HUGE Retrospect news!

Let me know when that Jillson comes out. :) Also, a few months ago I signed up for the email notifications when the website is updated and haven't gotten any emails aside from the one confirming I signed up. Is that service working?

Same here with the emails. It just doesn't work. I have tried to sign up several times.

+1 same here

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Okay, after checking out the site, I realize why it's taken this long. I know you kept announcing digital music, but it never registered what that entailed. Looking good, however I don't buy digital music. Still looking forward to Jillson!!

Me wantey lots Jillson CD Lots.

Patience, my dear.

• 1 month later...

Just took the chance and pre-ordered the Jillson and a few others. Now let's wait and see .... !

I went for a pre-order on the Groundstar a few weeks back.

Not sure when it'll be available...I'm a patient guy, plus I never have had any trouble with Retrospect....respect to Retrospect u could say heh!

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on new releases? :blink:

Nope ....... :(

Have you guys received any of your pre-ordered CD's? If not, I suggest you contact them and get a refund, like I did when I got tired of waiting.

As far as new releases etc go...I think there's always about a 50/50 chance for "announced" Retrospect titles to see the light of day. Some are never released, even if announced. It has always been their game, so shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody.

No ...have not gotten mine....still waiting ..should be soon....wonder what is taking so long...gotta agree with Kim_Hp...seems the band are signed but a cd does not seem to materialize....also most of the bands want a physical cd out to...for the fans..

I ordered about 5-6 titles....Sam or Aaron any word on the pre orders....should not be taking this long....and what happened to the boat load of releases...??? :party421::beerbang::drink:

I'm hanging fire....Retrospect have always been bang on with me...no trouble at all. I ordered the Groundstar pre - release CD 3 weeks back or so BUT it may take a little time for CD's to get pressed e.t.c. As people point out things at Retrospect sometimes take time, as they do at Rock Candy who's release schedules change also.

I would expect Retrospect to refund me if the CD doesn't get a release but at the moment it's probably more about putting your money where your mouth is, people at the Retrospect site vote to see a CD released and yet may not follow up with a sale.

So RR reach the position of 50 people voting on line saying they want to see a CD release yet a fraction actually buy it.

So I'll hold my fire complaining, I pre-ordered 1 CD if by chance I get ripped then sure I'll be pissed, but I have lost out on a small bit of cash. With the Groundstar I voted with my trust and belief in Retrospect Records who I've never had any hassle with. But if it goes pear shaped then okay I lost a few bucks, but then again I'd never buy anything from them again. But as I say, I'm a on the sidelines supporter of the label these days!

I agree...I have been a long time customer and will wait for the physical cd...helped Sam on a few bands to get signes...Sam and Aaron are doing a fantastic job in bringing these bands to life and releaseing quality ROCK and METAL...will be worth the wait...but an update should be in order and more new releases update... :party421::beerbang::drink:

Hey guys - a million apologies for the wait on some of these. Our main manufacturer NOWDISC went under a month back so we had to find another manufacturer. Many of the new titles are in production and I am awaiting delivery. Anything that is taking too long (i.e. AMERICADE) will be refunded to the buyer. We appreciate your business , your patience and we'll have everything sorted very shortly.

And I would disagree about the 50/50 comment made by Kim. It's more like 80/20. If there's anything we are having trouble releasing it's usually because of band squables or audio issues. We have a crap-load of stuff sitting in here that needs remastering (like PARADISE "Do or Die" + Bonus Tracks) and the fantastic HARD ATTACK release. It all takes time. We're doing our best.

Awesome Sam....will wait on the pre orders...will be worth it....no need to refund me...will wait for the Americade box set..Crystal Project..Nemesis...Ironclad and 18 Names. Looking forward to all the other new reelases like Buxx..Cutthroat..Hard Attack and more...you and Aaron are doing an awesome job....keep them coming....the physical cd that is...lol. It is a bummer when a manufacture goes under...fully understand....keep rockin bros.... :party421::beerbang:

P.S. send me an e-mail when my 5 titles are in and ready to ship...also ...the discount... :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/crystal_project.html

CRYSTAL PROJECT CD's are NOW available!

Huge props to Aaron and Sam and the entire Retrospect records crew for believing in us and working their butts off to make this happen!

Happy Holidays to all the HH peeps out here!

~Steve Chams (CP/keys)

www.thecrystalproject.com

• 1 month later...