frogstomp......R.I.P.

Delbert

Shortly before his death, Robert (Kelly) had contacted me in later January about various cds. He seemed very nice and was trying to get a trade going. I never heard from him again. He did buy some cds from my auctions from time to time, even though I "think" selling cds for him was a possible source of income. To see a wife and child left behind breaks my heart. Death is so much more around us as we age. We are all here for such a short time, we gotta make the best of this time here. Someday, someplace we will have a posting about us too like this. Peace to all, rest in peace Robert.

When i heard this news yesterday i was shocked.

I think many of us were getting to know him better and better, me included - he was probably never fully understood but he had such a passion for the music we all love - he was also surely climbing to be one of the best knowledgeable sellers out there ...

It really shows how short and unexpected life can be - we should all take the best of it as often as we can, be it with family or friends.

RIP

Guest rockerfabio

I talked with Kelly the last time in january and for the first time we have talked about the life and nothing about cds. Like said by my friend Paulo he was never fully understood. My greatest memory will remain when to help it in the description of one cd that it put in its auctions wrote :thanks to a good friend for the help.

RIP mighty Kelly/Razorrozar

Whoah..........had a few dealings with him and he always seemed like a good guy. You're right Mike....you never know when tomorrow may not come, so live your life to the fullest everyday y'all....

And, thanks Delbert for post...I appreciate it.

Oh wow. This is tragic to say the least. We all have had our ups and downs here and in real life but this is like a slap of cold reality. Rest in peace. I really didn't know him as well as some of you here but he was a likable guy, straight up and real. Condolences to his family.

Hmmm .., I'm really sorry to have to read this. Very sad. R.I.P. Kelly !!

I had just very brief interactions w/him while buying a handful of CDs over the past 2-3 years, but he seemed very pleasant and certainly had a heckuva collection of indie CDs. Very tragic, I feel bad for this family. Unfortunately, in my line of work I have seen far too many cases such as this and it's always sad. R.I.P.

When Del contacted me regarding this I was blown away, I had talked to him just before his passing, but had no idea that had happened.....we did not get along too well at first, not quite sure why, and we could never seem to complete a trade...still...recently we had opened up lines of communication again, and had started over, just talking about music...not sure where it would have gone, but I wish we would not have wasted those days argueing...but getting to know each other better...my heart goes out to his family...what a shame...

Mike

When Del contacted me regarding this I was blown away, I had talked to him just before his passing, but had no idea that had happened.....we did not get along too well at first, not quite sure why, and we could never seem to complete a trade...still...recently we had opened up lines of communication again, and had started over, just talking about music...not sure where it would have gone, but I wish we would not have wasted those days argueing...but getting to know each other better...my heart goes out to his family...what a shame...

Mike

Ironically Mike, this almost exactly describes how my relationship went with Kelly, not too good at first (however we did work out a trade) but it simmered down and we both agreed to start over, sadly we didn't get much of a chance to do that. We did message back and forth a bit a week before he passed away. It is quite a shame that he is gone now.

Wow, Andy from Australia just told me the news. I'm devastated. Kelly and I had our ups and downs, but lately, we had been chatting as friends do. Shocked and sad to hear about this. He will definitely be missed. R.I.P. Kelly

Yeah, I can only echo what others have said. Very nice guy and even though we only did a couple of trades, he did help me out with a few new CDs in the last couple of years. Totally out of the blue, he was just helping me out even though we'd never really communicated much before that. Since then he kept in contact via PM, with him randomly checking in to see how I was, check if I'd seen some CDs in my travels... just a nice guy that I got along with well.

My thoughts go out to his family. R.I.P. Kelly.

• 1 month later...
Guest trendkill196

This is VERY sad news! James told me a couple weeks ago. I didn`t know him personally, but he bought a fair amount of cds on Ebay from me. We spoke on the phone a few times. Really good guy.

As the matter of fact, I sold him a cd for $60. He never got it and he filed a case, so I had to refund him. Well about 4 months later he called me out of the blue and said he found the cd. I guess his wife had gotten the mail and put it somewhere and it was lost for months.

He ended up sending me the $65 back, even though I said "no it`s okay". Thats how I got to talk to him the first time.

R.I.P. Kelly!!!

I've been inactive here in heavy harmonies for so long that I didn't learn about this since last night. I just cannot believe it. I was hoping that he'll get back to me whether he was able to listen to the music that I uploaded in megaupload. He was the one who taught me to do it. When I told him about this band that has the most terrible sound (so terrible that the Rip Tide reissue of Fate's debut sounds like a million dollar), he got very interested. I promised him to send him a CDR but he told me to just upload it and then taught me how. This is very sad.

I think over the course of the last year or so, all of us have probably been affected by the passing of one of our musical "heroes"; be it Ronnie James Dio, Phil Kennemore, Gary Moore, or one of the countless others who have left this world way too soon... but this... this is a little different. This is one of "us"; one of our own if you will. This is a guy who bought, sold, collected & traded CDs just like we all do. This is a guy who signed in here on HH and talked about the music that he loved along with the rest of us. And most of all, Kelly was a husband and a father, just like many of us here. It really makes you think about your own mortality.. you know?

Rock in Peace Kelly :beerbang:

Backed. I didn't know him (I'm a newbie in this forum compared to others), but as Whiplash said, he was one of us. R.I.P Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news forsure, rest In Paradise Kelly. We never spoke on a personal level (my choice) but spoke regularly about music, having similar tastes. We lost contact as he was branching into rarer music real quick & I'll admit, I got pretty upset when he wanted so much money for cd's & I never had anything he needed, but that was on me, haha. Good, honest person & our conversations/ deals will be kept in mind as he helped me add numerous discs to my collection

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late to add to this thread but i was away when this all happened. Although ive had nil contact the last few years, we did use to chat in the good ole days on MSN and swap mp3s over dial up. Good fun :) From memory he was in logging or something? And that meant he went away for a few months at a time?