Black N Blue Hell Yeah!

chocularok

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it, that sounds like Black N' Blue. Pretty much sounds like a valid follow-up to 'In Heat.'

I was never overly wild about these guys, but they do what they do well enough. 'Target' is very typical of 'In Heat' - it's okay. 'Hail Hail' also sounds like an 'In Heat' b-side to a degree, but it's definitely one of the fillers. Pretty awful song. But it would have been back in 1990 too. My pick of the bunch is probably the sole commercial number from the new album, 'Fools bleed.' Nice tune.

From reports I'd seen I was led to believe this would be some modernized grungy garbage, but if nothing else I'm glad it still sounds like Black N' Blue. Who were always patchy at best anyway. I'll check it out for sure.

No doubt about it, that sounds like Black N' Blue. Pretty much sounds like a valid follow-up to 'In Heat.'

I was never overly wild about these guys, but they do what they do well enough. 'Target' is very typical of 'In Heat' - it's okay. 'Hail Hail' also sounds like an 'In Heat' b-side to a degree, but it's definitely one of the fillers. Pretty awful song. But it would have been back in 1990 too. My pick of the bunch is probably the sole commercial number from the new album, 'Fools bleed.' Nice tune.

From reports I'd seen I was led to believe this would be some modernized grungy garbage, but if nothing else I'm glad it still sounds like Black N' Blue. Who were always patchy at best anyway. I'll check it out for sure.

Wow I thought the original four were filler free and they all still get many plays from me.

Wow I thought the original four were filler free and they all still get many plays from me.

Patchy was the wrong word. They were actually really consistent. It's hard to say... they were just generally consistent at a slightly lesser level than some of my favourite bands. A lot of good solid songs, only a few exceptional ones... imo.

Don't get me wrong. They're one of the bands like Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Keel etc. that epitomize awesome early 80's metal to me. I do enjoy them a lot... just not a top 10 fave or anything like that. :)

Patchy was the wrong word. They were actually really consistent. It's hard to say... they were just generally consistent at a slightly lesser level than some of my favourite bands. A lot of good solid songs, only a few exceptional ones... imo.

Don't get me wrong. They're one of the bands like Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Keel etc. that epitomize awesome early 80's metal to me. I do enjoy them a lot... just not a top 10 fave or anything like that.

Good thing you said those words. Otherwise I was going to get on a plane and head to Aussie land and set you straight :) Great band. And Jamie is super cool :headbanger:

I also loved all 4 of their discs. I met Jamie several years ago at a Baltimore club called the ThunderDome. :headbanger:

Jamie went through the crowd and talked to people. He and I spoke for awhile and he was super cool.

I love the first 3 albums, but In Heat doesn't do a thing for me. I know a lot of fans rate this is as their fav, but to me it's very average.

Count me in that group. In Heat was easily the best for me. This thing was so hard to find 95-98 ish. I remember getting a phone call from Wishing well saying he had found it for me along with Cold Sweat - Breakout which was also impossible to find at the time. I was so freaking happy...and he only charged me $20 for both of them :)

Anyway, great band. The first four albums are great in my opinion. Nasty Nasty had the ability to be phenominal but it was half filler/ half killer. Without Love is what introduced me to the band, so I love that album. And the S/T record has the most edge. Still, In Heat goes along with everything I love. Absoluetly no filler on that album. I would recommend anyone who didn't like it before check it out again. Heat It Up, Burn It Out is the best song they ever wrote.

I am not crazy about the new one so far. The demos I had before were terrible & the samples aren't great but I will still check it out.

Samples sound pretty good to me. If I happen to stumble across the CD at a semi decent price I'd pick that up.

For the record, IN HEAT was B-N-B's weakest record in my book... though it did contain their best song ("Heat It Up! Burn It Out!") -- my fave will always be their debut.

I never heard BnB back in the day, and only got into them when the albums were reissued a few years ago (I picked up all four reissues, the Demo's one and the St Jaimes solo album).

That said, I was never truly blown away by them and couldnt honestly say that I thought any one of the albums was better than the others.

In fact, my favourite two songs by them are Nasty nasty and Rock on, but I prefer the Kiss (Domino) and Doro versions of these songs.

Not sure why it is, but they just seemed like an ok band to me.

Samples sound pretty good to me. If I happen to stumble across the CD at a semi decent price I'd pick that up.

For the record, IN HEAT was B-N-B's weakest record in my book... though it did contain their best song ("Heat It Up! Burn It Out!") -- my fave will always be their debut.

In Heat > S/T :)

I love "In Heat" to and usually pick it as my fav but I'm being honest it could depend of the day if I'd rate that one, "Without Love" or the Self-titled as their best. Even though "Nasty Nasty" rocks it pales in comparison to the other three IMO.

Wrong. As usual. :nyanya:

Wrong. As usual. :nyanya:

Well you have to at least agree that "In Heat" is better than Kiss' "Unmasked"....................................

Well you have to at least agree that "In Heat" is better than Kiss' "Unmasked"....................................

True, but that ain't exactly hard. As I've said many a time, a demo tape of Joe Elliott armpit farting "God Save the Queen" would be better than "Unmasked."

True, but that ain't exactly hard. As I've said many a time, a demo tape of Joe Elliott armpit farting "God Save the Queen" would be better than "Unmasked."

We always end up here don't we? I would agree with Wes about the BNB albums. That sounds about right.

Unmasked>All Judas Priest

Nooooo! 'Naked City' is my favourite Kiss track ever! Awesome track, imo makes the album worthwhile all by itself. I like the armpit farting quip though, I think I would prefer that to listening to Warrant - DRFSR. :whistle:

This thread reminds me, I really ought to get round to listening to Black n Blue - The Ultimate Collection. 89/100 is quite a score!

Unmasked>All Judas Priest

Stop. Smoking. Crack.

The new cover art:

BLACKNBLUE%20hy%20COVER.jpg

a little more eye catching than...

BLACKNBLUE_HY.JPG

:P

• 1 month later...

So all the samples have been up at MR.com for a bit:

http://www.melodicro...e-hellyeah.html

· Monkey

· Target

· Hail Hail

· Fools Bleed

· C'mon

· Jaime's Got the Beer

· Angry Drunk Son of a Bitch

· So Long

· Trippin' 45

· Falling Down

· Candy

· Hell Yeah!

· World Goes Round

· A Tribute to Hawking

Thoughts?

I haven't listened to all the samples, but the ones I did were more "immediate" for me than the samples from the new Warrant. I'm looking forward to picking up both, but this one a little more now.

Just played a couple of those samples and they actually sound pretty good. I'll be definitely keen to hear the finished result.