List of 2011 Releases

Nightrain

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got loads of update today, curious to wait for the new Burning Rain, Giuffria, and The Storm :)

Backed on all 3 of those releases....I had no idea any of them were coming out.... :beerbang:

yeah got em from rockreport.be

even though i kinda sceptical about Burning Rain since Aldrich should be very busy touring with Whitesnake, but anything can happen, let's see if there's an update until this June, if not, then probably we'll del it.

Giuffria and The Storm are very much possible, since Giuffria, Chalfant, and Rolie are still active lately, so let's shoot for a late 2011 release :)

@james : though not a big fan of VR, but yes i'm also curious on how will they sound on their latest album

@jeff : nice info mate

got loads of update today, curious to wait for the new Burning Rain, Giuffria, and The Storm :)

Backed on all 3 of those releases....I had no idea any of them were coming out.... :beerbang:

yeah got em from rockreport.be

even though i kinda sceptical about Burning Rain since Aldrich should be very busy touring with Whitesnake, but anything can happen, let's see if there's an update until this June, if not, then probably we'll del it.

Giuffria and The Storm are very much possible, since Giuffria, Chalfant, and Rolie are still active lately, so let's shoot for a late 2011 release :)

@james : though not a big fan of VR, but yes i'm also curious on how will they sound on their latest album

@jeff : nice info mate

The Burning Rain isn't gonna happen this year(although I wish it would) based on a interview Doug did last week. He seemed to say that they had some songs and he wanted to do another album but was putting all of his time into Snake for now.

3 good releases for 2011 so far:

Stratovarius - Elysium(this is increbile IMO)

Scheepers - S/T(only one spin so far but pure ass kicking Primal Fear)

Benedictum - Dominion(maybe not as good as the last disc but still kicks butt)

yeah mate, that's what I thought about Burning Rain, so I guess that one should be removed until we see further info later.

Stratovarius should be added to 'Out Now', haven't got a chance to listen to it, but their prior album, "Polaris", didn't do much for me, but heard that this one is better.

To Be Released

BLACK STONE CHERRY - Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea (Hard Rock)

KIDD HAVOK - tba (Hard Rock)

MR.BIG - Live From The Living Room (Acoustical Live)

NEWMAN - tba (AOR)

Out Now

MYLAND - Light of A New Day (AOR)

ELEVENER sets the working title of the new album 'Symmetry In Motion'

To Be Released

BRET MICHAELS - Get Your Rock On (Hard Rock)

DRIVER - tba (Melodic Metal) - Rob Rock

LILLIAN AXE - tba (Hard Rock)

PAUL YOUNG - Chronicles (AOR)

SARACEN - tba (Melodic Rock)

TEMPESTT - tba (Melodic Metal)

TONY HARNELL - En Memoria Carinosa (Melodic Rock)

Out Now

GYPSY PISTOLERO - Duende : Last of The Pistoleros (Sleaze)

SIDEBURN - Jail (Hard Rock)

'Bonrud' have a new album coming out 2011 as well:

"The new bonrud single "Bullet in the Back" is the first track to be released from the new bonrud CD which is currently being recorded with Keith Olsen. "Bullet in the Back" is available as an mp3 download from all of your favorite digital retailers. You can purchase "Bullet in the Back" through itunes, amazon, and CD Baby. "Bullet in the Back" was mixed by legendary rock producer Keith Olsen at Pogologo Studio in California. Keith has won six Grammy's and the CD's he has produced have sold over 120,000,000 copies. He has produced CD's for Foreigner, Whitesnake, Sammy Hagar, Night Ranger, Ozzy Osbourne, Rick Springfield, and many more. The track was mastered by Steve Hall who has mastered CD's for Alice In Chains, Rod Stewart, REO, Pat Benatar, Richard Marx, and many others. The sophomore bonrud CD featuring Rick Forsgren on lead vocals will be released in the summer of 2011."

Bullet200x.jpg

Their first album was awesome and from what I can remember it was very highly regarded by the AOR community.

are there any news regarding Sweet F.A's new album ? didn't know they're reuniting again, will check for info :)

There's been rumors about that the last couple of years since they got back together for that unreleased disc but I've heard nothing concrete yet. It would be great to see them do something new for a good label where they'd could get a good production.

To Be Released

BONRUD - tba (AOR)

COVERED CALL - tba (Melodic Rock)

GURU - s/t (AOR)

NEW YORK DOLLS - Dancing Backward In High Heels (Hard Rock)

PANDEMONIUM - The Kill (Heavy Metal)

PANDEMONIUM - Heavy Metal Soldiers (Heavy Metal)

PANDEMONIUM - Hole In The Sky (Heavy Metal)

SAHARA RAIN - Eternity (Hard Rock)

SANDRA DEE - tba (Sleaze)

Out Now

CHINA - Light In The Dark (Hard Rock) / Metal Heaven

D'ERCOLE - Rock Scar (Melodic Rock) / Z Records

GUNNER - Desire (Melodic Rock) / Retrospect Records

M.ILL.ION - Sane And Insanity (Melodic Rock) / Metal Heaven

MEGATON BLONDE - s/t (Hard Rock) / Retrospect Records

MICHAEL MONROE - Sensory Overdrive (Hard Rock/Punk) / Spinefarm Records

THE PACT - ROck The Nite (Hard Rock) / Retrospect Records

TOKYO BLADE - Thousand Men Strong (NWoBHM) / Fastball

VOODOO CIRCLE - Broken Heart Syndrome (Hard Rock/Heavy Metal) / AFM Records

1927 are in the studio now. New album should be complete in a few weeks/maybe a month.

haven't they been in the studios for about 7 years now?

Well yes, they've been saying that for years now, but this time they have actually entered the studio.

1927 are in the studio now. New album should be complete in a few weeks/maybe a month.

Well yes, they've been saying that for years now, but this time they have actually entered the studio.

Any hints as to what this will actually sound like? I have to be honest and say I'd be absolutely stunned if they actually produced something worthwhile. But it would be a pleasant shade of being stunned.

Any hints as to what this will actually sound like? I have to be honest and say I'd be absolutely stunned if they actually produced something worthwhile. But it would be a pleasant shade of being stunned.

if i'm not mistaken, this is Australian AOR, am i right ?

if i'm not mistaken, this is Australian AOR, am i right ?

Yeah, they released their excellent (though admittedly one-halved) debut in 1989... 'Ish.' But the 2 CDs after that were garbage. I fear the new one will be much the same. :(

• 2023 Gold Donors

are there any news regarding Sweet F.A's new album ? didn't know they're reuniting again, will check for info :)

There's been rumors about that the last couple of years since they got back together for that unreleased disc but I've heard nothing concrete yet. It would be great to see them do something new for a good label where they'd could get a good production.

I saw the revamped line-up last spring in Indy.Even w/only two of the original guys left they sounded great! The rumored new stuff (which im about 99.9% sure will get released this year) im looking forward to,but ill admit i hope the material is worthy of their brand.Id rather have that old line up again but thats the way it goes...

I saw the revamped line-up last spring in Indy.Even w/only two of the original guys left they sounded great! The rumored new stuff (which im about 99.9% sure will get released this year) im looking forward to,but ill admit i hope the material is worthy of their brand.Id rather have that old line up again but thats the way it goes...

Out of curiosity, who were the 2 originals?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Out of curiosity, who were the 2 originals?

Steve Delong and James Thorpe (guitar)