TOP 100 MOST ANTICIPATED ALBUMS OF 2011

David

Anyone else thinking "I havnt bought everything i wanted from 2009 and 2010 yet.. how can i afford all this next year?"

Yes, absolutely. Plus I'll have less money than ever next year, so it's looking bleak. And all this is without any re-releases that I want to get... :doh:

Anyone else thinking "I havnt bought everything i wanted from 2009 and 2010 yet.. how can i afford all this next year?"

Yes, absolutely. Plus I'll have less money than ever next year, so it's looking bleak. And all this is without any re-releases that I want to get... :doh:

Due to my domestic situation (three kids under 4!!), Im still having to listen to loads of releases on Spotify - thank God for that website...its a saviour. In terms of actual discs bought in 2010 its probably around 20 (which with some of the bargain prices on Amazon only works out to about £10-20/month which I can afford), which is the lowest amount for donkeys years.

Petra – TBA (A really classy band musically that I really do like a lot. In my opinion, the bad point to this band is their childish God talk rubbish in their lyrics.)

My understanding is that this will actually be released under the name Classic Petra, as original vocalist Greg X. Volz has returned to the fold, and that it will be closer to the AOR sound of their classic earlier albums such as "More Power to Ya," "Not of This World," & "Beat the System" rather than the hard rock style they adopted when John Schlitt took over singing duties. As for the "childish God talk rubbish lyrics," all I can say is, Petra were one of the first bands to put rock music to bold evangelistic lyrics and they never backed down from that boldness during their 30+ years career. Love the lyrics or hate them, hearing Petra sing about anything other than God/Jesus/Christ/etc. would sound unnatural, kind of like Slayer singing about sunshine, roses, and kisses from cute li'l kittens.

Petra TBA (A really classy band musically that I really do like a lot. In my opinion, the bad point to this band is their childish God talk rubbish in their lyrics.)

My understanding is that this will actually be released under the name Classic Petra, as original vocalist Greg X. Volz has returned to the fold, and that it will be closer to the AOR sound of their classic earlier albums such as "More Power to Ya," "Not of This World," & "Beat the System" rather than the hard rock style they adopted when John Schlitt took over singing duties. As for the "childish God talk rubbish lyrics," all I can say is, Petra were one of the first bands to put rock music to bold evangelistic lyrics and they never backed down from that boldness during their 30+ years career. Love the lyrics or hate them, hearing Petra sing about anything other than God/Jesus/Christ/etc. would sound unnatural, kind of like Slayer singing about sunshine, roses, and kisses from cute li'l kittens.

You do have a jesus radar programmed into your skull that just detects these posts, don't you? :lol: It's unbelievable how you detect them. Crazy God-slurping bastard. ;)

Thanks for the Steel Panther link, Embrock, will check it out asap.

As for the dollars to support all this stuff, I agree with everyone. I've bought I reckon well over 100 CDs from 2010 but there are still at least that many that are on my to-buy list. And now we have to start with another year? :(

As for the dollars to support all this stuff, I agree with everyone. I've bought I reckon well over 100 CDs from 2010 but there are still at least that many that are on my to-buy list. And now we have to start with another year? :(

Its 2010...

Clearly. Get with it man.

One I'd add to my list would be the Rakel Traxx CD on Demon Doll. I've been waiting for this for ages as I love the songs on the band's Myspace page; great sleaze/glam. The album was due out this year, but still hasn't been released. Hopefully it will appear in early 2011.

• 3 months later...

If all that is posted here to come out really comes out, (and at least 50-60% are worth it)what a year we will have! Can't wait!