hot boy

dokken

finally got me a cd for a good price! what i wonder is; what do we know about the band? did they tour or did they only play local? what are the member up to today? anyone knows where to get hold of the members? there used to be an e-mail adress on there old website but that don´t seem to work!

i read somewhere that that they have many unreleased songs laying around, hopefully they will be released someday!

thanx

Hot Boy was basically a one man studio project with a bunch of well known musos filling in & that main person is well known in real estate circles in Portland Oregon.

I wonder if there any footage of Hot Boy live around the local scene, I wouldn't be surprised to know none exist because the band never played live.

I'm not surprised they didn't tour. Can you imagine going home & telling your missus that you're going out to see a band called HOT BOY play?

Hot Boy was basically a one man studio project with a bunch of well known musos filling in & that main person is well known in real estate circles in Portland Oregon.

I wonder if there any footage of Hot Boy live around the local scene, I wouldn't be surprised to know none exist because the band never played live.

I'm not surprised they didn't tour. Can you imagine going home & telling your missus that you're going out to see a band called HOT BOY play?

:lol:

Well on the forum selection page, I saw this and it made me laugh:

In: hot boy

By: Geoff

We had a semi-lengthy discussion on the subject several years ago on the album page. I even spoke to the drummer, and we were going to meet and discuss the entire project at length, but it just didn't happen.

I still live near Poretland (have most of my life) and purchased the CD new back in about 1991 from a little place called Locals Only (all Portland area musicians). Anyway, back in the late 90's I traded a few used copies I found around town to PJ (remember him) and he sold them for a rather large bounty. After that I continued to look and was able to locate two more used copies. I sold one to a guy from Japan for $399.00, and another (lesser quality copy) to someone else in Japan for like $250.00. Neither lasted on ebay more than about one hour.

Those of you who haven't been around these parts forever, or ebay since its inception might think I'm bullshitting, but I'm not, not one bit. There were times back in about 1997 or 1998 rare 80's rock and metal CD's were selling for $500.00 to $1,000.00 and up ON A DAILY BASIS on ebay (PJ made a KILLING back then). CD's like Stryper TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL (Japan), Chastain RULER OF THE WASTELAND (Japan) Apocrypha FORGOTTEN SCROLL (Japan) and many many, MANY more were setting records each and every day.

Anyway, from what I gather Scream (vocals) was the only "real" member of HOT BOY, and the other guys were local hired musicians. If you check out the video for YOUNG, WILD AND FREE on ebay, notice the lead singer is NOT the same guy as the one on the CD cover. But that's another story :)

I actually have at least 5 or 6 sealed copies of BARELY LEGAL on cassette tape. You think the CD is rare, has anyone else ever seen a copy of the cassette? Not that rare necessarily means valuable... ahh, you know what I mean.

• 10 years later...
  • My Little Pony
13 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I think Karpet was the "hot boy" that Geoff was "in". 

Did you just call me hot? Is this you coming out?

• Haha 1