chocularok

SunCity Records Officially Out of Business

What's up with them? I haven't heard any news in forever, & dammit I was really looking forward to the Femme Fatale release. Are they still around?

I think David recently posted on melodicrock.com

Someone asked him about Suncity and he never replied.

It's hard to find the last 4 Suncity releases......I know Wishing Well tried to get them and failed also NEH doesn't have them anymore.....doesn't look good for Suncity....I'm not even sure I should order them directly from Suncity...

I got an e-mail from them several months ago. I was asking when Live Tongue's second album was going to see the light of day. I don't remember the exact wording from the e-mail, but the jist of it was that yes they were still around and the upcoming albums were still slated for release at an undisclosed time.

Last I heard, Babe Blu was going to be released on Suncity Records, but who really knows...

Babe-Blu.jpg

Recent I texted David about something which was written on Melodic Rock, and he texted back he was looking at. He hasn't been heard since.

Guest aggelos978

I think Suncity is in Australia...?

Maybe someone can go there and ask... :D

Great label indeed...

I think Suncity is in Australia...?

Maybe someone can go there and ask... :D

Great label indeed...

Yep, based in Victoria, Australia, I believe. There was another thread here the other day with a note confirming the label was still in action with a few releases on the horizon... most notably, imo, the Baby Blu one.

So is it safe to assume this label is no more? :unsure:

Look at what Suncity's wikipedia page says:

Suncity Records is an Australian record label that specialized in releasing melodic rock and hard rock CDs. The label mostly focused on previously recorded, but unreleased, material. They were no longer online as of August 2011 leaving numerous bands without their compact discs.

Artists

Androids

Big Guns

Blackboard Jungle

Blue Tears

Cruella D'ville

Dirty Rhythm

Fashion Police

Fatal Charm

Femme Fatale

Flash Addict

Jet Red

Johnny Crash

Kidd Havok

Lessdress

Daniel MacMaster (of Bonham)

Masque

Pretty Vacant

Quade

Road Ratt

Schoolboy Crush

Slash Puppet

Sweet Teaze

Swingin' Thing

Voyeur

Numerous bands...yes as well as holding out on the new Kidd Havok...Jolly Roger and Merri Hoaxx cd's...the bands never go paid or seen any releases...yet David at Suncity has the masters...what a crook!!!! Come out from under the rock bro...LOL :party421::beerbang::drink:

What a shame. I loved most everything I bought from SCity. I know JetRed just reissued Flight Plan on their own. Its a great album.

What a shame. I loved most everything I bought from SCity. I know JetRed just reissued Flight Plan on their own. Its a great album.

Jet Red Rips!!

Mafia.

It's pretty clear from discussion here and at MR that Suncity Records is now defunct. Moreover, David Moors is avoiding contact with anyone and everyone about the label, including his former clients, even retaining masters and CDs that belong to others.

I've changed the title of this thread and am stickying it.

-Dan

Pity, I still wanted to get several of those - especially the Blue Tears discs...

Wtf? If your label goes down then fine. But don't keep other people's shit Lonnie the 2nd.

well he shouldn't steal the masters like that, terrible businessman!

I got an email from Myspace telling me to check out David Moors new profile. Could that mean something is in the works?

I got an email from Myspace telling me to check out David Moors new profile. Could that mean something is in the works?

I'm not sure what he would have in the works. Word on the streets is he screwed over a lot of bands...