R.I.P. Mike Starr

whiplash1972

00283.jpg

http://www.sleazerox...ews/00283.shtml

http://blog.zap2it.c...----report.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr died in Utah... TMZ.com has learned.

Starr appeared on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab" back in 2009 -- and was arrested last month for felony possession of a controlled substance. Salt Lake City cops say he had 6 Xanax pills and 6 Opana (painkiller) pills when he was busted.

Starr was 44 years old.

Mike's dad tells TMZ, "It's a terrible shock and tragedy."

Police tell TMZ that Starr's body was found in a Salt Lake City home today. Cops say they were called to the house at 1:42PM.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.tmz.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<sigh> Another rocker gone too soon; shame he couldn't overcome the demons.

R.I.P. Mike

While I'm not shocked to hear about this considering his well publicized addiction but it's still sad. The guy played on two great albums in Facelift and Dirt and could still be AIC to this day but he fucked it up because drugs became more important. What a shame. RIP Mike.

Shame, but as others have said, not terribly surprising either.

On an odd note, the den leader of my son's Cub Scout troop is also named Mike Starr. Same spelling and everything. So this morning when the news about the AIC guy was on TV (either Good Morning America or the Today show, I forget which) he freaked a little until I explained to him that it was a different guy with the same name who'd died.

I had seen him around, its not cool to discuss the circumstances in which I had, but he was a truly good man, I didn't get to know him closely but what I did know of him he struggled horribly and knew he was never gonna outlive his addiction, he was trying hard to put together a band, but he could never escape his Chains roots, maybe its time to put up a R.I.P. board on here?

• 1 month later...

No Bro! he hadn't, I don't want to get into it any further, I'd like all my friends on here to not think any less of me, but he was truly in misery, as with anybody who gets past this certain point in addiction, I don't know how much you know about methadone, or suboxen, but he was only putting off the inevitable, and it's sad to say cause he really was just a normal guy, and really didn't enjoy any notoriety or recognition from his Chains roots, it was kind of odd I think?