Grand design

Glen

This is kinda out of topic since we're talking in GRAND DESIGN topic haha but on the contrary, I kinda like the screaming part and I think it's acceptable for me. The harmonies are great, most tracks are enjoyable, they did a good job of varying the style between uptempo rockers to midtempo to ballads, and definitely slightly better than GRAND DESIGN after 5-6 spins, but almost on par.

I think the reason they're pretty average at live because they're born as a studio band and have little experience live, so probably that explains the sloppy performance, and also because of some stage fever.

At first I didn't know how to take these guys, when I heard Time, I was almost furious that they were so blatantly ripping DL off, and not even trying to conceal it, but as I read about them and started discovering they were intentionally trying to rip DL off, it went from anger they are ripping DL off, to enjoyment that they were paying tribute to a killer set of songwriters and songs, to the over the moon production, and when it really started to click just how good they are at copying DL, it really is kind of amazing, I do not like this album anywhere near the debut, to me those first 4 song's off the debut are magnificent, and would be hard to replicate, especially Air It Out, also a trip to discover the Drummer and Guitarist are the guitarist and singer for the band Vanessa! that really tripped me the fuck out, as Vanessa sound about as much like DL as DL sounds like Vicious Rumors, anyways, not big on this disc, yes sounds the exact same, but the extremely catchy and addicting chorus and verses are just not there, nothing all that memorable as far as these chorus and verse goes! I had the first 4 songs of the debut memorized after 1 listen, they are that catchy, nothing even close on this one, only sweet spot here, like I say is the big production.

to discover the Drummer and Guitarist are the guitarist and singer for the band Vanessa

Well spotted !! :drink:

to discover the Drummer and Guitarist are the guitarist and singer for the band Vanessa

Well spotted !! :drink:

Yeah, I had never made that link. Nice detecting. ;)