Danger Danger vs Danger Danger

which song is better?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Geoff doens't like 'Under The Gun'....WTF??? Not my fav Danger Danger track, but any fan of the band should enjoy it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may even have had this discussion elsewhere and I know it always stumps people, but 'Under the gun' is nowhere near my top D2 songs. It'd be in my bottom half from the debut and in their discography it wouldn't even register.

Intro and verses are epic... chorus just doesn't do it for me. Not really at all. I still like the song - don't get me wrong - but it's in no way one of my faves from this brilliant band. :)

QFT.

As I said, it's a good song and I like it plenty; it's just not one of my faves. :)

'Screw It' isn't as good as the debut, but I still rate it around 9/10.

i don't know how James can rate this 5 when he thinks the debut is 10, because it's basically quite similar in terms of greatness and awesomeness :popcorn:

Very similar in terms of greatness and awesomeness, I agree, but very different in style. The debut is definitely more for the skirt wearers (like James) whereas the 2nd one is a bit more beefy, for the dudes amongst us.

Haha, kidding James (or am I?). ;) I love both albums immensely, and both would rate over 90%, but I definitely prefer 'Screw It!'

:lol:

Nothing to do with heaviness, for me it's all about the songwriting. The debut is full of great tunes that stand up to repeated plays. The second album is full of really basic tunes, with very little originality and I found the songs got very boring very quickly. I just don't get what is good about the songs on 'Screw It', it was a massive disappointment to me at the time and I wouldn't listen to it now. Comparing the rockier songs to 'Bang Bang' or 'Saturday Nite' shows a huge gulf in class. And a lighter track like 'I Still Think About You' is terrible in comparison to the awesome 'Under The Gun'.

For me the debut was good, but way too lightweight compared to Screw it and lacked the hooks.

Not only did Screw it rock out with its cock out, but it also provided a damn sight more memorable songs than the debut.

I can honestly say that while there are no bad songs on either of their first two albums, the debut only has a few tracks that really stood out to me where as the second had 100% of the tracks stand out.

For me, the writing on the debut was very muted.

It's amazing how opinions can differ so widely. Basically what you are saying about the songwriting and memorability of the songs is the unmitigated opposite of my view. Ultimately it's good that we can enjoy the rock music we choose to listen to rather than nonsense like Westlife or that little Bieber fella, for example. It's just bizarre that we hear completely different things in some albums.

The biggest difference is probably in what style of rock music is our main passion.

Like myself, and many others here, you have a wide ranging taste across the rock spectrum, but I am guessing that certain genres are more your cup of tea than others.

For me, as much as I like AOR I prefer glam/hard rock. And to me the debut is more AOR while Screw it is more glam/hard rock.

Its why I will always prefer Tough it out over Indiscreet as well (yes I know Tough it out isnt glam, but it feeds my hard rock craving).

We may even have had this discussion elsewhere and I know it always stumps people, but 'Under the gun' is nowhere near my top D2 songs. It'd be in my bottom half from the debut and in their discography it wouldn't even register.

Intro and verses are epic... chorus just doesn't do it for me. Not really at all. I still like the song - don't get me wrong - but it's in no way one of my faves from this brilliant band. :)

QFT.

As I said, it's a good song and I like it plenty; it's just not one of my faves. :)

I honestly have to say I am with Geoff on this one.

Under the gun is a great song, but not one that has ever been one of my faves.

Off the debut, the ones I would put on a D2 compilation are:

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

All in all there its about even in the great song stakes, its just that I think the other songs on Screw it are better than those on D2.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

All in all there its about even in the great song stakes, its just that I think the other songs on Screw it are better than those on D2.

No "Beat the Bullet" from Screw It?

Just my opinion but I always thought that one was one of the most beloved D2 songs.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Just my opinion but I always thought that one was one of the most beloved D2 songs.

Yeah now that really IS odd.

Beat The Bullet and Dont Blame It On Love are the clear stand out tracks Screw It, IMO.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Beat The Bullet and Dont Blame It On Love are the clear stand out tracks Screw It, IMO.

Yup me to.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

Although I will slap a high five with Sir Howdy regarding 'Under the Gun,' I have to agree with the gents on this one. 'Beat the bullet' and 'Don't blame it on love' are probably my two favourites from 'Screw It!' too. :)

In all honesty, the 10 I picked above is about the best compilation I've ever seen in my life.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

In all honesty, the 10 I picked above is about the best compilation I've ever seen in my life.

There are a couple from Revolve I would pick over some of them.......

'Hearts On The Highway' and 'Dirty Mind' for starters.

Two classics in my book.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

Two classics in my book.

And again opinions vary so much which is cool :) While I rate Revolve higher overall than Screw It, Putting those two songs up against the two mentioned above is not even close imo. It would be much closer for me to say Killing Love & Rocket to Your Heart. Then we have a battle :)

I still wonder to this day what their first album would have sounded like it Andy was in the band when recording began. Andy only played on two songs on this album,'Saturday Nite' and 'Boys Will Be Boys'. All other guitar work was done by Tony Rey. I know I started a thread way back about what albums you would like to see re-recorded and this one with Andy on all guitars was my #1 pick. Love this album but wonder how much more awesome it could have been.

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

Two classics in my book.

And again opinions vary so much which is cool :) While I rate Revolve higher overall than Screw It, Putting those two songs up against the two mentioned above is not even close imo. It would be much closer for me to say Killing Love & Rocket to Your Heart. Then we have a battle :)

Doods, doods. Let's not get crazy now. It was only ever meant to be a compilation of the first two albums. If you're creating a complete D2 compilation you'd need at least 5 tracks from 'Cockroach' ('Afraid of love,' 'Goin goin' gone' and 'Don't break my heart again' for a start) and yeah, something like 'Rocket to your heart,' 'Heart on the highway' and 'Dirty mind' from 'Revolve,' but yeah... this was just a discussion about the first two. :)

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

Two classics in my book.

Doods, doods. Let's not get crazy now. It was only ever meant to be a compilation of the first two albums. If you're creating a complete D2 compilation you'd need at least 5 tracks from 'Cockroach' ('Afraid of love,' 'Goin goin' gone' and 'Don't break my heart again' for a start) and yeah, something like 'Rocket to your heart,' 'Heart on the highway' and 'Dirty mind' from 'Revolve,' but yeah... this was just a discussion about the first two. :)

OK, was just responding to the comment 'best compilation I have ever seen'.

Wasnt putting the Revolve tracks up against 'Beat The Bullet' or 'Dont.....'. Just up against some of the other 10 in the list.

Cheers

QFT.

Naughty naughty

Bang bang

Dont walk away

Rock America

One step from paradise

From Screw it:

Monkey business

Crazy nites

Comin home

Slipped her the big one

Yeah you want it

I still think about you

Get your shit together

Yup me to.

Two classics in my book.

OK, was just responding to the comment 'best compilation I have ever seen'.

Wasnt putting the Revolve tracks up against 'Beat The Bullet' or 'Dont.....'. Just up against some of the other 10 in the list.

Sounds like a new thread getting ready to start eh Geoff? :)

Make sure it's a 2 cd best of or I will laugh at you ;)