Firefest 2011

Glen

FIREFEST 2011 - TICKET AND VENUE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Press Release / "Hi Guys and Gals, First of all, on behalf of EVERYONE involved in Firefest, let me thank you for your continued support. It's truly amazing the interest and belief you show in us each year. The amount of e-mails and messages we receive from people continue to prove to us that there is still a huge demand for Firefest and the melodic hard rock genre that we proudly represent.

Firefest 2011 will be a three day event. Friday night will take place at Trent University, Nottingham whilst Saturday and Sunday will take place at Rock City, Nottingham.

We are currently putting the finishing touches to the background work that needs to be completed, updating the web site, checking and rechecking hotels, flights, venues, designing artwork, posters etc. etc., which we will have completed by the latter end of this week. The full announcement will take place on the Steve Price Show on ARFM (www.arfm.co.uk) on Sunday January 30th between 6pm and 9pm GMT. If you are listening in from Europe that is 7pm CET. Listeners in the USA can check here (www.worldtimezone.com) for your local time that corresponds to 6pm GMT.

We're not going to give the game away just yet, but we will tell you we have 17 bands over 3 days, 13 of which will be making their first appearance at Firefest. One or two surprises, which for some reason has become the norm, and one or two nailed on favourites making a most welcome return.

What we would ask of you is that you continue to show us your support by purchasing tickets EARLY directly from Firefest as it helps us enormously to deal with the HUGE costs involved in staging the show every year. We will be offering an early bird incentive to save those that purchase tickets early a nice discount on Saturday and Sunday tickets in return for your immediate support.

As usual, we are devoid of any major commercial sponsors (what's new ??) and apart from a few dedicated and superbly generous individuals, once again we have to paddle our own canoe with regard to the £100,000 cost of staging this event. If you're in a position to bring any type of sponsorship or finance to the table please do not hesitate to contact any member of the team and we will be pleased to discuss any suggestions that you may have.

So, there you have it folks, all will be revealed on Sunday January 30, and I know I'm not the only member of the team that is excited by the prospect of seeing the show, in fact everybody involved has deemed this line up to be right up there with the best.

We look forward to seeing you all in Nottingham once again for Firefest, and please do feel free to contact us through the website or Facebook with any comments or suggestions you feel are relevant.

WebLinks: www.thefirefest.com or www.facebook.com (Firefest Official)

Finally, to those of you who will be partying their way through the Steve Price show next Sunday night (Hi Alice, Dean Buckley and the rest of the Welsh gang!!) we hope you will raise a glass with us at the end of the announcement in approval of the prospect of another fine weekend of melodic hard rock!"

Cheers...Kieran, Bruce and the gang."

No announcement of date yet, but I assume it will be last weekend in Oct as per usual.

Cheers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I wonder if Mr Fry will be making it across the pond??

Either way, we in the FarCry camp are blown away by the support we've received from our UK friends! I like to think even if we don't make the cut, at least we made an impression! But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part... ;)

Either way, we in the FarCry camp are blown away by the support we've received from our UK friends! I like to think even if we don't make the cut, at least we made an impression! But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part... ;)

Firefest 2011 will be a worse place without you guys.....hopefully one day!

Cheers

Firefest 2011 will be a worse place without you guys.....hopefully one day!

Cheers

I'll be listening to the ARFM broadcast myself... if not this year, we'll push even harder for next year!

I really want to see BROTHER FIRETRIBE and BAD HABIT there, plus maybe H.E.A.T. A bit of a Scandi line-up would be awesome.

I really want to see BROTHER FIRETRIBE and BAD HABIT there, plus maybe H.E.A.T. A bit of a Scandi line-up would be awesome.

Backed on the first 2. HEAT again............mmmm. How about Work Of Art...love to see those guys!

3 days of Firefest, wow ! :) I really think based on the rumours on who's playing, it's the best Firefest line up ever.

what rumours are they? No one really knows except the FF crew???? its all guess work otherwise.

I'm so skint this year that I hope there are lots of bands that most other HH-ers love and I don't, e.g. Treat, FM, Poodles, etc. That way it keeps you other fellas happy and I won't be too gutted to miss out.

I'm so skint this year that I hope there are lots of bands that most other HH-ers love and I don't, e.g. Treat, FM, Poodles, etc. That way it keeps you other fellas happy and I won't be too gutted to miss out.

Oh God, not FM again..........pleeeeease. I like FM and their first 2 albums are rightly deemed to be classic AOR albums, but last time they played I almost fell asleep, it was soooo safe.

I could take or leave the Poodles live as well.

Here's what I'd quite like to see -

Ted Poley (solo set)

Terry Brock (solo set)

Pride of Lions

Work Of Art

Treat (playing the whole of 'Coup De Grace')

Brother Firetribe

Vega

White Widdow

Jimi Jamison (headlining this time)

Allen / Lande

HEAT (actually I wouldnt mind seeing them again!)

Farcry

Silent Rage (playing the whole of 'Dont Touch Me There')

Bad Habit

First Signal (with Hess)

Marcello/Vestry

Ratt

Unruly Child

Joe Lynn Turner (solo)

OK that's actually 19 (not 17)......but some of those and i'd be a happy bunny!

Cheers

Oh God, not FM again..........pleeeeease. I like FM and their first 2 albums are rightly deemed to be classic AOR albums, but last time they played I almost fell asleep, it was soooo safe.

I could take or leave the Poodles live as well.

Here's what I'd quite like to see -

Ted Poley (solo set)

Terry Brock (solo set)

Pride of Lions

Work Of Art

Treat (playing the whole of 'Coup De Grace')

Brother Firetribe

Vega

White Widdow

Jimi Jamison (headlining this time)

Allen / Lande

HEAT (actually I wouldnt mind seeing them again!)

Farcry

Silent Rage (playing the whole of 'Dont Touch Me There')

Bad Habit

First Signal (with Hess)

Marcello/Vestry

Ratt

Unruly Child

Joe Lynn Turner (solo)

OK that's actually 19 (not 17)......but some of those and i'd be a happy bunny!

Cheers

Take out Ratt, Work of Art and Mr Poley and you're welcome to them! ;)

Farcry

:anon:

Oops! Sorry, missed that one. No offence! I would definitely be keen to see your band, it would be cool to chat about it on here afterwards. Apologies again. Maybe I should :shutup: and :gone: now...

Farcry

:anon:

Oops! Sorry, missed that one. No offence! I would definitely be keen to see your band, it would be cool to chat about it on here afterwards. Apologies again. Maybe I should :shutup: and :gone: now...

:lol: No worries man, not like we're a big name or anything. Just hoping to get on the bill! :headbanger:

:lol: No worries man, not like we're a big name or anything. Just hoping to get on the bill! :headbanger:

I hope you do too, that would be very cool. Have you played the UK before? Reckon you might try to get a support slot and do a bit of touring while you were here if you got on the bill?

I hope you do too, that would be very cool. Have you played the UK before? Reckon you might try to get a support slot and do a bit of touring while you were here if you got on the bill?

Yeah, while you are in Europe you could come to Munich/Germany as well !!! :party421::beerbang:

:lol:

Yeah, while you are in Europe you could come to Munich/Germany as well !!! :party421::beerbang:

:lol:

Hey, might as well do a tour of Europe while you're at it! I've heard that Tiziana Arrigoni is a good tour manager... ;)

Well... if we do get on the bill (and that's a big IF of course! :lol: ), my understanding is that you cannot book other dates in Europe around The Firefest. That's Kieran's rule and in many ways it makes sense as he tries to put together a show featuring bands that you just won't be able to see otherwise. :)

Well... if we do get on the bill (and that's a big IF of course! :lol: ), my understanding is that you cannot book other dates in Europe around The Firefest. That's Kieran's rule and in many ways it makes sense as he tries to put together a show featuring bands that you just won't be able to see otherwise. :)

Pete, surely youd know by now if you were on the bill - would nt they have needed your confirmation?

Here's hoping eh....I'd love to see your band.

Any news on a release date yet for the new album??

Cheers

Pete, surely youd know by now if you were on the bill - would nt they have needed your confirmation?

Here's hoping eh....I'd love to see your band.

Any news on a release date yet for the new album??

Cheers

That's true... unless they talked to the label... I guess that doesn't bode too well then does it... :anon:

Release date for the album is as yet undefined, but we are so almost there it's not funny. I just don't want to give another date out and have it be wrong... again... ;)

Holy shit the Friday night line up is awesome -

Jimi Jamison

Terry Brock solo (playing with the guys from Valentine)

Houston

I might have to change the habit of a lifetime (well 5 years at least) and go on the friday!

Cheers

Pete, you made it! First up on the Sunday!!!

Well done my son!!!!

Tell us more! What's the bill? Can't see anything on the website yet...