Azintex-music.com

Stefan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that was a shot at me SUICIDE , not fucking cool. I don't know why you have this vendetta against me but whatever dude. EVERYONE sells boots....EVERYONE. I don't know anyone that hasn't or doesn't have a boot in his collection. It's not like you can't tell the difference between an original and a knock-off. It's one thing to boot shit thats been OOP for years and years , it's another to boot shit that's currently available. Let's make that clear.

File-sharing is a bullshit avenue as well. There's FAR MORE people downloading for free than peeps booting product.

Do I feel guilty about selling a few boots ? NOPE. I sure don't. Cuz I'd rather people get cd's for $10 than have to fork out hundreds to a zealous seller.

There are dozens of people on this site who are guilty of selling boots , and in fact I exposed the big bootlegging ring that perpetuated this website for years. IT HAPPENS.

As a music collector of over 15,000 cd's , i could care less about the origins - I wanna hear good shit. I have yet to unleash my rarities upon the world , but you're gonna see some amazing stuff.

Does anyone REALLY believe all those Rock Candy cd's are legit? Ummmm NO. SO someone is making cash off it. It's up to the bands to deal with it.

Personally , I much prefer signing an act , giving them the best royalty rate of any re-issue label , and working closely with them on the release.

You're saying that Rock Candy label is boots? Don't they have participation from band members in the liner notes? I assume if that was the case they would have an okay from both band and label.

If Rock Candy are boots they are best sounding and looking boots of all time!

I didn't mention Rock Candy. I actually believe they go through the artist to make it happen...for the most part. I've been impressed with about half of their releases personally. Some I'm like ?

Actually you did, Sam. In post #122:

Does anyone REALLY believe all those Rock Candy cd's are legit? Ummmm NO. SO someone is making cash off it. It's up to the bands to deal with it.

Unless you meant something other than what you wrote...

Weird how Michael Voss didn't even know about the Casanova re-issues from that Divebomb label though....and don't even get me started on Majestic Rock , Krescendo or Metal Mayhem....

Is that JJT with Jimmy Crespo going to be released on CD?

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/jjt.html

Sorry for the tangent but I e-mailed the site and got no answer.

Oh guys. I didn't mean the label rock candy. I meant the rock candy 'sucker for a pretty face' CDs. Easy to confuse. :). And hope to get JJT soon in 2013.

I think everyone knows that Rock Candy Sucker is boots since as far as I know there was never an official cd release. When you mentioned Rock Candy you had also mentioned other labels so one would assume you were speaking of the label not the band.

Oh guys. I didn't mean the label rock candy. I meant the rock candy 'sucker for a pretty face' CDs. Easy to confuse. :). And hope to get JJT soon in 2013.

I think everyone knows that Rock Candy Sucker is boots since as far as I know there was never an official cd release. When you mentioned Rock Candy you had also mentioned other labels so one would assume you were speaking of the label not the band.

In all fairness in reading Sam's post my first thought was the band Rock Candy, not the label.

And in post #121 and #122, the "bootleg" seller jabs, which are uncalled for, (and I am not eluding to anyone person selling anything mind you), I believe as a community we know this practice exists, we just want the act to be a known act, not the trying to pass a boot off as an original. That way we can make the decision as to what we are buying and if that suits our needs. No surprises. Right?!?

Reminder: this topic is VERY touchy and obviously opinions vary greatly, let us PLEASE try to remain somewhat civil and TRY to deal in facts.

Thank you.

Carry on.

In all fairness in reading Sam's post my first thought was the band Rock Candy, not the label.

And in post #121 and #122, the "bootleg" seller jabs, which are uncalled for, (and I am not eluding to anyone person selling anything mind you), I believe as a community we know this practice exists, we just want the act to be a known act, not the trying to pass a boot off as an original. That way we can make the decision as to what we are buying and if that suits our needs. No surprises. Right?!?

Reminder: this topic is VERY touchy and obviously opinions vary greatly, let us PLEASE try to remain somewhat civil and TRY to deal in facts.

Thank you.

Carry on.

I'm not sure if opinions vary all that much as I think most on this site want the real deal and expect a seller to be upfront with what their selling and if it's legit or not. As for my comment I still read it as the label but now I know he meant the band but then again I didn't think either of my posts were uncivil in anyway.

Now for the record I have been sold boots on this very site but I learned my lesson and I won't buy from that seller again and I probably should have trusted my gut before I bought it anyway.

Speaking on not getting what you expect did anyone else have any thoughts on my thread on my Amazon sellers and even Amazon themselves promoting sellers selling the Argentina version of Frontiers titles? This is another issue that I'm having with the description stating it's Frontiers but it shows up and it's Icarus Music label. It still sounds and looks the same but Amazon don't seem to care that their sellers aren't being upfront with buyers.

Yep, I also thought you meant the label.

After 10 years I thought you would have realized now that EVERY rare cd thats ever been released will be booted OR officially re-released sooner or later. It's GOING to happen. If someone's precious $1000 cd just got devalued then I don't really have any sympathy....rare cd's NEED to be available at affordable prices for everyone to enjoy...not just for bragging rights. I bet I could ask a few questions and see if you own a boot or two. Do you own any of the HEAVEN cd's? TUFF LUCK? Any WOUNDED BIRD releases?

They do need to be available ( as a re-release with the bands permission) and the originals should stay a collector item (similar to what you did with the Jillson cd which I thought was a nice re-release).

And the answer to your questions below are no, no & no.

Thank you.

Carry on.

I hate to disagree with you sir but the post in #121 is not uncalled for, nor was a jab at one person in particular. Bootleg sellers suck...period. It's not opinion, its a fact and cannot be justified any other way.

This is an age old thread that always ends up with certain people getting attacked (some rightfully so) and would be better served not to even open up this can of worms. I agree 100% with Wes...the majority here want the real deal.

It's tit for tat. I am upfront about what I sell. PERIOD. People know what they are getting. My releases have been booted and I accept and expect it. I also am well aware that many oop retrospect titles are fetching close to 100 bucks. It is a revolving door. I know tons of people on this site who also have no room to talk.

'Ripping off bands for years'?? Fuck you dude, I have done more for the 80s reissue scene then any other label. PERIOD.

Name any other label who has released over 500 albums AND most of all, reunited many of those bands for FOUR big rock festivals in the last 6 years. You can't. Any money I have made has been reinvested in the scene and the bands. PERIOD. My passion for the scene is unmatched and I challenge you to find anyone who has met me in person to disagree with that statement.

I've said it before and I will say it again , there was a majority of this site who crucified me in 2005 saying I would last 6 months...it's been 7 fucking years....

Sam,

Would you just shut up... As far as I know, you are correct about being upfront (now), you sure as hell were not upfront in all of your past. And if you mean, making a ton of money off of the 80s hard rock bands while paying them little or nothing, then yes, your label has done more for the scene than just about anybody. Get over yourself!

Swallow me numbnuts. Paying bands little or nothing? Lmao. I was the first label on the planet to pay MORE % to the artist than i ever got. When you grow a set you can have an opinion...til then shut your filthy fuckin pie hole. Fuckstick.

Classy, nobody will ever accuse you of having a high intelligence. I can back up every accusation I have ever made about you, but the last time I exposed your little game here on the forums, the thread was taken down. I like the warning of this thread, and I don't want it taken down by me arguing a similar but unrelated topic.

Oh, and if you want to respond (and I'm sure you do), why don't you keep the language down a little bit. I can promise you that your posts will not only be easier to understand, but likely will seem much more valid as well :)

• My Little Pony

Alright boys. Let's stop this. Sam, I know he's attacking your credibility, but both of you need to keep this off the forums. If you must, use the PMs. Keep in mind, fighting over the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.

Alright boys. Let's stop this. Sam, I know he's attacking your credibility, but both of you need to keep this off the forums. If you must, use the PMs. Keep in mind, fighting over the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.

Jeez you're mature. Your 68 years of wisdom shine through in your post. Jesus would be proud of you. No, make that is. Jesus is proud of you.