About Tattoos

Jacob M.

Brave choice getting a band tattoo. I wonder how many people had Lostprophets tattoos they wish they didn't anymore.

I don't have any tattoos and hope I'd never consider it, because it'd only ever be something really deep and meaningful to me if I ever got one.

Brave choice getting a band tattoo. I wonder how many people had Lostprophets tattoos they wish they didn't anymore.

I don't have any tattoos and hope I'd never consider it, because it'd only ever be something really deep and meaningful to me if I ever got one.

Agreed, I've been wanting one for 25 yrs, but what? It would be my family now and I have a scar on my arm that would be nice to cover up but in years to come, like all tatts I've seen, will end up looking like a smudgy mess! Still like em tho...i guess

I've never seen a Tattoo on a waman and it made me think "that's cute" because I dislike them so much.

Yeah, I tend to agree with that.

Some are ok, but I don't really see many on women that attract me in any other way than fascination of temporary intrigue.

Having said that, if my wife got one that wasn't in a place I really dislike (front of the thigh, arm, face, feet, or I guess even the whole legs) then I doubt I'd be all that upset if it was one I liked.

I don't have any. I wanted one when I was 25 or so, and the advice given to me was "if you still want one at 35, then go for it" 35 came and I no longer wanted either the tattoo I selected, nor a tattoo at all.

Love watching ink master, and one day I may get one, but it will likely be a 'personal tattoo'. Not necessarily in a hidden place, but one which means something to me that I'm less likely to regret.

• 2023 Gold Donors

When i was growing up in the 70s/early 80s, the only guys with tatts were real hard nut bastards (Bikies, ex-cons, etc). Now every man and his dog has one. Most of the young apprentices i work with either have or are planning to get full sleeves.

It really has become ridiculously trendy these days especially amongst professional sports players. Soccer, AFL, NFL, Basketball and young teenage girls.

I've always found tatts to be a bit "showy".

I don't have any and i never will, mainly because i can't think of anything meaningful enough, but if i did get one it would be hidden.

My Aunt was at a tattoo parlor one day with her daughter to get a butterfly on her ankle and while she was there another young girl was getting a crumpled/crushed fairy tattooed on the sole of her foot. I thought that sounded pretty cool.

The best tattoo i've ever seen, however, was on one of the "wiggles", believe it or not.

He was on a tv show and he showed a tattoo with his daughters name written in script on his forearm. Around the name he had "invisible" angels wings.

Invisible tattoos are done using the same process as normal ones apparently.

The only difference is that ultra violet ink is used. The same ink that's used in those security pens used for marking valuable items.

They're completely invisible until you shine a black light on them.

When they shone a black light over his arm the wings appeared around his daughters name. It looked bloody stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess people who like tattoos and those that don't are just wired differently so I'm not judging. I get when people are into art and wanna have a piece that is appealing to them. A lot of people get really defensive and insist that they only have or would only get really personal, ''meaningful'' tattoos like siblings' or parents' names or birth dates from their kids etc. But my point is this: if you love a person so much, why not just spend more time with that person and be nicer to them? Try and be a good parent, brother / sister or son / daughter. Be there for them instead of getting a tattoo and billboarding it. I know a lot of people who have family tattoos and one would think ''wow, he or she must really love their family'' when in reality they treat their parents like shit or don't respect them at all :D or go visit your grandmother (I'm sure she'll be happy) instead of carrying her name on your arm which isn't gonna help anybody

• My Little Pony

I guess people who like tattoos and those that don't are just wired differently so I'm not judging. I get when people are into art and wanna have a piece that is appealing to them. A lot of people get really defensive and insist that they only have or would only get really personal, ''meaningful'' tattoos like siblings' or parents' names or birth dates from their kids etc. But my point is this: if you love a person so much, why not just spend more time with that person and be nicer to them? Try and be a good parent, brother / sister or son / daughter. Be there for them instead of getting a tattoo and billboarding it. I know a lot of people who have family tattoos and one would think ''wow, he or she must really love their family'' when in reality they treat their parents like shit or don't respect them at all :D or go visit your grandmother (I'm sure she'll be happy) instead of carrying her name on your arm which isn't gonna help anybody

Haha. Yeah, that's kinda what always kept me from getting inked. But things have changed.

I have had a full sleeve for over 10 years now. Started it in 96'. Would have started it earlier but couldn't find the right artist.

I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

If I could id get more as I am completely addicted to that euphoric feeling that comes after a 3 hour drilling session. And I think my stuff looks bad ass. ?

• My Little Pony

I have had a full sleeve for over 10 years now. Started it in 96'. Would have started it earlier but couldn't find the right artist.

I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

If I could id get more as I am completely addicted to that euphoric feeling that comes after a 3 hour drilling session. And I think my stuff looks bad ass. ?

Finding the right artist will take me a while, I imagine.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been always fascinated by this (insert your own definition) chick who got married on the same day she met a tattooist dude and got his name inked across her face on the same evening...

screen-shot-2014-02-09-at-9-01-12-pm.png

I've been always fascinated by this (insert your own definition) chick who got married on the same day she met a tattooist dude and got his name inked across her face on the same evening...

screen-shot-2014-02-09-at-9-01-12-pm.png

Words can't describe how proud her parents must be.

For fucks sake.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've been always fascinated by this (insert your own definition) chick who got married on the same day she met a tattooist dude and got his name inked across her face on the same evening...screen-shot-2014-02-09-at-9-01-12-pm.png

That's insane.

She looks kinda cute too.

• My Little Pony

I've been always fascinated by this (insert your own definition) chick who got married on the same day she met a tattooist dude and got his name inked across her face on the same evening...screen-shot-2014-02-09-at-9-01-12-pm.png

That's insane.

Yeah. Why would you do that to yourself?

Don't do drugs, kids.

That's insane.

I think you meant "looked". Stuff like that kind of ruins tattoos for me.

That's insane.

I think you meant "looked". Stuff like that kind of ruins tattoos for me.

And what the fuck is the thought process on this.

Yea your cute. Yea I dig you too let's get hitched but first let me decimate your face so I have to look at your deformity.

So ridiculous it hurts.

She was beautiful: http://929nin.com/what-ever-happened-to-the-woman-who-got-her-face-tattooed/

In any case, after seeing her boyfriend (now husband) I can understand why he wanted to slap his name over her face, practically ensuring no other man would ever want to be with her... crude, but effective method to claim a woman for his own, I guess, haha

:rofl2: Oh shit! I just spat coffee all over my monitor. Thanks for the laugh, G.

Anywhoo... still no tattoos for me (as I said earlier in this thread, many moons ago - I'm a big weenie when it comes to needles/blood), but my wife has recently started talking about getting a small tattoo on her ankle - her brother (who had lots of tattoos) passed away suddenly last Oct. so she's looking for something to honor his memory. Dunno if or when she'll actually go through with it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 8, all band logos. I did myself the first 2, for distraction, in the long sheetty and miserable 30 fakkking months of army service(actually 26, the 4 were bonus tracks).

I did the last one more than a decade ago. I'm thinking to do another one. And colorful (more expensive) this time.

I have 8, all band logos. I did myself the first 2, for distraction, in the long sheetty and miserable 30 fakkking months of army service(actually 26, the 4 were bonus tracks).

I did the last one more than a decade ago. I'm thinking to do another one. And colorful (more expensive) this time.

More details please.

I thought this was kinda cool, not the tattoo itself but a sweet gesture and Mick's reaction is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMlRlH0OohM

Great to see that again.

lol @ Vince singing at the end...

• My Little Pony

More details please.

Definitely more details, please!