Kix or Ratt

Kix or Ratt  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearcy cannot even compare to Whiteman stage wise..

You take away Ratt's flashbombs and you got nuthin'.

That is true, Steve rules live, but when you take away Ratt's flashbombs you still have Warren.

I think Warren is the most over-rated guitarist (well there's Joe Perry) in the hair metal genre. I prefer Robbin Crosby's solos in Dancing Undercover.

I'd go with KIX.

That is true, Steve rules live, but when you take away Ratt's flashbombs you still have Warren.

I think Warren is the most over-rated guitarist (well there's Joe Perry) in the hair metal genre. I prefer Robbin Crosby's solos in Dancing Undercover.

I'd go with KIX.

Did you like Detonator?

Th

I'd go with KIX.

Did you like Detonator?

That one (Detonator) is one of Ratt's album that I haven't heard. Last one I heard was the one with Carlos Cavaso. I think I've owned three CDs/tapes each of Ratt and Kix and those are what I base my comparison and choice.

I really do love them both, and as far as a collective body of work goes, Ratt has them, but as far as I'm concerned Kix CD Hot Wire is probably one of the finest discs ever produced in history, I have just always thought it was so much more talented and well done then it ever received credit for, and I just think it's a phenomenal disc.

I really do love them both, and as far as a collective body of work goes, Ratt has them, but as far as I'm concerned Kix CD Hot Wire is probably one of the finest discs ever produced in history, I have just always thought it was so much more talented and well done then it ever received credit for, and I just think it's a phenomenal disc.

Was def a good album but for me their masterpiece was Blow My Fuse. Love it!

I'm with you to a point - 'Hot Wire' is easily my favourite Kix album, but I prefer at least 5 of Ratt's albums to that one. Ratt were incredible back in the day imo.

Second that man, 'Hot Wire' is really their best album, followed by 'Fuse' and then 'Madness', and I agree at least 5 RATT albums is even better than 'Wire', or to pick only 3, I guess 'Out of The Cellar', 'Infestation', and 'Detonator'.

KIX started to pick up the peak late in their career while RATT has been pretty consistent since the beginning. The patchy years of 'Collage' and 'yellow s/t' is probably quite similar to KIX' 'Show Business', so without counting that poor albums, RATT's discography is outweigh KIX, not to mention that I just can't get anything at all from KIX's first two, it's like almost all of em are fillers, but somewhat I always think that Whiteman is always a better singer than Pearcy, although you really can't replace Pearcy, nobody can sing RATT songs with his distinctive raspy wail, or maybe Keifer can try that ? :D

Interesting.. My favorite KIX release is Midnight Dynamite by far.

Not sure if I ever mentioned this before... I suppose it may not have ever been publicly know... But Steve Whiteman was DeMartinni's first choice to replace Pearcy after his departure.

Interesting.. My favorite KIX release is Midnight Dynamite by far.

Not sure if I ever mentioned this before... I suppose it may not have ever been publicly know... But Steve Whiteman was DeMartinni's first choice to replace Pearcy after his departure.

Cool! Did not know that!

While I probably like Out of the Cellar better than any Kix album, there are about 4-5 Kix albums that I absolutely LOVE, almost from start to finish.

No Mullet, that was an absolutely fucking awesome album, my problem with it, and I noticed this even when it was released (and I was only in 5th grade) do you notice the fact it sounds like they decided "fuck it" we will just skip the mastering process all together and release it as is? yeah maybe if they took some time, threw the masters in and mastered the fuck out of it, it would give it a whole new dynamic, because on top of that, it really wasn't recorded that well to begin with, the complete opposite is the case with Hot Wire, where you put it on and the songs just pour into you, you hear everything, from the instruments, to Steves awesome rasp, thats my deciding factor in all of this, and almost everything I listen to, probably not the case with very many of you, as far as songs go, individually, I dont believe Kix can hold a comparison to Ratt, IMO not many bands in history can, but thats just what I think.

• 2023 Gold Donors

'Out Of The Cellar' is every bit the benchmark record that Back In Black or Appetite etc..were.A ballsy-punch-you-in-the-mouth-set-the-bar-high hard rock/metal album.Cellar' was kinda AFD before AFD if you wanna get technical.You can still crank that thing and it hasn't lost squat.Just like the GnR etc.

No Mullet, that was an absolutely fucking awesome album, my problem with it, and I noticed this even when it was released (and I was only in 5th grade) do you notice the fact it sounds like they decided "fuck it" we will just skip the mastering process all together and release it as is? yeah maybe if they took some time, threw the masters in and mastered the fuck out of it, it would give it a whole new dynamic, because on top of that, it really wasn't recorded that well to begin with, the complete opposite is the case with Hot Wire, where you put it on and the songs just pour into you, you hear everything, from the instruments, to Steves awesome rasp, thats my deciding factor in all of this, and almost everything I listen to, probably not the case with very many of you, as far as songs go, individually, I dont believe Kix can hold a comparison to Ratt, IMO not many bands in history can, but thats just what I think.

The production was thin but not bad, like a lot of things released in 1988. Hot Wire def has great production but it's far from filler free.

The production was thin but not bad, like a lot of things released in 1988. Hot Wire def has great production but it's far from filler free.

don't know that I have ever heard such a fine album (from mid 80's on) that had such poor production as blow my fuse

I think overall Ratt has a stronger catalogue. Live though, Kix absolutely wipe their asses with Ratt. Zero comparison, 99.999999% of the reason being the travesty that is Stephen Pearcy.

And, with all of Ratt's songs that are "better" than Kix's, the song "Cold Blood" (from Kix, in case someone is out of the loop) is one of my favourite songs ever. The intensity and the hook in the B section through to the chrorus in that song almost makes your spine bleed. I cannot turn that song up loud enough.

I think overall Ratt has a stronger catalogue. Live though, Kix absolutely wipe their asses with Ratt. Zero comparison, 99.999999% of the reason being the travesty that is Stephen Pearcy.

And, with all of Ratt's songs that are "better" than Kix's, the song "Cold Blood" (from Kix, in case someone is out of the loop) is one of my favourite songs ever. The intensity and the hook in the B section through to the chrorus in that song almost makes your spine bleed. I cannot turn that song up loud enough.

Fuck no you cant, cause I dont know if theres any amps out there that are powerful enough to amplify that album, now think of if it had crystal clear, precise mastering done to it, OMG, now you've got my attention, it's kind of like a chick getting in bed, and you and your buddy are naked waiting for her, you got a rock hard cock, and your buddy is flaccid and limp, sure maybe she will put up with your buddy, after she's done with you, that's the way I compare poor production, to good production, and Mullethead, I really only thought there were 2 fillers on Hot Wire, I wouldnt exactly call Boomerang, and Piece Of The Pie not fillers, but that production was bad even for 1988, listen to Appetite, that was in 87 wasnt it? it still stands up today, Y&T Contagious that was in 87, and that fucking smokes still today, so I think it was just bad production, and I think they would do us all a gigantic service taking a month or so, and remastering Blow My Fuse, fuck I cant even imagine what that would be like, if it sounded optimal, can you?

Second that man, 'Hot Wire' is really their best album, followed by 'Fuse' and then 'Madness', and I agree at least 5 RATT albums is even better than 'Wire', or to pick only 3, I guess 'Out of The Cellar', 'Infestation', and 'Detonator'.

KIX started to pick up the peak late in their career while RATT has been pretty consistent since the beginning. The patchy years of 'Collage' and 'yellow s/t' is probably quite similar to KIX' 'Show Business', so without counting that poor albums, RATT's discography is outweigh KIX, not to mention that I just can't get anything at all from KIX's first two, it's like almost all of em are fillers, but somewhat I always think that Whiteman is always a better singer than Pearcy, although you really can't replace Pearcy, nobody can sing RATT songs with his distinctive raspy wail, or maybe Keifer can try that ? :D

Nice one. I would have 'Out Of The Cellar', 'Invasion of Your Privacy', 'Dancing Undercover', 'Reach For The Sky' and 'Detonator' above anything I've heard by Kix. But then Ratt were absolutely fantastic for that period of time - classic album after classic album.

I do love Ratt more, but I agree about Cold Blood!