Pretty Boy Floyd split up?

Captain Howdy

Seems that Kristy and Steve have once again fallen out, with Kristy saying he is done with PBF cause Steve has cancelled tour dates due to not wanting to lose a DJing job.

To be honest, it all sounds a bit one sided at the moment as Steve hasnt said anything, but seeing as Kristy has said that the last two dates for PBF tour will be without him and some other band member due to prior engagements (or something like that), sounds like its a case of both of them not wanting to commit to the band or touring.

I do laugh though at all the people on the friends lists either defending one party or the other, despite not knowing either of them personally, or demanding answers.

I love PBF but this all sounds a bit schoolyard for my liking.

Honestly, I will always love this band as they have one of the classic albums under their belt, but my question would be what are they really splitting up from anyway? It's not like they've actually done anything worthwhile since 1999, imo.

At the end of the day, whatever Steve Summers sings on next is just going to sound like PBF anyway, regardless of who else is in the band. :)

I wouldnt say its that at all.

Kristy is being quite vocal in his comments on Steve, and Steve is just keeping quiet.

The whole thing with cancellation of their upcoming tour dates and the fact an album that was just due for release is now looking like it wont happen, just damages their rep rather than make people want them to reform.

Regardless of what peoples opinions are of the band since the debut, they have been a solid touring band since the initial reformation, always selling out the smaller clubs all over the world.

For them to constantly keep coming back to Europe, they must have been doing reasonably well considering how much that costs a band.

Steve continued on without Kristy last time they fell out, and I am sure that Steve will probably consider it again, unless he really doesnt want to lose the DJing job.

Personally I have liked pretty much everything they have done, but I am not about to jump on a band wagon saying shit about either of them as I really dont know them.

Only one I have ever met is Steve, and he was a really nice guy both times, and thats all that matters to me.

I will say though, Kristy does regularly throw hissy fits on his Facebook when something upsets him, so its really no surprise that sooner or later Steve would piss him off again.

Ok, things deteriorated even more over the last week to the point that Steve and Kristy unfriended themselves on Facebook from eachother.

Kristy was saying that any orders for PBF stuff were not his obligation but Steves, and Steve was saying that Kristy had taken all the money and had kept it all to himself.

Today, both of them had statuses saying that all the dates were to go ahead as normal, and that after the tour they would be taking a break. They are now both friends again on Facebook.

TBH, I dont know the ins and outs of it, but a lot of it just seems down to Kristy throwing a wobbler as usual (he has threatened to unfriend people if they are friends with two of the guys who are in EZN in the past), and once he calmed down, he realised his error.

Steve thankfully kept quiet most of the time, and only stuck up for himself when people were being told it was his responsibility to fulfill the orders.

No idea where this leaves the new album though.

Ok, things deteriorated even more over the last week to the point that Steve and Kristy unfriended themselves on Facebook from eachother.

Kristy was saying that any orders for PBF stuff were not his obligation but Steves, and Steve was saying that Kristy had taken all the money and had kept it all to himself.

Today, both of them had statuses saying that all the dates were to go ahead as normal, and that after the tour they would be taking a break. They are now both friends again on Facebook.

TBH, I dont know the ins and outs of it, but a lot of it just seems down to Kristy throwing a wobbler as usual (he has threatened to unfriend people if they are friends with two of the guys who are in EZN in the past), and once he calmed down, he realised his error.

Steve thankfully kept quiet most of the time, and only stuck up for himself when people were being told it was his responsibility to fulfill the orders.

No idea where this leaves the new album though.

Guess they kissed and made up... Pretty Boy Floyd has reconfirmed their date and are again scheduled to appear at M3 in early May.