The Poodles - Performocracy OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

whiplash1972

Don't care for this band at all....

I often compare them to Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe since they all came out around the same time but I prefer Wig Wam but The Poodles are good too but I don't have all of their releases.

Don't care for this band at all....

I often compare them to Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe since they all came out around the same time but I prefer Wig Wam but The Poodles are good too but I don't have all of their releases.

I also prefer Wig Wam by quite a bit, but I will admit that the last 2 The Poodles CDs are probably both better than Wig Wam's last one. Hoping for a killer 4th effort from Wig Wam, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had it for a few weeks and true, it does get better with more spins. However, I still think it's the album with the fewest great songs and the most fillers.

The best tracks are by far 'Bring Back The Night' (the chorus of the year...so far) 'Cuts Like A Knife', 'I Want It All' and 'Vampire's Call'. I also appreciate the ballad' As Time Is Passing', huge vocals, a bit slow compared to some of the bands other ballads.

If it was up to me, I'd get rid of tracks 4,7,9 and the bonus track. With the 9 remaining tracks, I'd add one more ballad similar to 'One Out Of Ten' or 'Shine' and you'd have yourself a great 10 track release. 13 to 14 tracks are not necessary from a band that puts out a new album out every 18 to 24 months, too much filler seems to find its way unto their releases.

I've had it for a few weeks and true, it does get better with more spins. However, I still think it's the album with the fewest great songs and the most fillers.

The best tracks are by far 'Bring Back The Night' (the chorus of the year...so far) 'Cuts Like A Knife', 'I Want It All' and 'Vampire's Call'. I also appreciate the ballad' As Time Is Passing', huge vocals, a bit slow compared to some of the bands other ballads.

If it was up to me, I'd get rid of tracks 4,7,9 and the bonus track. With the 9 remaining tracks, I'd add one more ballad similar to 'One Out Of Ten' or 'Shine' and you'd have yourself a great 10 track release. 13 to 14 tracks are not necessary from a band that puts out a new album out every 18 to 24 months, too much filler seems to find its way unto their releases.

The only song I don't care for is "Action" as that song is horrible but besides that I like all of them.

The only song I don't care for is "Action" as that song is horrible but besides that I like all of them.

I have to admit I actually enjoy all the songs. Some better than the others, but I'm still thinking this may be their best CD yet. :)

'Action' is probably the worst song, though.

Compared to 'Sweet trade,' which imo was mostly filler, this is a million times better.

i kinda dig 'Sweet Trade', but definitely that's their weakest,

and ditto on this being their best :headbanger:

Originally I hated 'Sweet Trade.' I did come around to not minding the second half of it, but imo there's no doubt it's by far their weakest yet. :)