Firefest 2011

Glen

Pete, you made it! First up on the Sunday!!!

Well done my son!!!!

This is so awesome for these guys. Now everyone in the UK will get to see how great a live band these guys are. Congrats to Pete, Mark, Angelo, Ronnie and Tommy. :headbanger:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I am officially psyched! Sorry I couldn't say anything prior, I was give EXPLICIT instructions not to. See some of you in October I hope!

:D

Quality! Nice one mate, really pleased for you. Great answers to the previous posts on here. If they do decide to let you play a warm up gig in London that would rock, as I don't think the Firefest lineup is for me really.

I'm so skint this year that I hope there are lots of bands that most other HH-ers love and I don't, e.g. Treat, FM, Poodles, etc. That way it keeps you other fellas happy and I won't be too gutted to miss out.

Looks like I got my wish! (Other than Farcry, of course; gutted to miss seeing them hit the UK.)

I'm so skint this year that I hope there are lots of bands that most other HH-ers love and I don't, e.g. Treat, FM, Poodles, etc. That way it keeps you other fellas happy and I won't be too gutted to miss out.

Looks like I got my wish! (Other than Farcry, of course; gutted to miss seeing them hit the UK.)

saddo...the line up is great!!!! ;-))

Ah, sorry to hear that mate, but I totally understand. No point on spending the coin to see one or two bands out of 7 that you'd like. Hopefully we'll get over there again at some point. :headbanger:

Full line up (headliner first)

Fri

Jimi Jamison

Terry Brock (solo)

Houston

Sat

Warrant

Steve Augeri

Strangeways

Jeff Paris

Silent Rage

Vega

Talon

Sun

Unruly Child

Coney Hatch

Mitch Malloy

Kane Roberts

Alien (original line up!)

White Widdow

Farcry

Sunday is ridiculously strong.....i'll be there Sunday for sure and hopefully Saturday too. Friday is almost sold out, so looks like a non-starter, but ive seen them all anyway (or will have by October!).

Cheers

I can see how some folks would love this line up. If Strangeways, Coney Hatch and Farcry were on the same day I might be tempted. The headliners put me off the most; I'd leave before either band if I went on Saturday or Sunday!

I could do without the Friday line-up and a few of the others, but overall it's a pretty sweet line-up. Sunday looks like the pick of the days, especially if they replaced Coney Hatch with Vega. Though Jeff Paris, Warrant or Silent Rage would be pretty sweet too. :)

Either way, huge congrats to you and the guys, Pete. That'll be so awesome for you guys, plus you get to see some of your peers in action too! :)

I could do without the Friday line-up and a few of the others, but overall it's a pretty sweet line-up. Sunday looks like the pick of the days, especially if they replaced Coney Hatch with Vega. Though Jeff Paris, Warrant or Silent Rage would be pretty sweet too. :)

Either way, huge congrats to you and the guys, Pete. That'll be so awesome for you guys, plus you get to see some of your peers in action too! :)

Pretty awesome line up! We are so lucky to have Firefest here in the UK!

I would have loved to see the Friday, but just cant afford the cash or another days holiday! Jimi will be awesome no doubt....the set he does is almost exclusively Survivor....he was brilliant last year.

Cheers

Pretty awesome line up! We are so lucky to have Firefest here in the UK!

I would have loved to see the Friday, but just cant afford the cash or another days holiday! Jimi will be awesome no doubt....the set he does is almost exclusively Survivor....he was brilliant last year.

Cheers

I think Friday would be sweet, well, under any circumstances for someone like me who just doesn't get to see artists like this, but in your guys' situations, I think if it came down to it I could easily skip it too. Maybe for a few dollars it'd be okay but I have no real desire to see Jamison, Houston are pretty good but I don't need to see them and Brock's set would be cool, but the whole time I'd be missing Slamer's stamp on the songs. :)

Saturday and Sunday will more than make up for missing it, I dare say. Can't believe Kane Roberts is there. That would be so awesome.

On another note, very happy for Jules and the White Widdow guys too. Big congrats to them too, for getting a place on the bill. Very well deserved.

Sunday looks cool for the most part but the rest..... ho-hum. :whistle:

Backed. Definitely tempted to pick up a ticket for the Sunday, even the rest doesn't interest me at all...

Backed. Definitely tempted to pick up a ticket for the Sunday, even the rest doesn't interest me at all...

It'll be good to catch you for a beer on the Sunday mate...hopefully Coney Hatch might entice the Jez-ter along as well.

I'll happily fill you in with what awesomeness you missed on the Saturday then!! lol

Just for the record...

Silent Rage set will be almost exclusively their first 2 albums

Jeff Paris is doing a fan request set (ie first 2 albums!) with guest guitar from Tommy Denander

Strangeways are exclusively playing the whole of 'Walk In The Fire'

Augeri backing band will be Valentine and the set will be 2/3 Journey songs.

Sounds pretty sweet to me :-))

Cheers

It'll be good to catch you for a beer on the Sunday mate...hopefully Coney Hatch might entice the Jez-ter along as well.

I'll happily fill you in with what awesomeness you missed on the Saturday then!! lol

Just for the record...

Jeff Paris is doing a fan request set (ie first 2 albums!) with guest guitar from Tommy Denander

Cheers

Yeah that Silent Rage set would probably be pretty awesome, Strangeways sounds kind of good too and Jeff Paris would be interesting. But what about Vega? I thought Tim was quite fond of them, no?

Just for the record...

Cheers

Yeah that Silent Rage set would probably be pretty awesome, Strangeways sounds kind of good too and Jeff Paris would be interesting. But what about Vega? I thought Tim was quite fond of them, no?

Yeah Vega and Strangeways would be the bands I'd see on Saturday, but none of the others. Sunday is clearly the pick, especially with Farcry headlining. Surprised to see Unruly Child going on first though?!

Yeah Vega and Strangeways would be the bands I'd see on Saturday, but none of the others. Sunday is clearly the pick, especially with Farcry headlining. Surprised to see Unruly Child going on first though?!

:lol:

Hahaha, well what with our extensive one album catalog, Mark/Marcie's career pales by comparison.... ;)

I do like that when you go the Firefest site, ours is the first band name that pops up... :headbanger:

Hahaha, well what with our extensive one album catalog, Mark/Marcie's career pales by comparison.... ;)

I do like that when you go the Firefest site, ours is the first band name that pops up... :headbanger:

Nice.

Will it just be a weekend in England for you guys then?

Nice.

Will it just be a weekend in England for you guys then?

Most likely just the weekend, if my wife comes along (and that's a big IF), we'll probably stay a few extra days and check things out, we both absolutely LOVE traveling internationally. :)

Most likely just the weekend, if my wife comes along (and that's a big IF), we'll probably stay a few extra days and check things out, we both absolutely LOVE traveling internationally. :)

Cool, hope you get to London.

Cool, hope you get to London.

Me too! Haven't been since our honeymoon in '96.

I`m not going but if I did, the below would be highlights for me......

Jimi Jamison would be great to see. :bowdown:

Steve Augeri is someone I`d like to see again, good singer.

Srangeways I liked a while back

Alien - original line up and playing all of the classic debut album. :bowdown: