Jeff Beck-Amazing Grace

eyesis

Between the Steelheart version of Hallelujah (and Bon Jovi) and now this, this spiritual stuff is really starting to grow on me. (Not that I didn't like it/them before, but it just seems I'm finding more of them lately/finding them more to my liking.)

I'm sure there's an album with "our" type of music playing these songs; I'd be interested to hear it.

Between the Steelheart version of Hallelujah (and Bon Jovi) and now this, this spiritual stuff is really starting to grow on me.

I'm sure there's an album with "our" type of music playing these songs; I'd be interested to hear it.

Check out P.K. Mitchell's "All Hail the Power--The Rock Hymns Project" if you're craving classic gospel songs reworked in a hard rockin' metal style. There's also Rock Power Praise: "Volume 1--The Hymns", produced by the legendary John & Dino Elefante, which is a little more in the 80s melodic hard rock vein in its approach to reimagining the tunes.

Or you can just ignore my recommendations and continue to fantasize about you & Geoff in the nude accompanied by a jar of Jiffy Extra-Chunky peanut butter. :banana:

I was digging for those CDs tonight, with no luck. (At least through iTunes and Amazon.)

Any ideas on a quick fix for finding the tunes? Discs seem kind of old (at least from what I remember reading).

I was digging for those CDs tonight, with no luck. (At least through iTunes and Amazon.)

Any ideas on a quick fix for finding the tunes? Discs seem kind of old (at least from what I remember reading).

Here's PK Mitchell's myspace page:

PK Mitchell myspace

The video for his hard rock version of "Amazing Grace" starts playing automatically, then you can also sample some other songs as well, enough to give you an idea whether or not you want to track down the album (which, for what it's worth, is currently available on eBay for around $12). I had no luck finding samples for the Rock Power Praise: "Volume 1--The Hymns." I think it was released in '89 or '90, somewhere around there, on Pakaderm Records, so it's probably a bit hard to find these days. Well worth the time, effort, and expense, in my opinion, but I'm a big sucker for that Elefante brothers production sound/style.