What 10 songs perfectly describe your musical taste?

Glen

• My Little Pony

You lot are so cute, saying your lists are so diverse and old.

This has not been easy, and I'm still not really happy with it. But, at this moment in time, this is a pretty good indication of my musical tastes.

In chronological order:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mission is one of 'ryche tracks that I could still manage to listen till the end today. Not that I like many of them. Probably I'm only spinning En Force (Half the Warning is my fave 'ryche).

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again

Harem Scarem - Stranger Than Love

Alias - After All the Love is Gone

Bad English - Straight to Your Heart

Def Leppard - Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad

Warrant - Heaven

Lou Gramm - Just Between You And Me

Diving For Pearls - New Moon

The Distance - On the Tail of a Hurricane

Dare - Abandon

For me it was really hard to pick just 10 songs. But like others I go for catchy songs with huge choruses.

Just reading my list again and probably wouldn't change a thing...10 of the very best right there.

And the next five, not that anyone gives a phlying phuk what I listen to anyway.

You posts songs like the ones you just did and act like you don't understand why everyone hates you I mean doesn't care what you listen to?

• My Little Pony

And the next five, not that anyone gives a phlying phuk what I listen to anyway.

You posts songs like the ones you just did and act like you don't understand why everyone hates you I mean doesn't care what you listen to?

Oh, there are plenty of reasons to hate me: I'm smart, and beautiful, and every time I go trolling you bite, and I live in the best country in the world (well, right behind Germany. But I'm also German, so add that to the list).

Oh, there are plenty of reasons to hate me: I'm smart, and beautiful, and every time I go trolling you bite, and I live in the best country in the world (well, right behind Germany. But I'm also German, so add that to the list).

$(KGrHqR,!pQE-vz4k!ITBP5Lz+Jg5Q~~60_35.J

For me Scared is an OK song.

Agree that there are MANY better including the 3 listed above.

Pissed is a killer album. Shits all over the first 2 for me.

r*tist is also amazing IMO, but most won't agree.

I always think people lump it in the same categories as The Elder, Belly To Belly, Chinese Democracy etc.

Alternative vibe to it, but if you take away the surrounding songs, some really stand out like Heard It All, Transmission, Better To Die and of course Cure the Sane :)

Truer words have never been spoken......the Pissed album is monstrous!! I think of Strange and Promise the Moon right off the top of my head as tunes that just totally rawk......of course the title track is a monster too. Such a great underrated and overlooked album!

• My Little Pony

For me Scared is an OK song.

Agree that there are MANY better including the 3 listed above.

Pissed is a killer album. Shits all over the first 2 for me.

r*tist is also amazing IMO, but most won't agree.

I always think people lump it in the same categories as The Elder, Belly To Belly, Chinese Democracy etc.

Alternative vibe to it, but if you take away the surrounding songs, some really stand out like Heard It All, Transmission, Better To Die and of course Cure the Sane :)

Truer words have never been spoken......the Pissed album is monstrous!! I think of Strange and Promise the Moon right off the top of my head as tunes that just totally rawk......of course the title track is a monster too. Such a great underrated and overlooked album!

I've always avoided everything past their debut, 'cause the general consensus is that it's the only one worth having. Perhaps I should look into this.

• My Little Pony

Mmm i wouldnt bother if i was you. Stick with the debut. But lets face it - that is not a world beater either.

Truu.

This is a cool topic....and, yes....due to the nature of my love for music (like most here) it is extremely difficult to nail down 10 because my tastes cross genres, etc. but......here goes...not picking ten..lol:

Duran Duran - Save a Prayer

OMD - Secret

Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now

Adam Ant - Desperate but Serious

Gary Numan - Down in the Park

Enya - Only Time

Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie

Autograph - Send Her to Me

Dokken - Sleepless Night

Ratt - Lay It Down

KISS - Love Gun

Von Groove - House of Dreams

Loverboy - Gangs in the Street

Hardline - In the Hands of Time

Disciple - Game On

Story of the Year - Antidote

The Academy Is.....- Summer Hair = Forever Young

Kill Hannah - Lips Like Morphine

• My Little Pony

This is a cool topic....and, yes....due to the nature of my love for music (like most here) it is extremely difficult to nail down 10 because my tastes cross genres, etc. but......here goes...not picking ten..lol:

Yup. I enjoyed the challenge of picking only ten. So I had to choose songs that contained multiple genres: Earth, Wind & Fire took care of Funk, Soul and R&B, Genesis takes care of Classic Rock and Progressive Rock, Queensryche is Progressive Rock and 80's Heavy Metal, Electric Boys cover Funk and Hard Rock, and Jamiroquai take care of Funk, Jazz and Reggae. And each one of those songs is, I believe, the epitome of their respective genres.

10 songs? Impossible. I couldn't even begin to whittle a list down to a mere 10.

Me too. I like so many different things, it's an impossible task

• My Little Pony

Its not your 10 favourite songs - its 10 song that best describe your musical taste.

Exactly. I was gonna point that out, but I figured it'd fall on deaf ears.

It's still a difficult task, though.

Warrior Soul-WeCry Out

Spread Eagle-Switchblade Serenade

Enuff Z Nuff-Hollywood Squares

Dan Reed Network-Forgot To Make Her Mine

Stray Cats-Stray Cat Strut

D'Molls-Action &/or D'Stroll

Metal Church-Metal Church

Paul Simon-Kodachrome

The Upper Crust-Let Them Eat Rock

Elvis-Suspicious Minds

Sure there area boatload more of great songs that make my style but that is a good summary, however I would need a few more to really round me out. Like:

Sir Mix A Lot-My Pose's On Broadway

Johnny Cash-San Quinton

Santo & Johny- Sleepwalk

Junkyard-Hands Off

Jellyfish-I Want To Stay Home

Danny Elfman-Anything orchestral will do however The Nighmare Before Christmas soundtrack is quintessential.

SOD-Ode To Jimmy Hendrix

Carly Simon-My Romance

SR71-Right Now

It's been a while so I'll try to make a list again.

The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider

The Marshall Tucker Band - Heard It In A Love Song

Thunderhead - Busted In Georgia

Carillo - Under The Gun

Powerglide - Lonely One

Poco - When It All Began

Sibling Revelry - Victory

Steve Camp - Living In Laodicea

Michael Morales - Romeo

Joe Bonamassa - How Deep This River Runs

You can always turn the hands of time with this monster :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

I didn't see you post this. I think I may have listened to this traxk more than the rest of the album. I just love this song.