Shy - Shy (2011 album)

JamesEagle

Played this again today myself. A really brilliant CD. I'll put it out there that 'Over you' is not only my favourite song from 2011, but I think I could validly list it in my top 10-20 songs of all time. I love it that much.

Backed 100%. A brilliantly written-song with great lyrics, stunning pre-chorus, layers of lush keyboards, and a flawless chorus. It's really an AOR song in structure, and is just one of those songs I could continuously play and not get tired of. Is apt that Harris should go out (RIP) after writing the best song and album of his career (yes it's better than "Excess All Areas", IMHO of course!).

Played this again today myself. A really brilliant CD. I'll put it out there that 'Over you' is not only my favourite song from 2011, but I think I could validly list it in my top 10-20 songs of all time. I love it that much.

Backed 100%. A brilliantly written-song with great lyrics, stunning pre-chorus, layers of lush keyboards, and a flawless chorus. It's really an AOR song in structure, and is just one of those songs I could continuously play and not get tired of. Is apt that Harris should go out (RIP) after writing the best song and album of his career (yes it's better than "Excess All Areas", IMHO of course!).

Yep, I rarely play a song twice when I spin a CD - regardless of how good it is, but I do with this. I always play it at least a couple of times. That pre-chorus really is stunning and the chorus is out of this world... and I'm still touched by the lyrics and find it a really genuinely moving song. Gives me chills even 100 times later. I agree it's their best song (obviously) and easily their best full album too.

And I must mention 'Only the night,' 'Ran out of time' and the ballad 'Breathe' is pretty much my 2nd fave song of 2011. Man that is an incredible tune. Love a lot of the rest of the disc, but those songs. Wow.

'Ran Out Of Time' is still my fav. But a great disc.

Legit fave - seriously killer track.

I standby what I said before, I think you both underrated this one. Because you do your fancy scoring of every track (and it has a couple of obvious weak tracks) you miss the whole point. Your fave discs should be the ones you play the most and the ones with the best tracks, not just those that are most consistent. An album with 5 killers and 5 fillers is better than one with 10 songs inbetween. I still LOVE this disc (as you might have guessed :))

Well it was in my top 15 which was quite a feat for 2011. The fact is that every album above it was a killer too.

And just for the record - see that statement in bold above - that's exactly the reason why The Magnificent and Dynazty ended up above TH and WoA in my list :tumbsup:

And I must mention 'Only the night,' 'Ran out of time' and the ballad 'Breathe' is pretty much my 2nd fave song of 2011. Man that is an incredible tune. Love a lot of the rest of the disc, but those songs. Wow.

I standby what I said before, I think you both underrated this one. Because you do your fancy scoring of every track (and it has a couple of obvious weak tracks) you miss the whole point. Your fave discs should be the ones you play the most and the ones with the best tracks, not just those that are most consistent. An album with 5 killers and 5 fillers is better than one with 10 songs inbetween. I still LOVE this disc (as you might have guessed :))

Well it was in my top 15 which was quite a feat for 2011. The fact is that every album above it was a killer too.

And just for the record - see that statement in bold above - that's exactly the reason why The Magnificent and Dynazty ended up above TH and WoA in my list :tumbsup:

Yeah the WOA one kinda faded a bit for me, still love it but after initially playing it to-death it didn't quite have the longevity of the others. SHY and THE MAGNIFICENT were the two I played the most...

Yeah the WOA one kinda faded a bit for me, still love it but after initially playing it to-death it didn't quite have the longevity of the others. SHY and THE MAGNIFICENT were the two I played the most...

The reason WOA will fade for some, imo, is because they don't write complete songs. They write killer choruses, but unfortunately little attention paid to many verses, imo...

This was a great album!

Personally, I am very well compensated for by the new vocalist Tony Mills!

pleasant surprise to me the new sound!