Queensryche-Mindcrime a movie?

Doc777

I'd watch it, would just hope it had a decent director who would involve the band heavily in the production. Great idea though.

I remember many centuries ago that there was a news article in Kerrang/Kerrap that said there were plans to make the song Hazard by Richard Marx into a movie. They said that surely Uncle Toms cabin by Warrant would make a better movie. Funnily though, nobody mentioned any of the concept albums like Mindcrime.

There was talk of making a "Mindcrime" film some time ago; last I heard Tate was supposedly working on adapting it into a stage musical rather than a movie. Don't know what the status of that project is though.

Here's a Blabbermouth story about it but this info is nearly 2 years old now, so I won't hold my breath while I wait.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122115

Oh yeah. And it would have the best soundtrack ever. :tumbsup:

If it got the right producers, director and actors. and yes the best soundtrack ever...

Maybe they will get Sugababes, Justin Bieber and Kanye West on the soundtrack to make it more 'accessible'... ;)

If it got the right producers, director and actors. and yes the best soundtrack ever...

Maybe they will get Sugababes, Justin Bieber and Kanye West on the soundtrack to make it more 'accessible'... ;)

:baneed:

:baneed:

Seems fair.

There was talk of making a "Mindcrime" film some time ago; last I heard Tate was supposedly working on adapting it into a stage musical rather than a movie. Don't know what the status of that project is though.

Here's a Blabbermouth story about it but this info is nearly 2 years old now, so I won't hold my breath while I wait.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122115

Geoff is to busy creating his next vintage of Geoff Tate wine plus writing more bad Ryche songs as well as coming up with another bad idea for a burlesque type tour.

I really would like to see this done. But I wonder who would go see it besides us 'metal heads'. Seams like it would be a long movie thou if the band played the whole album, then the story was acted out. A masterpiece! What other bands did something like this?