Stryper: "The Covering" review

metalmaniac777

My review of Stryper: "The Covering" is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Stryper review

I'm still not a huge fan of cover albums, but if you have to do one, this is the way it should be done.

You creepy bias Christian bastard. ;)

Still haven't given this one a go and I'm still not sure I ever will, but I've seen a couple of decent reviews now. Everytime I consider it, though, I look at the original songs and wonder if *ducks incoming hatred from everyone around* dogshit truly can be polished. :lol: I just don't have an interest in those songs and I'd be amazed if Stryper can make me have an interest in those songs. Oh well, maybe one day I'll find out...

I've mentioned this before, but I am actually one of those people who loves covers albums and tribute albums.

This is one of the best of them in my opinion.

As Nightrain says, the Vince one last year was fantastic as well.

What I like about tribute albums, covers albums and cover songs is that not only do they give me a chance to hear my favourite bands take on another song (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt) but its also exposed me to other bands or songs that I have missed over the years, when someone covers something I have never heard before.

For instance, if you go back to the late 80s/early 90s, it was the likes of Motley Crue and Skid Row covering Sex Pistols that turned me onto them, and gave me an appreciation of punk.