Iced Earth releasing a new album and live DVD this year!

Dark Star

Over on Blabbermouth is a lil blurb from an interview with John Schaffer of Iced Earth and it looks AWESOME!!!!

ICED EARTH Mainman JON SCHAFFER Interviewed By METAL INJECTION (Video) - Feb. 17, 2011

Metal Injection correspondent Noa conducted an interview with ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer during the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise — which set sail from Miami, Florida to Cozumel, Mexico on January 24 and returned four days later. You can now watch the chat below.

ICED EARTH is hard at work on its tenth studio album, due later this year via Century Media Records.

Unlike 2008's "The Crucible Of Man" and 2007's "Framing Armageddon", the new CD won't be a conceptual effort. Instead, band leader Jon Schaffer promises a return to the raw-and-heavy sound of ICED EARTH's classic fan-favorite albums.

"I can tell you from the riffs and the attitude behind it," he said, "this is going to be a bad-ass record. This is inspired, focused, and to the point. This is really heavy stuff. It's a kick in the nuts."

He added: "People probably think I don't have it in me any more. But they're going to be proved wrong about that. I can tell you this: we're coming back with a vengeance. We're out for blood."

This promises to be a grand year for Schaffer and company. Not only will ICED EARTH release a new album (followed by a world tour — which management promises will take the band to countries it hasn't previously played), but the band will also release its long-awaited six-hour, three-concert live DVD, "Festivals Of The Wicked", this spring. In addition, the band will make appearancess at five European festival dates this summer, including at Ilosaarirock on July 16 in Joensuu, Finland and the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10 in Sölvesborg, Sweden. More shows will be announced soon.

ICED EARTH's most recent full-length studio album, "The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Part II)", sold 6,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD continued where ICED EARTH's 2007 release, "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part I)" left off.

"The Crucible of Man" featured the return of frontman Matt Barlow who was mainman/guitarist Jon Schaffer's original voice of choice to introduce the "Something Wicked" saga back in 1998 as a trio of songs which concluded their album, "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

I can't wait for the new CD and the Live DVD!!!! :headbanger:

The live DVD, I can take or leave... but I like this bit:

"I can tell you from the riffs and the attitude behind it," he said, "this is going to be a bad-ass record. This is inspired, focused, and to the point. This is really heavy stuff. It's a kick in the nuts."

He added: "People probably think I don't have it in me any more. But they're going to be proved wrong about that. I can tell you this: we're coming back with a vengeance. We're out for blood."

...Yea, well, you better be, Jon, cuz the last two albums have pretty much sucked rocks... thank God this one isn't scheduled to continue with the concept vein of those cuz if it was, I'd be like "Ehhh, f*ck you. Check please."

I didn't hate the last two discs at all I just think the trilogy thing go built up with huge expectations and they didn't live up but IMO the Ripper disc was the best of the two as it had at least a few really memorable songs. Looking forward to the new disc and hope it rocks. :headbanger: