness. Once we demoed it. No one could get the chorus out of our heads. It is infectious. It has elements of Journey and Sweet Child o Mine with a smidgen of The Cult. I know....crazy right? CRAZY GOOD!!! This one has a nice message in it, but without being "preaching". Considering the climate of the current state of affairs in the world, i feel It is appropriately timed. The song is very positive and i think can be inspirational. A song without a doubt that will be a set staple for us here on out. A video is planned for this one.

4 ENLIGHTEN ME: This one was a lil different for us. Having a singer Like Reece in the band, has given us alot more room to take the music into new territories. It has more of that melodic Queensryche sound ala I Don't Belive in Love, meets a House of Lords Demons Down. This one was a colab with Paul from the band Edens Curse. He took it into some cool directions. That mixed in with Reece, It just all comes together nicely. This has a great end result of a team effort.

5 CALLING OUT: This is a song i have been holding onto forever. For various reasons it missed making Damage Control. This is the big crowd participation tune!! It is a song about being positive. Having Faith and believing that you can overcome the odds. A fave track of mine, and im very pleased it is finally seeing the light of day. BIG Chorus!

6. CORNERS OF MY MIND: The Ballad!!!! What can i say, other then Awesome song, and my other fave tune on the album. This one is a ballad penned by Jace Pawlak. Kivel played it for me one day at a summer bar b que. He told me how he was considering it for another album. I told him NO...WE have to do it. After spiking his Pepsi, a short while later he was agreeable to my request :-) This song is simply put, MONSTER BALLAD BEAUTIFUL. It's like Whitensake meets Winger. David delivers this one with such emotion it is going to leave peoples mouths on the floor.

7. BACK TO LIFE: This song is going to be a surprise for alot of people. Another sing along type song that will leave you smiling. Has elements of Warrant ala Blind Faith, for a lack of a better comparision. Nice acoustic guitars mixed in with some tasty solo work and again...BIG Chorus! I think Kivel has us set to shoot a video for this one as well.

8. DREAM CHILD: This baby is one of Davids tunes. Fans of old school VH will dig. With a touch of Whitesnake. The man commands the mic on this one like no one else can.

9. MAGIC PUDDING: Another David tune that is swamp blues rock whitesnake style.We do this one a lil bit different from the version that is on Davids SOLID release. This is one i can't wait to do live. It's like our own Crying In the Rain the way we do it. The Reece commands it on this one!! Should go over very good live.

10. HEARTS CATCH FIRE: Love this tune. One of those BIG sing along chorus type songs with your fist in the air. A Erik Johnson masterpiece! This one will have that HUGE Backing vocal chorus thing going on for sure.

TangoDown_IC_Promo3.jpg

Cool, "Magic Pudding" was one of my favorite tracks off the Reece-Kronlund disc. Looking forward to hearing this version, and I'm expecting the whole album to kick ass.

My radio show returns February 8 with a killer line up and would love to get a new TANGO DOWN track on the show! Let me know if interested. You can view the event on my facebook page here

https://www.facebook.com/events/340209585997535/

Mark your calendars for February 8! The Metal Madman Radio Show returns with a "VENGEANCE"! ECLIPTICA invades with a CD showcase....also a WORLDWIDE PREMIERE with the first music from DEVILS TRAIN featuring MYSTIC PROPHECY mainman/producer R.D. Liapakis, STRATOVARIUS drummer Jorg Michael (STRATOVARIUS), guitarist Laki Ragazas, as well as bassist Jari Kainulainen (ex EVERGREY, ex STRATOVARIUS)! On top of that new music from KNIGHT FURY, ADRENALINE MOB, PRIMAL FEAR, RAGE, MAD MAX, THE SACRIFICED, VENGEANCE, VAN HALEN, HALLOWEEN, AXEL RUDI PELL, FREEDOM CALL, & MORE! WOW!

My radio show returns February 8 with a killer line up and would love to get a new TANGO DOWN track on the show! Let me know if interested. You can view the event on my facebook page here

https://www.facebook.com/events/340209585997535/

Mark your calendars for February 8! The Metal Madman Radio Show returns with a "VENGEANCE"! ECLIPTICA invades with a CD showcase....also a WORLDWIDE PREMIERE with the first music from DEVILS TRAIN featuring MYSTIC PROPHECY mainman/producer R.D. Liapakis, STRATOVARIUS drummer Jorg Michael (STRATOVARIUS), guitarist Laki Ragazas, as well as bassist Jari Kainulainen (ex EVERGREY, ex STRATOVARIUS)! On top of that new music from KNIGHT FURY, ADRENALINE MOB, PRIMAL FEAR, RAGE, MAD MAX, THE SACRIFICED, VENGEANCE, VAN HALEN, HALLOWEEN, AXEL RUDI PELL, FREEDOM CALL, & MORE! WOW!

Hey DrumRman Shoot me a email at kivel@kivelrecords.com and we can discuss having something done for your show.

JK

• 1 month later...

Where are the samples for this bad boy?!

• 1 month later...

E-mail from Kivel a few days back and the release has been postponed til April... :(

Ok, now it's April. When is this coming out?!!

E-mail from Kivel a few days back and the release has been postponed til April... :(

Ok, now it's April. When is this coming out?!!

I was just thinking the same thing??? End of April as a matter of fact. Johnny!?!?

Was this thing supposed to out this month?

Rif told me they were doing a video for "Blame" but not sure when that is happening and now with David having the new BC just coming out I sure hope this doesn't get pushed back further.

Rif told me they were doing a video for "Blame" but not sure when that is happening and now with David having the new BC just coming out I sure hope this doesn't get pushed back further.

Last month pushed to this month, and here we are at the end of the month.

Last month pushed to this month, and here we are at the end of the month.

Rumor has it that it is still being final mixed. Artwork in the can. And the release of the new BC is affecting the release...

No new definitive release date, but obviously not April.