Most under-rated disc of 2010?

Geoff

I think there has not been nearly enough love for Parasite City - Minstrels Creed.

Was spinning this again on friday, and i find it just as good as Crashdiet, and better than Distored Wonderland.... yet i barely hear others mention it.

Yeah, I hate saying it because Jeff is so into it, but I really didn't enjoy that album one tiny bit. It blows my mind to see comparisons to Crashdiet or even Distorted Wonderland, but to each their own, I guess. I love this style of music too, but Parasite City are a band I would pass on without hesitation.

Totally agree with Glen's All I Know shout. Finished in 10th spot for me and was one of the real surprises of the year. Love it.

I think there has not been nearly enough love for Parasite City - Minstrels Creed.

Was spinning this again on friday, and i find it just as good as Crashdiet, and better than Distored Wonderland.... yet i barely hear others mention it.

Yeah, I hate saying it because Jeff is so into it, but I really didn't enjoy that album one tiny bit. It blows my mind to see comparisons to Crashdiet or even Distorted Wonderland, but to each their own, I guess. I love this style of music too, but Parasite City are a band I would pass on without hesitation.

Totally agree with Glen's All I Know shout. Finished in 10th spot for me and was one of the real surprises of the year. Love it.

Parasite City play the same stuff as Distorted Wonderland ... only better. As a compasrions i'd say these 2 are closer in style than any comparions with crashdiet or hardcore superstar. DW maybe a tad heavier than PC.

Also, another 2010 release that was we'll and truly over looked was Nasty Nuns. (this has just been re-released by demondoll with different cover art). They're a cross between early Tigertailz and Loud n Nasty. Sensational stuff!

Parasite City play the same stuff as Distorted Wonderland ... only better. As a compasrions i'd say these 2 are closer in style than any comparions with crashdiet or hardcore superstar. DW maybe a tad heavier than PC.

Also, another 2010 release that was we'll and truly over looked was Nasty Nuns. (this has just been re-released by demondoll with different cover art). They're a cross between early Tigertailz and Loud n Nasty. Sensational stuff!

That Nasty Nuns one was only released digitally right at the end of the year, wasn't it? Happy to see it's got a physical release on Demondoll as I think it sounded pretty good, so I'll be sure to check it out in 2011.

As for Parasite City / Distorted Wonderland, they may play a similar style but if that's the case then DW wipes the floor with them in terms of song-writing. :)

That Nasty Nuns one was only released digitally right at the end of the year, wasn't it? Happy to see it's got a physical release on Demondoll as I think it sounded pretty good, so I'll be sure to check it out in 2011.

No, Nasty Nuns 100% definitely got a physical cd release in 2010. I picked it up (with the help or Bernd, as they couln not take paypal)and spin it regularly.

m_df98f913d31940edbd789125c09d9740.jpg

No, Nasty Nuns 100% definitely got a physical cd release in 2010. I picked it up (with the help or Bernd, as they couln not take paypal)and spin it regularly.

m_df98f913d31940edbd789125c09d9740.jpg

Nice. Give it to me then, please.

As for Parasite City / Distorted Wonderland, they may play a similar style but if that's the case then DW wipes the floor with them in terms of song-writing. :)

The Parasite City is okay and has a few really good songs IMO but in no way should be mentioned in the same breath as Hardcore Superstar or Crashdiet and IMHO Distorted Wonderland kicks the shit out of them. The DW, HS and CD fire me up and make me wanna jump around and go crazy where there's a few songs on the PC that make me wanna hit the skip button.

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail

Brilliant album.

Yes it is and it gets better with each spin.

Plus I love the variety of different Metal styles from Melodic to progressive to almost thrashy to goth. Very cool stuff and their crowning achievement so far. :party421:

Any check-out tips? Read some rather unimpressed reviewers' comments, but none of them talk about highlights.

Metal:

"Under Blackened Skies"(this tune is killer), "Martyr No More"(more melodic), "Pray for Blood", "Friday the 13".

Goth:

"New Days Dawn"(nice intro vocal from Rich Ward).

MHR:

"Grail", "Broken Soul"(amazing tune should of been a hit), "Watch Me Shine".

Progressive Metal:

"Wormwood"(13 minutes with tons of time changes ala classic Maiden).

Also "God Pounds His Nails", "Revival" and "Let the Madness Begin" is very good tunes as well.

Have to agree 100% with this. Love this type of music, but something about the Parasite City didn't work for me. The songs just did nothing for me and although I like the style of vocals, they just don't seem to fit well with the music in this case. Sorry Jeff (I'll vote for you in the Geoff v Jeff thread to make up for it). ;)

For me the most under rated album of 2010 would be the new Brian Howe disc 'Circus Bar'. I know ISSA rated somewhere on my list. I liked the album quite a lot but hadn't given it enough play to rate it higher. I'm giving it another play right now.

For me the most under rated album of 2010 would be the new Brian Howe disc 'Circus Bar'. I know ISSA rated somewhere on my list. I liked the album quite a lot but hadn't given it enough play to rate it higher. I'm giving it another play right now.

Yeah backed on the Brain Howe....I must confess to not owning that disc, which is odd as the couple of tracks I heard (on You Tube etc) actually sounded great. Will need to investigate further. Cheers