JUDAS PRIEST Call It A Day, Announce Farewell Tour

Rockposer

I hope this isn't a sign of health troubles for Mr. Downing.

I was thinking the same thing. He seemed pretty gung-ho about the tour and the eventual new (last?) album, then all of a sudden he's sitting 'em both out. Doesn't sound very good.

Guest aggelos978

Lets face it, Rob will continue to put out solo material and/or side projects.

The rest of the band will probably also put out side projects or do something akin to Heaven and Hell with a new singer, and in 5 years time they will have a reunion.

Haha...probably a reunion from Heavens...lol

Looks like K.K. Downing has opted out of the forthcoming Priest farewell tour... :blink:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kk-downing-retires-from-judas-priest/

K.K. Downing has decided hang up his guitar and retire from Judas Priest.

An official statement from the Priest camp (no pun intended) reads as follows:

It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that KK Downing has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming Epitaph tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally wish him well.

Having thought long and hard about how to proceed, Rob, Glenn, Ian and Scott unanimously agreed that they should go ahead with the tour and not let the fans down all around the world.

Fate also stepped in and delivered the perfect replacement – 31-year-old respected guitar player Richie Faulkner [who has played with Lauren Harris; he is pictured below] – he has blended into the band perfectly and is a great talent who is going to help set the stage on fire!

The Epitaph tour will include songs from every Priest studio album and also tracks they have never before performed on stage plus all the old favourites!

With a new album due to be released next year the metal gods are preparing to tour the planet once more – heavy metal at its best complete with lasers, lights, bikes and hellfire! It’s a show not to be missed!

New Guy:

Richie-Faulkner.jpg

I'm quite surprised by this. As others have said I sure hope it's not health related. Also I would've expected that Rob would of pulled Metal Mike into the band to replace KK.

From his website:

K.K. Downing press release

Dear friends,

It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am O.K.

There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time.

Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans.

However I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

All my love and respect,

KK Downing

Sounds like a very polite way of saying "I've had enough of this sh*t and I just wanna stay home and enjoy my golden years, see ya" :lol:

• 3 weeks later...