JettBlack

Mullethead

Just got my ticket to the co-headlining show with Heavens Basement in London.

Got the Cinderella ticket as well, so just waiting on my Fozzy one and I will have the full set.

I can honestly say that Jettblack are an amazing band live as well as on record, which is why this will be my fourth time seeing them.

I'm guessing we may get a sample of the new tracks, which will be cool.

For me the 1st CD had 2 cracking songs, but I could take or leave the rest, hence I decided against the gig. Interested to find out what the new album will be like though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK is this disc really that good it looks like it got good reviews? I could care less about shipping costs because Amazon is in the US. :nyanya:

Yes, it's maybe the best you will hear. It's up there with the best you have ever heard. It's amazing...basically :)

OK is this disc really that good it looks like it got good reviews? I could care less about shipping costs because Amazon is in the US. :nyanya:

Yes it's that good. Come to think of it I have two copies of this disc.

Wanna sell me one cheap? :christmas:

Yes, it's maybe the best you will hear. It's up there with the best you have ever heard. It's amazing...basically :)

Amazing yes but how do you rate it when compared to Kiss' Unmasked? :butt:

Yes it's that good. Come to think of it I have two copies of this disc.

Wanna sell me one cheap? :christmas:

PM me about it.

Wowser mate, that's some heavy praise. I like the disc as much as the next guy but if I had to be picky I'd definitely be hoping for a few more hooks as delicious as 'Two hot girls' on the second album.

Wowser mate, that's some heavy praise. I like the disc as much as the next guy but if I had to be picky I'd definitely be hoping for a few more hooks as delicious as 'Two hot girls' on the second album.

I definitely give them all the praise. These albums only come along for me so often. I was instantly hooked and been playing it for about 6 weeks straight. Get Your Hands Dirty, Two Hot Girls, Sleep, Slip It On, Motherf*cker and the best track imo, War Between Us. Production is top notch also...can't wait to hear the new one. The ep was good too with a cool cover of Danger Zone.

In my eyes, these guys can do no wrong. :beerbang:

Yeah, even better than Unmasked! That should tell you something right there :)

Sweet, it looks like this one is getting purchased then.

I have to say, its interesting that the UK arm of Amazon knocks off the VAT, as whenever I have ordered from the US arm, I never get any kind of reduction to my knowledge. Will have to look at my orders and see if it did or not.

Many US places list exlusive of tax (ie US redisents will have the tax added), whereas most other palces list inclusive of the tax so you get a reduction once the tax is removed.

Sweet, it looks like this one is getting purchased then.

I had this cranked on the way to the post office to pick up some more goodies. Yes it's pretty fucking good reminds me of a little Sleez Beez.

• 1 month later...

Just saw them live again, co-headlining with Heavens Basement and they put in what is probably the best show I have seen by them.

The crowd was red hot for them, and a good percentage of the crowd left after their set as the floor was only half full for Heavens Basement.

I spoke to the guys after their set and they said that hopefully the new album will be out in Sept, and Jon even said he feels this one is so much better and has more obvious "hit singles".

A few pics:

229420_10150254021099359_665084358_8819578_576173_n.jpg

227982_10150254022604359_665084358_8819596_3499085_n.jpg

227874_10150254019859359_665084358_8819569_3603362_n.jpg

230758_10150254021264359_665084358_8819580_3371301_n.jpg

231120_10150254020024359_665084358_8819571_3601831_n.jpg

Just saw them live again, co-headlining with Heavens Basement and they put in what is probably the best show I have seen by them.

The crowd was red hot for them, and a good percentage of the crowd left after their set as the floor was only half full for Heavens Basement.

I spoke to the guys after their set and they said that hopefully the new album will be out in Sept, and Jon even said he feels this one is so much better and has more obvious "hit singles".

How is the new Heavens Basement lineup?

To be honest I dont really know any of their stuff as I havent really listened to anything by them since the Hurricane Party days, so I cant judge.

A friend of mine who was there said they were really good, and have heavied up their sound a bit.

To be honest I dont really know any of their stuff as I havent really listened to anything by them since the Hurricane Party days, so I cant judge.

A friend of mine who was there said they were really good, and have heavied up their sound a bit.

I get email updates from their site and the new pics make them look more modern and less classic rock looking if that makes sense. I loved the EP and the Roadstar/Hurricane Party stuff so the pics scare me a little.

Talking about changing styles, sometimes its for the better.

Last night while talking to Jon, he mentioned that he has been doing the music thing for a while, and used to be in a skate punk band, but it really wasnt his thing.

Tonight I found out that Jettblack actually used to be a skate punk band called Skirtbox.

I found one of their videos, and while I will say its actually not that bad for the genre, its not a patch on what they are doing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKP-1GlMKN4

They played one of the new songs at the gig, and while I couldnt tell you the name of it, it certainly sounded good (even though my ears were probably already blown to shit by then).

From what they have been saying on Facebook the past few months, they have a double albums worth of tracks, and have to wittle it down to 12 or so.

They are at least part way through recording it as well, but took time off from recording to do the tour.

Another upside is Jon said they are no longer having to do all the leg work as far as finding support slots etc, as people are now starting to contact them.

All looking rather rosy in the Jettblack camp by the looks of things.

• 2 weeks later...

They, along with Heavens Basement and a couple of other bands will be doing a free acoustic gig on Weds at the Worlds End pub in Camden for any Londonites.

Its a warm up show for the Download festival, and from what I can gather they only have a 25 min set, but its free so cant complain.

The other two bands are Obsessive Compulsive & Slaves To Gravity.

Funny thing is, while the Underworld/Worlds End is advertising it as a JB/HB gig, they are the first two bands on. So its like a reverse headlining gig ... weird.

Really depends on your perspective I guess.

I have the Hurricane Party EP and thats very good. I recently downloaded the two albums they released under the name Roadstar, which are not bad but didnt hook me as good as when they were Hurricane Party for some reason.

As for Heavens Basement, well in essence the line up has changed so much in recent times that they bare little resemblence to the Roadstar and Hurricane Party days.

A friend of mine is a fan, and he said they are heavier these days, which is true, but they also seem to be moving more in a modern direction.

Last night I read a diary entry from UK journo Dave Ling, who is a well respected classic/melodic rock journo who has been around since the glory days of Kerrang & Raw magazine etc, and currently writes for Classic Rock magazine.

I spotted him at the London gig from a few weeks ago, so I read the diary entry for the day after the gig and his opinions pretty much mirrored mine that Jettblack had the crowd in the palm of their hands and are on the up, where as the crowd lost interest in Heavens Basement, and certainly look like a band in decline.

Its not to say that they were bad, just that they are moving away from their traditional sound and are suffering for it with the melodic rock faithful.

The EP they released a little while ago was closer to their old style as it featured more of the old band, but the new stuff doesnt seem to be that well received.

This is from their classic Hurricane Party days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcSTWF0BLM

This should give you an idea of the current direction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP36v-fRoeU

Went to the acoustic gig, and it was a great show, especially as it was free.

Didnt bother with Heavens Basement of the other two bands, but Jettblack were awesome.

Also really good were the opening act, Skin, who were announced at the very last minute.

It was only Myke and Neville, with the drummer from Heavens Basement but they played a nice set that covered all of their albums.

Had a brief chat with the guys from Skin just after the JB set, and it would seem that they may continue on a bit longer.

The guys in Jettblack are always good to hang around with afterwards, and all have told me that the new album is so much better than the last one (well they aint gonna say its shit, are they), and I believe them as they seem to genuinely have a passion when they talk about it.

They said it will be very much in a similar style, but will have a few more influences on it, with Matt telling me that there is a bit more riffage which he said could be inspired by Metallica (Black era) and Megadeth.

Single should be out in August with the album in Sept.