Blackrain - Lethal Dose Of...

Jeff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone find this cheap yet, or on a site that can be read?

(I'm after the 2cd version)

Now down to £16 on Amazon.co.uk, although that's the single CD version. Not on eBay at all - do they want anyone to hear it???

yeah... very, very bad promotion for the album

buy it from french only website

buy it from german website emp and pay 20 Euro shipping

don't answer myspace messages.

As you say, do they want anyone to buy it.

Bit like another French sleaze/glam band; Rakel Traxx. Their CD was due out on DemonDoll last year, but never surfaced. I think they released something on an obscure French label, but only in small numbers. Clearly they aren't too bothered about being successful!

I've noticed this quite a bit lately, and it seems to be common among some of the newer Hard Rock / Modern Hard Rock bands on the scene. Basically if your album isn't made readily available and they don't reply to messages, then they won't be selling any CD's. At the very least, they need to put some info on MySpace/FaceBook or whatever their official website is, telling people where they can order a CD from.

I've noticed this quite a bit lately, and it seems to be common among some of the newer Hard Rock / Modern Hard Rock bands on the scene. Basically if your album isn't made readily available and they don't reply to messages, then they won't be selling any CD's. At the very least, they need to put some info on MySpace/FaceBook or whatever their official website is, telling people where they can order a CD from.

Totally agreed.

You take someone like Pete, for example. There is never going to be any questin about where to find the new Farcry CD. :lol: But that is an awesome thing. It's what the fans want.

There are a lot of clowns these days, who are admittedly in awesome new bands, who make it so hard to find their CD for reasonable prices, or at all. And there is simply NO excuse for it these days with how easy it is to get information out there on the internet. 0 excuse at all, imo.

And the result at the end of the day? Another reason to validate downloading music. Sad but true.

Bit like another French sleaze/glam band; Rakel Traxx. Their CD was due out on DemonDoll last year, but never surfaced. I think they released something on an obscure French label, but only in small numbers. Clearly they aren't too bothered about being successful!

yeah, i tried getting the Rakel Trax cd too, but no luck. I hear it's gonna be on demon doll to, but i wanted their original indie pressing. Was on ebay for a while a year or 2 back, but shipping prices were outrageous.

been trying to get a cd from the Swedish band Casablanca...but apparently they only give it to people that come to their gigs. Well guess what... if no-one gets your ep, there will be no-one at your gigs. Offer to pay all costs and postage, still no luck.

And Schene of D'Cryme... wow been trying to get their EP for 2 years. Every now and then i'm told they have it for me, it'll be sent soon... and nothing.

Melbounre band Phonik (rip), found it too hard to send an ep in the local mail....

Comapre that to bands like crashdiet, who run their own site, run their merch site, run their forum... no-one does it better than those guys.

And the result at the end of the day? Another reason to validate downloading music. Sad but true.

do a google search for the new blackrain cd and see what the ratio of sales sites to illegal downlaod sites is. Easily 100:1 in the favour of download sites.

But hey... i always have and always will want the cd in my hand.

do a google search for the new blackrain cd and see what the ratio of sales sites to illegal downlaod sites is. Easily 100:1 in the favour of download sites.

Yep, me too.

My normal procedure is to download the album, confirm if it's worth buying or not, then if it is I locate it somewhere, order it and delete it from my Ipod.

This one, however, is part of an ever-increasing number that will sit on my Ipod for possibly a couple of year until I find the original CD. I don't stop searching to some degree, but it definitely takes a back seat if it is annoying work trying to track a CD down.

or probably another reason for this is they might want to prioritize digital download instead of CDs ? don't know but anyone try a search in iTunes for example ? i'll wait for the CD, hopefully in 2 months, the price will be reasonable in Amazon UK

or probably another reason for this is they might want to prioritize digital download instead of CDs ? don't know but anyone try a search in iTunes for example ? i'll wait for the CD, hopefully in 2 months, the price will be reasonable in Amazon UK

pretty sure they only have the 1 cd version too.

Yep, me too.

My normal procedure is to download the album, confirm if it's worth buying or not, then if it is I locate it somewhere, order it and delete it from my Ipod.

This one, however, is part of an ever-increasing number that will sit on my Ipod for possibly a couple of year until I find the original CD. I don't stop searching to some degree, but it definitely takes a back seat if it is annoying work trying to track a CD down.

...or watch this thread to see if we manage to find it cheap somewhere? :tumbsup:

got a reply from the band... about 8.5 Euro shipping... ouch!

Making the total cost for the cd about 23.50 Euro.

15 Euro for the double cd i can bear, just triyng for a cheaper shipping option.

Definitely wanna get my hands on the 2cd edition before they vanish, and i'm left kicking myself. It is likely the 2cd version could be a french only release I'm guessing.

• 3 weeks later...

Still nearly £20 for the single CD version on Amazon.co.uk - ridiculous. I would never pay that much for a new CD, unless it was a seriously exclusive special edition.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread on the offchance ... don't suppose anyone has managed to find the CD at a reasonable price yet? I really don't want to have to download it as I suspect it may be in the running for my album of the year.

Incredible that the band doesn't give a shit whether people buy their CD or not!

hope is diminishing, james :crying:

Sad but true. Never even seems to pop up on eBay. :doh:

Why on earth would anyone produce an album, then not make it available to people? Surely that's just mental?

I tried a few weeks ago to navigate the FNAC website figuring I would just pay the $20-25 for it. After getting through the site and ready to place the order it told me it would be something like 15 euro to ship it to the US. Scratch that.

I've asked ANOTHER question on their Facebook page. If I don't get a reply this time, I would really like to download the bloody thing illegally so they don't get a penny! : :cussing:

(But I probably won't.)

Oh you poor innocent christian. ;) Just download the thing, mate.

Downloading is just a state of mind. Sure, if it's going to stop you from buying it, I can understand not downloading it. But will it stop you from buying it? I downloaded it ages ago and, like everything good I download, I have every intention of buying it when I see it for a good price.

Sorry mate, I just don't get that if you want to hear it that bad, and through no fault of your own you can't, why you don't just hear it. :) No need for a hefty downloading discussion, but if you use it for the "right" purposes I truly have no issue with it at all. Just a shame so many don't use it for the right purposes.