Adrenaline Mob

martinsane

Looks like another "supergroup" in the making in Adrenaline Mob. And for pity sake who doesn't love The Duke!

News blurb:

Former DREAM THEATER and AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer Mike Portnoy has announced his new project as the ADRENALINE MOB. The new band features SYMPHONY X singer Russell Allen, guitarist Rich Ward (STUCK MOJO, FOZZY), guitarist Mike Orlando and bassist Paul DiLeo (NENA).

The band's intimate live debut is confirmed for June 24th at The Hiro Ballroom in New York City.

According to a band update, Adrenaline Mob "will be playing a sneak preview of songs from their upcoming debut album as well as a few classic covers!"

Very limited tickets available now at this location.

Man wish I was back East I'd surely try to get in on this show!!

a friend said that their music is a mixture of Rob Zombie, Disturbed, and Black Label Society which sadly isn't my cup of hot tea at all.

I just don't get it, what the hell is Allen and Portnoy doing with this type of music :christmas:

a friend said that their music is a mixture of Rob Zombie, Disturbed, and Black Label Society which sadly isn't my cup of hot tea at all.

I just don't get it, what the hell is Allen and Portnoy doing with this type of music :christmas:

I didnt think anyone had heard anything by them yet.

If that is the case then its not only a musical departure for those two, as it doesnt fit Orlando's style either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_wdB0SS14

This sadly doesn't interest me at all, but the drummer was in Dream Theatre and Avenged Sevenfold? Wow. Wouldn't have ever picked something like that happening.

Well this is how they describe themselves:

In a March 2011 interview, Russell described ADRENALINE MOB as "a straight-up rock band with just rock songs — kind of like an edgy, modern kind of sound. It's not progressive or trying to be too metal or anything — it's just good, old crunchy rock stuff." He added, "I think it will be really well received by people who like to hear that kind of stuff. This is a new thing for Portnoy and myself, too. I've always done kind of done stuff with AYREON, but that's more of a vintage-y vibe, but nothing like this, which is kind of modern-sounding, almost like ROB ZOMBIE meets BLACK LABEL SOCIETY meets DISTURBED, [but] with [Ronnie James] Dio singing. It's all this kind of craziness. So it's definitely different and it's cool."

One minute he says its old crunchy rock stuff, then says the Disturbed/BLS/Zombie thing which goes against that.

He also said its kind of edgy, modern kind of sound.

Sounds to me like he cant make up his mind what it is.

I'd rather hear how Ward describes it, as this guy doesnt seem to have a clue.

Orlando does a similar thing though

"This band is not in the vein of SYMPHONY X or DREAM THEATER. It's more along the lines of, say, ROB ZOMBIE, GODSMACK, DISTURBED, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, SHINEDOWN… with Russell's absolute pipes from hell and Mike just outright killing it on the kit.

He throws in Shinedown and Godsmack to the mix, which just makes it even more confusing.

The downtuned guitars will piss some off but its right up my alley!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was at the Fozzy gig in London last night, and somehow managed to get in early to see the warm up, and then had a chat with Rich (as the photo in my sig shows).

The guy is a bloody gentleman, and a true fan of the melodic rock genre. He says that when he isnt performing, he doesnt really listen to any heavy stuff and prefers the likes of Night Ranger, Styx and Journey etc.

Certainly interesting to me that he has never tried to do something like that on record.

Was at the Fozzy gig in London last night, and somehow managed to get in early to see the warm up, and then had a chat with Rich (as the photo in my sig shows).

The guy is a bloody gentleman, and a true fan of the melodic rock genre. He says that when he isnt performing, he doesnt really listen to any heavy stuff and prefers the likes of Night Ranger, Styx and Journey etc.

Certainly interesting to me that he has never tried to do something like that on record.

I'd like to hear that too and though I've never met The Duke, he seems/comes across like a guy who LOVEs his day job!

His solo record certainly was the lighter side of rock though, but certainly not all AOR-ey like the bands mentioned above.

You should have shoved him in that direction Captain!

From talking to him, you can really tell how much of a passion he has for music as both a fan and as a pro.

He was telling me about how he has to adjust his writing style for different vocalists like Jericho or Lord Nelson, because of how different they are to someone like Bonz.

When he was talking about the music he listens to, he was so animated and just gushed about his favourite bands and guitarist etc, and how for him to enjoy music, the songs have to speak to him.

Makes a change for a musician to not constantly talk about their own band or themselves.

You hear a band like Stuck Mojo (and even Fozzy on a lot of tracks) and you think these guys must be really intense and scary, but the guy was quite possibly one of the nicest guys I have met.

He had no idea who I was, but he did remember a brief exchange we had on Facebook about Huey Lewis and the News, and continued to tell me how great they are, which made me even happier.

From talking to him, you can really tell how much of a passion he has for music as both a fan and as a pro.

He was telling me about how he has to adjust his writing style for different vocalists like Jericho or Lord Nelson, because of how different they are to someone like Bonz.

When he was talking about the music he listens to, he was so animated and just gushed about his favourite bands and guitarist etc, and how for him to enjoy music, the songs have to speak to him.

Makes a change for a musician to not constantly talk about their own band or themselves.

You hear a band like Stuck Mojo (and even Fozzy on a lot of tracks) and you think these guys must be really intense and scary, but the guy was quite possibly one of the nicest guys I have met.

He had no idea who I was, but he did remember a brief exchange we had on Facebook about Huey Lewis and the News, and continued to tell me how great they are, which made me even happier.

That lil story just speaks volumes as to what a cool guy Rich must be, I've never met him or seen his bands play live (I wish I could though), but he sounds very humble/down to earth. Not your typical "rock star", but a regular Joe who happens to be an amazing talent.

Thanks for the share CH!

I've met a few guys before who have been in big or biggish named bands before, and while most of them are nice guys to their fans, they often seem to be going through the motions, and only seem to talk about their own past (which isnt necessarily a bad thing or ego), so it was nice to see a guy who you could chat to as if you were chatting to any of your friends when it comes to music.

Its quite normal to get this attitude from younger bands like Jettblack who are all great guys as well, but to actually get an attitude like that from a guy who has seemingly been around forever in this industry, is a rare treat.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A little more modern than I expected but I do really like it and the drumming is excellent.

I hear a little Godsmack and Disturbed but I like it much better than those bands and Russell is singing with much more grit than I thought he could. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RLYyDKLUYo&feature=related

A little more modern than I expected but I do really like it and the drumming is excellent.

I hear a little Godsmack and Disturbed but I like it much better than those bands and Russell is singing with much more grit than I thought he could. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RLYyDKLUYo&feature=related

I loved the EP a lot more than I expected, but there is a huge variety of styles on it, which is pretty impressive for an EP.

Some stuff stands out more than others though.

Just a shame that Rich Ward is no longer involved.

• 3 months later...

So has anyone picked this up - was released mid-March right? Been listening to some stuff on you tube and this is seriously cool. Heavy as fuck with some sick solos. Yeah me likey..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGF-qXiciq0&feature=related