RIP Duke Snider

66 mustang

I'm not a baseball fan at all and the only reason I'm posting this is to see if I'm the only idiot that for some reason thought it said "Dee Snider dead" when I first seen it on another board

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hall of Fame outfielder Duke Snider has died. He was 84.

The former Brooklyn Dodgers star died early Sunday of what the family called natural causes at the Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital in Escondido, Calif.

The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum announced his death on behalf of the family.

Snider was part of the charmed "Boys of Summer" with the Dodgers in the late 1940s and 1950s. He helped lead Brooklyn to its only World Series championship in 1955. Snider also won a crown with the Dodgers in Los Angeles in 1959.

Snider hit 407 career home runs.

Yeah, at first I thought it said Dee Snider..

Duke was one of the greats, before they stated to supe up the balls to make more homeruns. Before steroids and million dollar contracts.I was too young ever to see him play. Me being a yankee fan, Duke played for their arch rivals The Brooklyn Dodgers, better known to yankee fans as DEM BUMBS. All in all, Duke was a class A baseball player and hall of famer. All I can say is:

Heaven got one Hell of a Team :beerbang:

He was before my time, but I've read a lots of books and seen quite a few documentaries about baseball in the '50s and his name always comes up. R.I.P.