I just had a very unpleasant experience with Adriano. We all know of his crazy prices, but that's not what concerns me. I was working out a trade with him, and he offered me some CDs. I asked for the matrix number on one of them (being that there is a bootleg pressing of it) He then replied saying that it might be a bootleg. I know that mistakes happen, but don't try and play things off that something is the real deal "unless it is specifically asked about" Just want everyone to know that if you deal with Adriano, ask specifically what pressing every CD is. Oh, and ask conditions too, I have had a problem in the past on this issue as well.

Last thing, he does a terrible job on adding up the prices on the CDs you are trading him and the CDs he's trading you, I'm talking like a swing of a few hundred dollars, not just a couple bucks. Anyway, just wanted to pass the info along.

I've traded with Adriano many times with absolutely no issues. I've never gotten a bootleg from him and really never would have expected to. We have had some trades fall through but it is has always been about his prices. I definitely agree they are pretty high, but I guess they are his CDs so he can ask whatever he wants for them. So I'm sorry you have been having bad luck with him lately. But as far as my experience with him, it has always been positive.

I ask to all top traders that know me to tell this trader how tough is to get top collectable cds nowadays...I have the right to ask the price I think it´s fair...you, to pay the price...tell him the bad experiences you had with me... I doubt anyone will say a word about I´ve been selling bootlegs...I was asking $25 for a Glasgow cd because I wasn´t sure about the authenticity, a very tough job to identify inclusiv to top sellers with so many bootleggers, that´s all he has to say....I didn´t accept your extorsive conditions, you went mad....stop your nasty game, Utah!

yes, I am a bad trader, very dangerous: a liar and a thief...but my name isn´t adboimel

Adriano you must lift your game as you are starting play like our Brasilian footbal team ;) & we just lost to Germany :(

:rofl2:

I had 2 trades with Adriano so far, which both went fine.

Adriano,i have done over the years many trades with you.but also we had many failed trades where we couldn`t agree the terms of the trade.i agree with you and know for fact its hard finding rare cds and i respect what prices they are even if it too much.i have a selection of rare cds with big price tags.i dont want to put that price,but thats how it is.we all share the same frustration together in regards to trading ,and selling and ,buying.most important is on heavy harmoines we can share the information on whats rare and whats a fair price.we all know our stuff on this subject.

Mitch

I ask to all top traders that know me to tell this trader how tough is to get top collectable cds nowadays...I have the right to ask the price I think it´s fair...you, to pay the price...tell him the bad experiences you had with me... I doubt anyone will say a word about I´ve been selling bootlegs...I was asking $25 for a Glasgow cd because I wasn´t sure about the authenticity, a very tough job to identify inclusiv to top sellers with so many bootleggers, that´s all he has to say....I didn´t accept your extorsive conditions, you went mad....stop your nasty game, Utah!

I'm pretty sure I said "We all know of his crazy prices, but that's not what concerns me." I'm actually not complaining about Adrianio's prices. He is more than welcome to sell CDs for whatever he wants.

It's funny, because when I was negotiating with Adriano, he started getting rude with his comments. It was I that said there is no reason for this, we have had a lot of history trading with each other in the past and I'd like things to stay good between us. Things mellowed out until I told him that I was not going to make the trade with him, he then replied with a last desperate offer, but I was still not convinced (w/ a bootleg in the trade) so I told him "no" and he flipped out. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not afraid to speak my mind, but I was nothing shy of showing Adriano respect until the point of him flipping out and accusing me of saying things I clearly did not say.

Regardless of all this crap, the intention of this thread was not to throw Adriano under the bus. I still completely respect his knowledge for what he does. My intention of this thread was to warn everyone (not of his high prices, please take note) that you should ask for matrix numbers and conditions of EVERY CD you are getting from Adriano. I don't want to see someone end up with a bootleg.

MR. METAL 4 EVER:

STOP THE LIES, DO NOT DISTORT THE HISTORY: I CANCELLED THE DEAL MYSELF BECAUSE I WAS TIRED TO HEAR YOUR BULLSHIT. SO I BLOCKED YOUR EMAILS AND YOU WENT MAD BECAUSE WAS LOSING A VERY NICE DEAL.

NO PROBLEM TO ADMIT I WAS WRONG NOT CHECKING THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE CD. EVERYBODY HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE HUGE QUANTITY OF BOOTLEGS FLOATING AROUND (IN SOME CASES 2-3 DIFFERENT PRESSINGS, ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPARE IF YOU DON´T OWN THE VERY FIRST ORIGINAL PRESSING). MY MISTAKE, I SENT MY APOLOGIES. IT WAS USELESSS.

AS I SAID, IF SOMEONE RECEIVED A RARE CD FROM ME AND DISCOVERED IT´S A BOOTLEG, I WILL REIMBURSE THE MONEY OR REPLACE IMMEDIATELY THE CD. I AM WAITING ANY MESSAGES SENT DIRECTLY TO ADBOIMEL@UOL.COM.BR. I AM 99,99999% SURE I WON´T RECEIVE ONE SINGLE MESSAGE.

FROM THE MOMENT I DECIDE TO REPLY THOSE MESSAGES HERE, I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL TELL EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING USING MY REPUTATION AND KNOWLEDGE. AGAIN: I HATE TO WASTE TIME, BUT IN THIS CASE MR. METAL 4 EVER IS PLAYING A DIRTY AND DANGEROUS GAME TRYING TO DESQUALIFY ME. BE AWARE FROM ME, COME ON...IT´S A CHILDISH AND IMPRUDENT COMMENT. I WILL DEFEND MYSELF IF I SEE ANYTHING ISN´T RIGHT.

YOU LOST ALL MY RESPECT.

LIKE SAID "WHIPLASH72", I PREFER TO STOP THIS STATE OF WAR BEFORE THE THINGS GONNA BE OUT OF CONTROL.

ADRIANO- ADBOIMEL@UOL.COM.BR

Adriano, I could PM you our e-mail conversation if you want to show you who cancelled the deal, but the purpose of this thread was not to let everyone here know who cancelled the deal. As everyone here can read my postings, I had 1 intention of this thread, and that was to warn collectors of possible problems that could arise, such as what I was dealing with.

I'm not trying to ruin your name Adriano, in fact you can see in my postings that I actually complimented you and your knowledge (have not seen a single kind word from you in long time, or maybe ever) I am just letting everyone know what to watch out for.

Adriano, I could PM you our e-mail conversation if you want to show you who cancelled the deal, but the purpose of this thread was not to let everyone here know who cancelled the deal. As everyone here can read my postings, I had 1 intention of this thread, and that was to warn collectors of possible problems that could arise, such as what I was dealing with.

I'm not trying to ruin your name Adriano, in fact you can see in my postings that I actually complimented you and your knowledge (have not seen a single kind word from you in long time, or maybe ever) I am just letting everyone know what to watch out for.

With a title called Adriano and a subtitle called beware. Kinda hard to think someone is not trying to ruin someone elses reputation.

If I see an album or movie review with a negative word to describe it in the title bar, I'm sure not going to read the article hoping to find the positives.

It might have been better to focus on the cd in question and not the seller.

thanks, zacharyamelie! You read my mind....

I didn´t start this discussion, I would prefer do not fight in public, but i need to make the things clear. If Dan and the moderators decide to delete those messages, I appreciate. Otherwise I am almost done with cds...

I don´t have anything else to say for you, Josh: except I think everyone receive the treatment deserved. If I was rude, you ask for it.

I am waiting for moderators position.

LIKE SAID "WHIPLASH72", I PREFER TO STOP THIS STATE OF WAR BEFORE THE THINGS GONNA BE OUT OF CONTROL.

Huh?? I haven't commented anywhere in this thread Adriano; what exactly are you referring to?

Huh?? I haven't commented anywhere in this thread Adriano; what exactly are you referring to?

Congratulations, Mike, you are officially the first innocent casualty in this little war. How's it feel to be collateral damage? :brutal_36:

I don´t have anything else to say for you, Josh: except I think everyone receive the treatment deserved. If I was rude, you ask for it.

I am waiting for moderators position.

So I deserved to receive a bootleg from you, why? And this thread was not to sing Adriano's praises, it was to warn buyers of possible problems. I don't need to go into more detail, this was a feud between Adriano and I. I wanted to give everyone a fair warning and nothing else...

• My Little Pony

Congratulations, Mike, you are officially the first innocent casualty in this little war. How's it feel to be collateral damage? :brutal_36:

Innocent? Dammit, I blame him for it all! ;)

I have traded with Adriano twice in the past. I can only report that he is a respectable and reliable trader who has helped me out with some very tough to find discs. Yes, it sometimes takes a bit of negotiating to strike a deal, but that is the joy of trading really. I have always found his communication to be excellent, and have always been very happy with the CD's that I received. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to trade with Adriano again.

Some people are going way over the top here!

The guy is warning of possible problems thats all.

With a title called Adriano and a subtitle called beware. Kinda hard to think someone is not trying to ruin someone elses reputation.

If I see an album or movie review with a negative word to describe it in the title bar, I'm sure not going to read the article hoping to find the positives.

It might have been better to focus on the cd in question and not the seller.

I agree. This topic comes across as an attempt to defame someone - that is clear from the very start.

I asked for the matrix number on one of them (being that there is a bootleg pressing of it)

Just an FYI - but matrix numbers are not a reliable way to determine if a CD is a bootleg...the numbers can match on a bootleg CD, the bootleggers can find out what the matrix numbers should be and put them on their CDs too. You need to look at what the matrix numbers look like, not what they actually are. Most record pressing companies have a distinct font they use (like Nimbus for instance).

I asked for the matrix number on one of them (being that there is a bootleg pressing of it)

Just an FYI - but matrix numbers are not a reliable way to determine if a CD is a bootleg...the numbers can match on a bootleg CD, the bootleggers can find out what the matrix numbers should be and put them on their CDs too. You need to look at what the matrix numbers look like, not what they actually are. Most record pressing companies have a distinct font they use (like Nimbus for instance).

Ah yes, the Nimbus! Nimbus 2000 to be exact...wise choice for the young wizard.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Nimbus_2000