Paul Laine - Stick in in your ear bonus tracks

Captain Howdy

Just downloaded the four bonus tracks from Amazon that were added to the recent reissue of Stick it in your ear, and they a pretty damn good.

They are certainly inspired by classic era Bon Jovi, like a lot of Pauls solo stuff, and you have to say, going on what was released on Cant get enough, these bonus tracks and a bunch of unreleased demos I have, there really should have been several follow ups to that classic debut ... fuck you grunge music!

Hometown is probably the most stand out "Bon Jovi" song as lyrically its very similar to Blood on blood, and musically sounds very much like a mid paced Jovi song.

I dont wanna label him a Jon Bon clone, as Paul is so much more than that, but my god he should have been as big as those guys.

I dont think there will be any more Danger Danger albums from what Bruno has said.

Ted is still in the band anyway, but Bruno and Steve call all the shots, and by all accounts they dont want to record anymore D2 albums for some reason.

Not 100% sure what Paul is planning, but he did say on his Facebook page recently that lots of news will be coming in the next few weeks, including music on iTunes.

I'm not sure if he was just referring to the fact that Stick it in your ear is now available on iTunes (and Amazon), or whether he was alluding to some new stuff coming as well.

I dont think there will be any more Danger Danger albums from what Bruno has said.

Ted is still in the band anyway, but Bruno and Steve call all the shots, and by all accounts they dont want to record anymore D2 albums for some reason.

Well that's pretty disastrous news :-(

Where did you read that?

Cheers

Well that's pretty disastrous news :-(

Where did you read that?

Cheers

Ted has said that for the last year that Revolve was probably their swan song but it all came down to Steve and Bruno but something tells me that besides Steve and Bruno the guys aren't the best of friends. To bad Frontiers don't thow some $ at them.

Also I have this reissue and yes the bonus tracks are great.

I back those comments as I personally asked Bruno at last yasr melodicrock fest about his plans on starting on the next D2 Cd & his answer was "never". I'm also guessing that with family & employment commitments, getting out a new D2 record may be almost next to impossible to accomplish.

I back those comments as I personally asked Bruno at last yasr melodicrock fest about his plans on starting on the next D2 Cd & his answer was "never". I'm also guessing that with family & employment commitments, getting out a new D2 record may be almost next to impossible to accomplish.

I seem to remember Bruno stating something along the lines of Revolve being such a tough album to make, that he just didnt want to continue releasing albums that way anymore or something.

Whether that was to do with personal issues, I dont know, but going on the slickness of the production, I'd almost lay odds that they were going with recording perfection with it, which meant re-take after re-take after re-take.

I have these bonus tracks on my copy (a couple were used on the Zinatra "Great Escape" album) which was a re-issue from many years ago - great tunes. Is very rare you get a great album with bonus tracks that actually enhance the overall standard...

• 6 years later...

I got this album late, did not like Danger Danger - Dawn so pushed this one off till I heard a couple tracks on youtube.

Once I did get it, I got the extra tracks without knowing the difference.

Yea looking at the original tracks, glad I got the extra ones, why they waited till later I don't know, very good songs.