Club football 2011/12

Wotty

Famous night for Palace last night. 1-0 down after 7 minutes, then scored on 80, 89 and 90+1 away to Brighton. A truly historic night because:

•  
  • Brighton are our main rivals (i.e. most hated club).
  • We haven't played them for a few seasons.
  • First time the clubs have met at their brand spanking new stadium.
  • The first league game they have ever lost at their brand spanking new stadium. :lol:
  • It looked as if we'd lost. (etc, etc)

Very, very happy about this. I'm sure Jez has raised a glass to this one as well... :drink:

article-2042533-0E1DD12E00000578-954_468x332.jpg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the newspapers say about the CL game between Man City and Bayern Munich last night ? ;)

What do the newspapers say about the CL game between Man City and Bayern Munich last night ? ;)

nothing theyre too busy moaning about Tevez!!!

City were always going to be found out in the Champions League - a potentially very good side but I dont think they will truly gel as a team for another season or 2.

More surprising was ManU drawing with Basel....WTF happened there.

nothing theyre too busy moaning about Tevez!!!

City were always going to be found out in the Champions League - a potentially very good side but I dont think they will truly gel as a team for another season or 2.

More surprising was ManU drawing with Basel....WTF happened there.

I think I may have to remind you fellas of the BIG football story of the night... ;)

(BTW, very pleased about the Man City result. I would like to see them lose every game for the rest of the season.)

Famous night for Palace last night. 1-0 down after 7 minutes, then scored on 80, 89 and 90+1 away to Brighton. A truly historic night because:

•  
  • Brighton are our main rivals (i.e. most hated club).
  • We haven't played them for a few seasons.
  • First time the clubs have met at their brand spanking new stadium.
  • The first league game they have ever lost at their brand spanking new stadium. :lol:
  • It looked as if we'd lost. (etc, etc)

Very, very happy about this. I'm sure Jez has raised a glass to this one as well... :drink:

article-2042533-0E1DD12E00000578-954_468x332.jpg

The beeers were flowing mate. Fantastic result.

4 points out of six against 2 of the best teams in the league. A damned fine week for the Palace.

Bring on the Shires much better version of L**on Town on Saturday :whistle:

4 points out of six against 2 of the best teams in the league. A damned fine week for the Palace.

Ooh yeah, Watford v Palace. Wotty must be torn! :D

Not at all,for once I hope crap beat the "scum" !!!!!!

I presume we're the "crap"? :P

Oh yes !!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes !!!!!!!!!!

Well the adverts right....The Toilet Ducks will destroy the Scum.... :whistle:

Good win against The Shires best team, with a stunning first goal from Zaha, to make it even better. Up to 8th in a proper league, so things going pretty damned ok for The Eagles at the moment.

I can almost almost hear and see Watson crawling under his rock as I type :aw:

Sounded like a terrible game last night, nice to see that we can win ugly! Going to Ipswich on Saturday, apologies in advance for jinxing the result.

Surely the bubble will burst soon, but let's enjoy the ride. We were awesome yesterday. No exaggeration, it was the best Palace performance I've seen for years. 1-0 was flattering to Ipswich. Happy days. :woot:

Man Utd...... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Wow ! What a good hiding !! :rofl2:

Man Utd...... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Agree, but it was bittersweet for me as I think what's happening at Man City is the final nail in the coffin of English football. It's ridiculous that a club with such an average recent history has been allowed to buy the title and thrash everyone in the process. It was bad enough when Chelsea did it, but this is Abramovich x 1000.

Who are and where is Southampton? :bananamac:

Another great night. We were poor, outplayed for most of the game. Nice to see us play badly and still win. Excited about the draw for the qfs now.

A mention for Southend too, going really well and a big win last night. Nice one Glen. :tumbsup:

0-0 at home to Reading Saturday, apparently we weren't very impressive, but at least it's another clean sheet.

Home to Pompey tonight, tough local(ish) game.

Where's Glen? Should be on here toasting Southend's table-topping form! Glad to see them go above Crawley at the weekend. :drink:

Another 0-0 draw that we should have won. We really should be beating teams in the bottomm half of the league, although on the plus side, another clean sheet, 8 unbeaten, and a very very healthy league position.

To be honest mate, we were atrocious last night. What worries me is that we've been poor at home 4 games in a row. It's nice that we haven't lost any of those, but if we keep playing so poorly and being so negative at home we're going to come unstuck. Hopefully this will give the manager a kick up the arse, as he needs to do something quick.

We've exceeded expectations overall this season so far, but we have a real opportunity now that hopefully we won't let slip away.