Metallica and ..... Lou Reed?

whiplash1972

This thing is getting absolutely savage reviews. I haven't seen a positive one yet.

From Entertainment Weekly magazine's capsule review of LULU:

"The bulk of 'Lulu' sounds like your Dad's drunk friend reading his self-penned erotica over a melting RE-LOAD cassette."

:rofl2: !!!!

Ouch!

I think this only sold like 12,000 in the US first week which is pretty bad with Metallica being involved.

I'm happy that the whole Metallica fan base didn't go out buy this to support their fav band.

Now why couldn't they of done an album say with Biff Byford or someone that actually rocks?

I think this only sold like 12,000 in the US first week which is pretty bad with Metallica being involved.

I'm happy that the whole Metallica fan base didn't go out buy this to support their fav band.

Now why couldn't they of done an album say with Biff Byford or someone that actually rocks?

...and the new Megadeth supposedly sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 40K. Dave Mustaine must be doing a happy dance. "I FINALLY OUTSOLD THOSE BACKSTABBING C*CKSUCKERS! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!" :rofl2:

Lars Ulrich was on "That Metal Show" this past weekend talkin' up the Metallica/Reed combo platter... and I swear it seemed like even Eddie "Number One Fanboy" Trunk was having trouble pretending to be interested.... :rofl2:

The look on Florintine's face was priceless... :rofl2:

This thing is getting absolutely savage reviews. I haven't seen a positive one yet.

From Entertainment Weekly magazine's capsule review of LULU:

"The bulk of 'Lulu' sounds like your Dad's drunk friend reading his self-penned erotica over a melting RE-LOAD cassette."

:rofl2: !!!!

You think that's bad?? should read the review AND comments over at blabbermouth.net.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=2345

• 2 months later...

Stole this from another forum. At least one retailer is obeying truth-in-advertising laws. :rofl2:

lou-reed-talking-over-metallica-playing-boring-jams.jpg

Stole this from another forum. At least one retailer is obeying truth-in-advertising laws. :rofl2:

lou-reed-talking-over-metallica-playing-boring-jams.jpg

Gee I wonder how many got sold in that guys store???? :rofl2: I mean can you imagine, some poor dude picks it up, takes it to the counter to pay for it, the cashier LOOKS at Him like as if to say..."Are you F*CKING insane????" :lol:

• 3 years later...

Old topic and i know i'm way behind the times but i've just heard this for the first time and i only listened to it out of curiosity. Now i can see why there was so many people saying WTF! and i listened to it all. I wonder how many others have? :)